IT.COM

LLLLL.com (5 Letter) Sales and discussion thread

NameSilo
Watch

GlobalDomainer

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I saw some domains sell for close to $100 that ended with cw or pw. The other letters were pretty random. Understanding the Chinese market ain't easy!

•••
•••
already starting selling at SEDO (patterns) and prices are no chip :)

bbbcc.com no reserve price 6h 8m 760 USD No Reserve - Bids 18
ccyyy.com no reserve price10h 55m 510 USD No Reserve - Bids 8
that is not final price auctions are running..and is not 1bid but several each

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
My research says near 191024 domains left and its a 12 hours old data.

Thanks.

•••
191k of chip 5l.coms? No way, more like 1,19M. However, they will be gone in this year.

•••
•••
•••
"So crazy", where, in China, in our heads, or in domaining. I trade domains since 2006. I have never seen anything like this in this business. I am aware this is speculation, I am aware newbies might get wrong picture about domaining, but this is something real at the moment. Moreover, if domains really become commodity, we are witnessing something incredible. This might be a new chance for all, or just speculation:)

For all newbies...speculate with this at your own risk, and read about end user sales and chase for keyword domains for sure profit

•••
•••
•••
i have some in these combo's

cbddd
ccbdd

cbcbc
babab

and looking to add more ;)

•••
•••
i dont think so. I do agree they are not accurate but they are not bullsh*t.

Look at these :

*** 法拉利车队. = fllcd = Ferrari ( Meaning )

Prove: Google
Wikipedia

黄金首饰 = hjssh = Gold jewelry

Prove : Google
Wikipidia
Amazon

Can't say totally bullsh*t after seeing this?

Thanks.

•••

Look at these :

Prove: Google
Wikipedia

Prove : Google
Wikipidia
Amazon

Thanks.

Chinese domainer here
https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...ting-and-dangerous.895296/page-2#post-5136240

Tells that translations have no connection.
Either it is just approximate meaning, or he cheat us out of 5L ))))

•••

Look at these :

Thanks.

法拉利车队 is really "ferrari car team"
黄金首饰 is not really hjssh. This splits the characters into (h,j,s,sh). The last word(sh) becomes a meshup.

•••
But HJ = gold, and SS = jewelry, right? ;)

•••
Chinese domainer here
https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...ting-and-dangerous.895296/page-2#post-5136240

Tells that translations have no connection.
Either it is just approximate meaning, or he cheat us out of 5L ))))
I respect every domainer but just by registering a chinese email and sending spam mail with chinese words doestn't make some one chinese, same way i have hard time swallowing that if some one registers on forum by a chinese name and claims he is chinese i should trust what ever he says.

On the other hand why the hell amazon with a very reputation on the net will list a keyword that is not meaningful at all.

But anyway thats only my bet so i am not here to say you are wrong or
DomainMai is.

Thanks.

•••
•••
But HJ = gold, and SS = jewelry, right? ;)

But we don't know if gold + jewelry = golden jewelry in Chinese you try to apply english grammar rules to chinese phonetical rules.

•••
Anyways, gold is always gold, it can't be silver or other metals...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back