Domain Empire

Locked out of GoDaddy account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
2 factor authentication on Godaddy investor app didn't work. It didn't send out the text message to my phone so I went to Godaddy.com to login and got this error "We're sorry, but this phone number cannot be used."

Talked to customer support and was told to go to ChangeUpdate.com (GoDaddy department) to make a request to remove the 2 factor authentication. Waiting for them to remove it.

I had issues with the app sending the codes twice but never got locked out like today.

Did anyone of you face 2 factor authentication issue with the app today?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks - I saw your DM to me so I'll work with you through there to make sure this is solved for you.
Hi James,

Been encountering the same issue. Could you please look into the matter? Would really appreciate your help.

•••
untill this day i still can't login sir

Last edited:
•••
Thanks - I saw your DM to me so I'll work with you through there to make sure this is solved for you.
Hi James,

Kindly assist with my Godaddy account as I am hitting the same blocker "We're sorry, but this phone number cannot be used" and I wanna renew my subscription since yesterday

•••
Now this happening to me. Talk to customer support...but they don't know what to do. This is a very poor customer service by Godaddy.

•••
Hi James. I have been trying to help my bosses for over 8 months now get into their GoDaddy account. It was set up years ago by a manager who no longer works here, using an email we don't have access to (a business email of the same .com) and they *used a landline for the phone number* so we're locked out there, too.

We've spoken with GoDaddy so, so many times and have initiated the process of submitting all their business licenses, etc to get access but it doesn't go anywhere! Our website hosting company for the business *needs* us to get into GoDaddy to update DNS info but we haven't been able to since last fall.

What can be done for a business owner who is locked out of their GoDaddy account like this?? It seems absurd!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back