Domain Empire

LLLLL.com (5 Letter) Sales and discussion thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GlobalDomainer

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Something is wrong with this world. Crap domains are now premium.

upload_2015-11-15_23-4-19.png

•••
Most of those guys will just keep outbidding you no matter what

•••
Something is wrong with this world. Crap domains are now premium.

Show attachment 19247

Yes, it is very expensive to dropcatch anything significant, the wholesale, and retail prices are very tight

From your pic it looks like the floor on the 4L.net premiums is headed to $300, more than 4L.com's with vowels

•••
what are the better drop catching companies these days.

•••
what is the next buyout:

aacbb
accbb
bbcca

•••
Yes, it is very expensive to dropcatch anything significant, the wholesale, and retail prices are very tight

From your pic it looks like the floor on the 4L.net premiums is headed to $300, more than 4L.com's with vowels

I sold net chip, that I registered for $6 to end user - cement factory 2 month ago.
Now the reseller price seems to be higher than that.

•••
MISTAKE

Last edited:
•••
Hey Shane, looks like what you posted above repeats a few times. Does this mean its way less than 1111?

•••
Hey Shane, looks like what you posted above repeats a few times. Does this mean its way less than 1111?

Let me double check. Sorry if I made a mistake. :(

•••
you made somemistake in posting (repetition?) they are all gone... by the way unbelievable the rate of registration of 5L domains, never seen something like that for such a big number of domains!

•••
Definitely a mistake. Let me redo the list one time.

•••
Only 1,111 (cool number) ABCDD.com's currently available.
Nice, I pasted list into bulk search 10 mins after list was posted and ONE was left gtxrr, of course I registered it.

•••
you made somemistake in posting (repetition?) they are all gone... by the way unbelievable the rate of registration of 5L domains, never seen something like that for such a big number of domains!
Amazing these double premium went before the triple, the 5L buyout is moving very quickly

•••
Why not post the list, they sell out like minutes after posting.

The sooner it is bought out, the sooner the ramp up.

Guys are dropping $5K in seconds, and percentages are decreasing.

You want the Chinese to chase it, not be ahead of it. I doubt some kid can drop $5k to buy a block, but if they choose to sell at $25, someone else needs to sell at $50 to make money, so it fills the gap, and it moves higher.

Honestly 5L buyout seemed unlikely, but it's happening, and sooner than expected.

With a 4L maybe these guys can get 1 domain for $2500, maybe they buy 50 at $50, I don't know how they think, but I see many ename registrations sitting on 5L now.

True. Also my theory is this.

if you notice the recent price spike, all of this has happend on domains which had less than 100$ value a month back. Such as chips .net was 40$, .cc was 10$ and today these are selling at 500$ and 120$ in a matter of two to three weeks. At the same time, the high value domains haven't had such substantial increase in value.

So they are basically buying cheap, adding the value and selling high! If this is correct then it could happen for 5L as well. When the party for 4L .net/.cc and .com is saturated it will move to 5L and so on.

They just want to invest bulk in cheap names and exit after value rises substantially.

•••
Even if someone sells at 20$, the list would typically run out. And gradually prices would go up. What we are seeing with .net, .com are just speculative price rise. If not a planned rise to increase their value.

If it could happen for junk names such as .cc (370% increase) selling at 120$ + in a week, then 5L will have equivalent value.

There will be flood of new investors coming in who would now want to invest in millions. So when the big money comes, these domains will go up once again.

This price run will continue atleast for a year before something big happens for the bubble to burst!
4L.net was dead in the water, they are basically forming a $300 floor today. This thing was shot, and left for dead behind the barn.

if they can do this to the .net, 5L .com can run, I am very disciplined when it comes to purchases, but odds favor the 5L.com

•••
4L.net was dead in the water, they are basically forming a $300 floor today. This thing was shot, and left for dead behind the barn.

if they can do this to the .net, 5L .com can run, I am very disciplined when it comes to purchases, but odds favor the 5L.com

I agree with your odds

•••
Crap for western, but premium for chinese :xf.cool:

Those bidders are on every Pheenix auction daily; it looks 'Odd' to me!!

•••
I was wondering why pheenix auctions on these have been so high. Is the owner of pheenix Chinese? If so, he is probably marketing pheenix heavily to Chinese investors.

•••
•••
what is the next buyout:

aacbb
accbb
bbcca
These double-double patterns must be gone by now.
All 539 domains gone !!! It did not even take 24 hours for the buyout. Crazy.
Was that the last of the double letters? Or are there other patterns (AABCD, ABBCD, ABCCD)?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back