IT.COM

information Logan.Movie (Saw commercial)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Just thought I'd mention seeing Logan.Movie domain for the new logan movie commercial. Pretty cool that they went with a Ngtld for this movie instead of LoganMovie.com or even a longtail.

any more movies with similar usage of such domain extensions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your definition of a 'useless thread' will be different than others. It is an opinion. If you find it useless just move on. Don't comment or attack. It's really simple...It's clear you came here to attack. Saying otherwise is only fooling yourself, not others.

Did you read my very first post in this thread? It was a simply comment that the domain he mentioned was already registered (which he would have known if he took 10 seconds to research instead of starting every thread that comes to mind). He then started yelling at me that he has a life and doesn't have time to research (even though he has time to argue and write novels).

•••
Did you read my very first post in this thread? It was a simply comment that the domain he mentioned was already registered (which he would have known if he took 10 seconds to research instead of starting every thread that comes to mind). He then started yelling at me that he has a life and doesn't have time to research (even though he has time to argue and write novels).
Don't give me that nonsense. Nobody is buying it. Your first comment was condescending at minimum. It's not your first time doing that to Avtar, you seem to consistently harass and provoke him.

•••
Don't give me that nonsense. Nobody is buying it. Your first comment was condescending at minimum. It's not your first time doing that to Avtar, you seem to consistently harass and provoke him.

And was being condescending not deserved? As usual, he types up whatever comes to mind with no research or thought process what-so-ever. It took me less than 30 seconds to do all the research needed...he needs to take some time and think, do some research and look into stuff before posting more nonsense. Just like in the other thread where we were all talking about the 'N' word being expired...he charges in and tells us we are all wrong and it doesn't expire until next year...he was wrong...again because he couldn't be bothered to do any research or learning.

•••
And was being condescending not deserved? As usual, he types up whatever comes to mind with no research or thought process what-so-ever. It took me less than 30 seconds to do all the research needed...he needs to take some time and think, do some research and look into stuff before posting more nonsense. Just like in the other thread where we were all talking about the 'N' word being expired...he charges in and tells us we are all wrong and it doesn't expire until next year...he was wrong...again because he couldn't be bothered to do any research or learning.
OK....You have made it clear why you harass, bully and troll him. Now, please stop!:stop:

•••
OK....You have made it clear why you harass, bully and troll him. Now, please stop!:stop:

You mean why I correct and help him. But don't worry, I'm just about to log off until tomorrow!

•••
And this is exactly why you are considered antagonistic, you can't just reply respectfully like me. I have already told you...now for the 3rd time, I don't typically start useless threads like you...I am here to reply and help and assist others, something you aren't familiar with.

lol I'm done. you just keep on replying and if I stop in your mind you win. which is exactly how losers think.

ok you win. it's like fighting with a 12 year old.

"I know you are but what am I?"

pointless.

I will say this. officially. and to ANY Moderator reading this.

Kindly refrain from replying to ANY of my POSTS.
I am asking you kindly.
Choose to IGNORE this request and that's officially grounds for harrassment.
This includes Any Opinion you have on my posts as you are not welcome.

Moderator?

If I were a female being harrassed like this? It would become a federal crime.

Me being Male should not make what this guy is doing any less creepy.

Engage when Engaged.

PERIOD. Ignore this? or Don't get it? well then who is stupid here?

This is my Legal request to ask this person to not engage with me.

if this person continues I will legally ask NP to devulge the information on this user to exact legal action.

Even though his posts have been deleted I have made a point of taking screenshots of ALL POSTS.

I think laws have recently been created to exact legal action against Trolls as it is a form of bullying nothing more nothing noble.

I think NP has been allowing THIS TROLL to continue unchecked for too long and it's time to end.

I am officially putting YOU AND NP on notice.

Please Please Please Try me. I will enjoy it.

had enough of this already.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_li...net-troll-legal-consequences-to-consider.html
http://www.brettwilson.co.uk/defamation-privacy-online-harassment/online-harassment/trolling/
http://gizmodo.com/5898585/itll-soon-be-illegal-to-troll-in-arizona

So TodayGold? shall we play? say one more word. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

•••
You mean why I correct and help him. But don't worry, I'm just about to log off until tomorrow!

was HELP Requested? again self appointed.

•••
Seeing as how it is used by a chain of movie theaters, I doubt they would be willing to change all of their marketing material, pamphlets, business cards, etc. unless they were offered a LOT of money.

A LOT of money? Do you think the movie studious don't have the budget to spend alot of money on a domain if they really wanted it? It's not rocket science mate, it's simple business..something I have been saying here forever but some people lack the intellectual capacity to understand basic common sense... Simple reason is that whilst they could obviously drop a few hundred thousand dollars if need be to acquire the .com name. They simply could not justify it from a business perspective, they fell it made better business sense to acquire a nGTLD that works.

Last edited:
•••
They don't need the com domains since they do heavy marketing, any domain would do as long as it is attractive.
Avatar629, I remember him from the appraisal section (if I'm not wrong). It is very annoying posting so many long posts w/o any value.

•••
They don't need the com domains since they do heavy marketing, any domain would do as long as it is attractive.
Avatar629, I remember him from the appraisal section (if I'm not wrong). It is very annoying posting so many long posts w/o any value.

I am going to like this post as it is said politely and as I don't know you so I won't assume the worst.
I will agree WITH YOU my posts are a bit annoying. lol will try to tone it down a bit. lol thanks.

•••
The old joke

How do you make a small fortune from new tlds

You start with a very large fortune first

There junk all smoke and mirrors fake sales that never change under whois a year later .

Dot com is king and will always be the average person in the street has no idea of logan.movie and guarantee by the time they get home they will have typed loganmovie.com in search bar.

