NameSilo

news LLLL.net & LLLL.org Sales Reports And Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Prometheus

Established Member
Impact
I think it is needed to have a discussion thread of 4L.net & 4L.org end-user sales, especially after the buyout of those assets. Since Namebio.com is not able to track all of the transactions (email contact, Afternic, etc.), please feel free to contribute as much as relevant, maybe reporting your own sales.

Here are some sales on namebio:

daka.net, 2999 USD, 2016-04-07, Sedo
cfba.net, 2336 USD, 2016-04-06, BuyDomains
huis.net, 1530 USD, 2016-04-06, DropCatch
euwi.net, 610 USD, 2016-03-31, GoDaddy
agea.net, 424 USD, 2016-03-29, DropCatch
kite.net, 1655 USD, 2016-03-28, NameJet
dibs.net, 849 USD, 2016-03-25, Flippa
vape.net, 9000 USD, 2016-03-24, Sedo
nolo.net, 356 USD, 2016-03-23, GoDaddy
hola.net, 2000 USD, 2016-03-21, NameJet
omtp.org, 1011 USD, 2016-04-12, NameJet
poem.org, 8000 USD, 2016-04-09, NameJet
tcba.org, 1742 USD, 2016-04-06, BuyDomains
treu.org, 3388 USD, 2016-04-05, BuyDomains
onrc.org, 361 USD, 2016-04-05, NameJet
iaid.org, 4140 USD, 2016-04-01, Sedo
humo.org, 3000 USD, 2016-03-30, Sedo
gpwg.org, 810 USD, 2016-03-23, GoDaddy
lcam.org, 1888 USD, 2016-03-17, BuyDomains
caps.org, 9875 USD, 2016-03-13, Grit Brokerage

Please post only confirmed sales.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
nice
thanks! thats a lot of renewal money.. hope u make roi

as faras I know there are no more vowel free westerns left to reg.

are you on that afternic premium network by chance?
cheers

yes, they are all on the premium network. So, I assume, the sale happens when people search via domain availability on GD and partners platform and it shows as available at the price.

•••
gd
cjcrmnorg
is there a limit to the number of domains to be registered? can I register a 100 with this code?

•••
There is no limit with that code.

The 750 LLLL.org I registered are West-Premium w/vowels.
None contain: J, K, Q, V, W, X, Y, Z.

•••
-u cannot be sure to sell at least X per year. cause domaining has no guarantees.
I don't agree with this one. Maybe he will sell more than expected in 2016, but only 1 in 2017. As you said, there is no guarantee. But, we should talk with the terms of statistics since we have thousands of names. Mean is mean in long term.
-it is possible 4l.org with most potential are no longer left for reg. so at this stage of this "game" this could further decrease your sale chances. in other words, u canot assume in your equation that 4l.org available to reg when 90% of all of them were left to reg have same potential of sale as when say 20% of them are left to reg. logically, quality decreases with time in dn regging.
Agreed. But people went after that Chinese trend. I think there are still nice names over there.

Profitibility completely depends on the pricing, as @Federer said, it is a numbers game.

•••
Some sales above $200:

soli.net, 200 USD, 2016-04-27, DropCatch
rrwg.net, 205 USD, 2016-04-25, GoDaddy
yiso.net, 1,200 USD, 2016-04-23, 4.CN
gicu.org, 4,500 USD, 2016-04-28, Sedo
bfcc.org, 525 USD, 2016-04-23, NameJet
cdma.org, 370 USD, 2016-04-21, NameJet

•••
GICU.org interestingly ending up being purchased by a company based in Vietnam.

Is there a tool that can verify which LLLL.org are still available to register?

•••
I may just load up on another 200-300 4L.org
4-6 will sell to end users....

•••
It wasn't a comparison. It was just nice to know that you can aspire to sell it for as much as a one word .org to end users.

yes.. I see.
but you still neends thousands of random 4l.org to manage this. whereas you need only one good one word 4l.org to get good money on it ;)

cheers

•••
If you own at least 800-1500 4L.org (West-Premium), you can expect at least 1%-1.5% sell-through rate if you are BIN-pricing them (helps move more inventory) in the $1500-$5K range.

Within 5 months of building my first 300 4L.org portfolio, I sold 2 for a total of $8,500 ($4250 average).
2 weeks ago, I purchased 1000 more ($5 each). It will now hold and sell them passively.

Random sampling:

slsr.org
tdth.org
tdtl.org
tftg.org
lbmb.org
lclg.org
ldlb.org
mgeu.org
hlam.org
fmer.org
ogdg.org
domr.org
urbr.org
eusp.org
mggu.org
osrp.org
sgon.org
ldlp.org
lfld.org
lflh.org
tgtd.org
tgth.org
nrnl.org
filn.org
flmo.org
tmui.org
fgue.org
pcto.org
lmdo.org
neut.org
umpn.org
midn.org
nsnb.org
ntng.org
pbgb.org
pbhb.org
pbph.org

•••
The Unireg BIN sale lander on my 4L.org was only set up a week ago - so too early to say - but I am certain some sales will be generated via those landers over time.
I only picked up that batch of 900-1000 4L.org (west-premium incl. vowels) a few weeks ago.

