REQ-LOGO Logo Design for Publishing Company

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest: LOGO design

Prize: $40.00

Contest End Date & Time: May 13, 2017, 9:00 PM GMT

Size Requirements: Various sizes but must look good very small (1 inch x 1 inch) - see details below

Color Requirements: The logo will be used on a book - on the inside pages and on the spine of the book.

General Requirements: The logo is for a publishing company. It should include a graphic and nicely designed text with the name of the company.

Because it will be on the spine (i.e., the outward facing side) of the book, it ideally should be vertical (with the graphic image above and text below) and look good very small (1 inch x 1 inch, with the possibility it will be only 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch in some cases). It’s possible to make it slightly taller than wider (i.e., 1/2 inch wide and 3/4 inch tall).

An image of several book spines is attached so you can see logos on them. The same logo will also be used at the bottom of the title page of the book. An example from the book “Disrupted” is attached.

Additional Information: The name of company to use is Blue Pepper Press. I’m thinking the graphic should be of a pepper (either a chili pepper or bell pepper is fine) colored blue, with text in a matching font below. If you choose a chili pepper, take care not to make the pepper look obscene!

Attachments

• IMG_6723 (medium).jpg
    IMG_6723 (medium).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Disrupted title page.jpg
    Disrupted title page.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Logoexpert - what is the inside of the pepper supposed to be? I can't quite figure it out!

Thanks!

Hi @brianblum that was just only a reflection of light to make the logo shinier , i created below without reflection of light
3.png

4.png
5.png

6.png

•••
Hi! Here is my design idea. Hope you like it.
1-01.png

•••
•••
My submission: Logo has a blue pepper shaped as a B so that even if you have to print as white or black it would still be recognizable (see bottom right).

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Just a quick note to everyone - I am reviewing all the submissions - there are so many good ones, it will be tough to choose!

•••
Book Visualization:

Last edited:
•••
Concept: two pepper looks like an abstract of book. Thanks.
=====================

logo.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Another try. Icon can be used alone also, yet it will still have meaning
BPP1.png
BPP2.png

•••
•••
•••
•••
Concept: two pepper looks like an abstract of book. Thanks.
=====================

Show attachment 58131
Galalogo: The book/pepper concept is interesting. Could you do a version of this with several changes:
1) It needs to fit on the spine of a book vertically. Could you try it as Blue (first line) Pepper (second line) Press (third line).
2) Could you write it with first letter caps (or all in caps) as in Blue Pepper Press not bluepepperpress?
3) Could you do the design on a plain white background rather than a book page or t-shirt so I can compare it with the other submissions?

To all: the logo will be in color on the spine of the book and on my website. It will be in black and white on the title page of the book.

Great submissions...we're getting close!

•••
Blue Pepper (3).png
8.png
Blue Pepper.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Galalogo: The book/pepper concept is interesting. Could you do a version of this with several changes:
1) It needs to fit on the spine of a book vertically. Could you try it as Blue (first line) Pepper (second line) Press (third line).
2) Could you write it with first letter caps (or all in caps) as in Blue Pepper Press not bluepepperpress?
3) Could you do the design on a plain white background rather than a book page or t-shirt so I can compare it with the other submissions?

To all: the logo will be in color on the spine of the book and on my website. It will be in black and white on the title page of the book.

Great submissions...we're getting close!

REVISION. Thanks.
logo.jpg

logo2.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hello,
Here's my try. :) The negative space hints the silhouette of a reading person.

Code:
orig05.deviantart.net/9924/f/2017/133/5/4/blue_pepper_press_logo_by_dianagyms-db91gnv.png

•••
Hello,
Here's my try. :) The negative space hints the silhouette of a reading person.

Code:
orig05.deviantart.net/9924/f/2017/133/5/4/blue_pepper_press_logo_by_dianagyms-db91gnv.png

simply superb.

•••
My variations:

bpp12.png

BPP8.png

BPP9.png

BPP10.png

BPP11.png

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back