This is the problem i see some new tlds now for pennies it is sad they just released so many extentions it was ridiculous they should do the last one .runoutofideas

Last edited:
•••
Bartender: "Guys, whatever this is, take it outside." - X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

Wolverine rocks!!!!!!!!!

•••

Bartender: You're not from around here, are you?

Victor Creed: [carving a smiley face into the table] What gave me away?

Logan: [outside, having tracked Creed down] VICTOR!

Victor Creed: [to the bartender] You got insurance on this place?

Bartender: Insurance? No.

Victor Creed: Too bad...

[Logan crashes into the bar]

Victor Creed: Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in.

Bartender: Guys, whatever this is, take it outside.

Logan: I wanna know why!

Victor Creed: Why? You don't call. You don't write. How else am I supposed to get your attention?

{only nostalgic}

Last edited:
•••
Although the .movie extension may work OK-ish for a one-word movie name, I think the .com still makes far more sense for longer titles.

You've got to remember, anyone looking for the movies official site that hasn't seen the domain name in a trailer will automatically assume it'll be .com.

Hardly anyone in the general public even knows there's a .movie extension. Even if they see Name.Movie in a trailer, many won't realise that's a website address.

I can't even be bothered to go into the 'traffic loss to the .com' factor.

•••
They couldn't use the .com becuase it is already being used as a business. I am glad they used a ngtld, I like them. Maybe this will start making the public see ngtlds as a domain extension. I think all new movies should just use .movies or .film

•••
lol I'm done. you just keep on replying and if I stop in your mind you win. which is exactly how losers think.

ok you win. it's like fighting with a 12 year old.

pointless.

I will say this. officially. and to ANY Moderator reading this.

Kindly refrain from replying to ANY of my POSTS.
I am asking you kindly.
Choose to IGNORE this request and that's officially grounds for harrassment.
This includes Any Opinion you have on my posts as you are not welcome.

Moderator?

If I were a female being harrassed like this? It would become a federal crime.

Me being Male should not make what this guy is doing any less creepy.

Engage when Engaged.

PERIOD. Ignore this? or Don't get it? well then who is stupid here?

This is my Legal request to ask this person to not engage with me.

if this person continues I will legally ask NP to devulge the information on this user to exact legal action.

Even though his posts have been deleted I have made a point of taking screenshots of ALL POSTS.

I think laws have recently been created to exact legal action against Trolls as it is a form of bullying nothing more nothing noble.

I think NP has been allowing THIS TROLL to continue unchecked for too long and it's time to end.

I am officially putting YOU AND NP on notice.

Please Please Please Try me. I will enjoy it.

So TodayGold? shall we play? say one more word. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Who are you to make up these 'rules'? So you call me a loser for replying back...yet you keep replying!? Pot meet kettle. Why don't you stop replying to me, would that make you the loser then (in your mind)?
And a federal crime!!! LMAO You have some wacky mind. People argue and debate on forums all the time, that's not a crime (well in your whacked up mind maybe).

•••
A LOT of money? Do you think the movie studious don't have the budget to spend alot of money on a domain if they really wanted it? It's not rocket science mate, it's simple business..something I have been saying here forever but some people lack the intellectual capacity to understand basic common sense... Simple reason is that whilst they could obviously drop a few hundred thousand dollars if need be to acquire the .com name. They simply could not justify it from a business perspective, they fell it made better business sense to acquire a nGTLD that works.

Yes, a LOT more money than you think. This is a chain of movie theaters...I don't know how well exactly they do, but the theater at the mall by me where I know the manager grosses in the millions per year...and that's just one theater. If this chain were bringing in millions per year, they aren't going to want to change their entire marketing strategy, domain where they sell tickets, etc. They would probably want millions for the domain...and I highly doubt the movie company would give the okay to spend that amount of money on a web address.

•••
Lots of movies don't even bother setting up a dedicated website, and even if every one that did used .movie, that's still not many registrations.

I don't understand how there'll be enough demand for this extension to survive.

•••
Lots of movies don't even bother setting up a dedicated website, and even if every one that did used .movie, that's still not many registrations.

I don't understand how there'll be enough demand for this extension to survive.
Exactly. How many movies or films produced 10's of millions LOL not!
The only way this extension is going to make money is by selling the whole extension to the makers.
Nice to see they are using for marketing purpose.
This extension is definitely not a brandable and not an investable for sure.
Happy Hunting

•••
Hardly anyone in the general public even knows there's a .movie extension. Even if they see Name.Movie in a trailer, many won't realise that's a website address.
Its easy..they just have to do something really cheesy but that actually ends being cool, such as displaying little "hanging signs" beneath each Whatever.Movie link that reads:

Whatever.Movie
The above is a real website.
It's not a dot-com.
Literally a dot-movie.
You can even Google it.
(in case you were wondering)

They only have to do it for a couple of years. But all the movie studios would have to commit, not just one. Just geek it out for a while. Might lose a bit of revenue at first, but it would catch on soon enough.

•••
They only have to do it for a couple of years. But all the movie studios would have to commit, not just one. Just geek it out for a while. Might lose a bit of revenue at first, but it would catch on soon enough.

But why would they bother? It's much easier to just have TheWhateverNameMovie.com where people will recognize it's a website. Especially since most people just Google the movie anyway and find the website that way, so the domain doesn't even really matter all that much.

•••
Someone has to do something, at some point. While the new G's speak for themselves, they just can't promote themselves. There's probably no better medium for this than the movie and television industry.

•••
Someone has to do something, at some point.

You are again leaving out 'why'? Why does someone have to do something at some point when they can just use .com's instead?

•••
Because people are going to lose a lot of money if they don't :xf.rolleyes:

•••
I often see movies use new gtlds for marketing. They are only needed short term so they won't always spend big for the perfect .com

•••
Back