I have around 350 without vowels, and 900-1000 with vowels.
But both models work when it comes down to selling to end users. Some very recent LLLL.org sales include:

abar.org - $1,500
gicu.org - $4,500
mvno.org - $3,388
tcba.org - $1,742
treu.org - $3,388
eaas.org - $2,500

Over the past few years, there are actually more 4L.org sales with vowels than there are without.
I would stay clear of most 4L.org with Z, X, K, Q - even J and K (there are always some exceptions). They just do not seem as "end-user friendly" as most of the other letters.

•••
•••
Yes they handle escrow for BIN transactions.

•••
The list pasted earlier in this thread contains many words (English and other languages)- which are not random LLLL.org. Not really good for comparison purposes.

Take note of how few actually sell every year- that list of sales is spread over a decade.

If you reg'd 2000 .orgs, and argue that you will renew, but are asking how to price and sell them... it shows a lack of confidence and issues will pop up. I say this because you are going to need to cover costs already incurred as well as the upcoming renewals in a few months time, which are at full renewal- not at a discounted price of say $3.99 that was used for these reggies (which was actually less than 50% of standard reg price).
A massive price drop between domainers saw a LLLL.org "chip" sell for a mere $5 on NP fairly recently.

When very few people own a large amount vs. a realistic amount (that's taking into account how they have always been domaining before they reg'd these domains); it spells trouble as these individuals would need to carry a hefty cost vs. a cost that they would realistically be able afford.

Now a "buy-out" of so called "llll.org chips" actually holding seems very unrealistic at this point.

•••
I find Sedo a bit more buyer-friendly, offering reasonable commission. Multi language, 10 % commission and euro payment (I live in Germany). If you have a better option in mind, please let me know.

Just wanted to share thoughts. Imagine one of those busy 'time is money' end-users who is visting a common sedo parking page, feeling disrupted from all those ads and who is just leaving then without having noticed that there is a domain for sale. Decisions are usually made by seconds and affected through the very first impression.

•••
I've got a load of CVCV.org's finishing GoDaddy 7 day auction today.
Set the starting price at $50 each and one has a bid on it.

Hoping to sell a few more!

sounds like another type of strategory then no?
keep liting and relisting free 7day gd auctions starting say $30-50 each.. and then make minimal profit on each.. minimal as profit may be here.. I think gd takes $15 min on low value sales like $20-80 or so

•••
Just wanted to share thoughts. Imagine one of those busy 'time is money' end-users who is visting a common sedo parking page, feeling disrupted from all those ads and who is just leaving then without having noticed that there is a domain for sale. Decisions are usually made by seconds and affected through the very first impression.

i fully agree.
endusers are not domainers.
which is why I always say even for ismple things like outbound email sales.. make sure your email is short as possible with basic most crucial info only like domain name + sale price.

I find sedo park pages crowded too. I'd use buynow prices on sedo for my 4l.org.. but not necessarily park there. maybe some like to park there cause if it sells while parked there the commission is less. 15 to 10% I think.

•••
Selling at $50 or $60 does not work and never offsets your investment. If someone is paying more than reseller price, than he is probably an end-user. You can find more un-motivated end-users around $50, but as said, not enough to offset your investment.

•••
prices look a little better on Godaddy tonight for LLLL.net

•••
nice!

no vowels... wechip+chip .. can't find those at regfee no more sadly.

how long did you say it took you to get 10 sales?
6 months. Actually, today I dropped from $985 to $595 and this is the first sale after it. I believe these are giving the best profit / cost value between $595 and $985.

•••
Western letters are doing well. vowels only make sense with a pattern like CVCV or VCVC. And those patterns are already regged 3-4 years ago.

•••
Western letters are doing well. vowels only make sense with a pattern like CVCV or VCVC. And those patterns are already regged 3-4 years ago.

yeah thats what I thought... if one owns a ton of double chips.. .so no qx etc.. and no vowels.. I'm sure with a whole bunch of them.. over a period of one year.. priced well.. there is money to be made.. statistcally speaking

aside from this.. carrying large portofolio of random 4l.org .. is probably a bad idea.. stastistically speaking too...

•••
whats up with 4l.org we+chip
can this last or something?

34635656.JPG

•••
•••
•••
c*u*n*t.net, 2,322 USD, 2016-04-22, NameJet
mvno.org, 3,388 USD, 2016-04-20, BuyDomains

And some of my sales in February and March of 2016:

s*r*n*d (org) $1200
p*h*l*n (org) $600
L*H*P*F (org) $600

from which channel you sold them?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back