Domain Empire

information Logan.Movie (Saw commercial)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Just thought I'd mention seeing Logan.Movie domain for the new logan movie commercial. Pretty cool that they went with a Ngtld for this movie instead of LoganMovie.com or even a longtail.

any more movies with similar usage of such domain extensions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the movie becomes a huge hit or franchise, then the .com would be more necessary.

•••
it makes more sense than loganthemovie.com.

its quicker more eye catching - logan.movie -

I see stars and cuts already
lol

•••
it makes more sense than loganthemovie.com.

its quicker more eye catching - logan.movie -

I see stars and cuts already
lol

Except that people would actually find it if 'LoganTheMove.com' was put on posters and billboards. 98% of the population would have no clue that logan.movie was a website.

•••
Over time people will learn though.

•••
no problem with the marketing they do for a movie, really.

•••
Over time people will learn though.

Not necessarily. People are creatures of habit. Most people don't associate Great.FYI with a website...and in fact, most people don't want to be bothered to learn the thousands of new extensions...consumers are perfectly happy with .com. Any business that really depends on their domain name isn't going to want to risk everything when putting up nationwide advertisements...which is why .com is still so prevalent on branding and marketing material.

•••
Maybe, but new young people are coming online every day/month/year seeing all these extensions. They don't have 20 years of .com marketing ingrained in them like we do. So it should in theory change slowly over time.

•••
Maybe, but new young people are coming online every day/month/year seeing all these extensions. They don't have 20 years of .com marketing ingrained in them like we do. So it should in theory change slowly over time.

Not really, most young people just want to find what they want to find, they don't care about all these new extensions. I would say 98% of young people wouldn't know Great.FYI was a website either. Nearly every major company uses a .com and they have no incentive to change that.

•••
There are more new gtlds being used everyday. People will get used to them over time. 5 years, 10 years, longer I don't know but it will happen. Hollywood promoting .movie domains, things like that, people will slowly catch on. Also people are forced to use alternate extensions due to .com's being taken, they see them at registrars when checking for a name. A business in my town uses a .guru for their tourist retreat, little by little people take notice. Do you think you will see less new gtlds being used 5yrs from now?? likely more

•••
There are more new gtlds being used everyday. People will get used to them over time. 5 years, 10 years, longer I don't know but it will happen. Hollywood promoting .movie domains, things like that, people will slowly catch on. Also people are forced to use alternate extensions due to .com's being taken, they see them at registrars when checking for a name. A business in my town uses a .guru for their tourist retreat, little by little people take notice. Do you think you will see less new gtlds being used 5yrs from now?? likely more

I think you are mistaken. According to the stats, .Movie has been available since 2015. It currently has just about 1,000 registrations. Of those, 800+ are parked/non-revolving pages. A quick search of Google for .movie domains and by the second page, I'm already seeing spam/nonsense websites. So why, in 2 years and thousands of big screen movie releases are there not more movie distributors/producers using this extension? Is it because they know consumers won't find it? I don't know how you define success, but 200 active websites using .Movie, half of which are spam/nonsense, is not exactly what I would consider a success.

•••
.movie is only one extension, there are 100's or 1000's? out there. Another round of new ones is coming in 2 or 3 years. They will just continue to get used. Its ok if we dont agree, time will tell.

•••
I think you are mistaken. According to the stats, .Movie has been available since 2015. It currently has just about 1,000 registrations. Of those, 800+ are parked/non-revolving pages. A quick search of Google for .movie domains and by the second page, I'm already seeing spam/nonsense websites. So why, in 2 years and thousands of big screen movie releases are there not more movie distributors/producers using this extension? Is it because they know consumers won't find it? I don't know how you define success, but 200 active websites using .Movie, half of which are spam/nonsense, is not exactly what I would consider a success.
Why do you insist so much? They are not stupid for choosing .movie.
They had reasons for choosing that TLD, so stop acting so smart and accept the fact as is.

•••
Why do you insist so much? They are not stupid for choosing .movie.
They had reasons for choosing that TLD, so stop acting so smart and accept the fact as is.

Boy, it's a good thing you chimed in with such a helpful comment. If you look at the posts, I am simply saying that there is no reason to choose one of the new extensions and the other poster is arguing his view that people should be choosing them. This is a debate that goes on all around the forums here. Obviously they can pick whatever they want, I was simply highlighting that, in general, there really is no incentive for most production companies/distributors to do so.

•••
I don't think people should or should not be using new gtlds. I just see them getting used and think it will gradually pick up over time until there is good awareness of all these available options. Again, we'll see in time how it plays out. Some may fail but many are here to stay.

•••
I noticed today that they are now promoting the domain www.LoganTickets.com at the end of the TV trailers in place of Logan.Movie

•••
I noticed today that they are now promoting the domain LoganTickets.com at the end of the TV trailers in place of Logan.Movie

Sounds like a smart move.

•••
It just forwards to a .com anyways. That way it is still indexed in google after they drop the .movie
Agree with the comment above

•••
•••
•••
•••
True, although I believe the big takeaway is that the movie is being marketed with Logan.Movie. You can see the domain, Logan.Movie, used at the end of the trailer.
Seriously? Over a year old thread, and you had to post that?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back