Domain Empire

news LLLL.net & LLLL.org Sales Reports And Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Prometheus

Established Member
Impact
I think it is needed to have a discussion thread of 4L.net & 4L.org end-user sales, especially after the buyout of those assets. Since Namebio.com is not able to track all of the transactions (email contact, Afternic, etc.), please feel free to contribute as much as relevant, maybe reporting your own sales.

Here are some sales on namebio:

daka.net, 2999 USD, 2016-04-07, Sedo
cfba.net, 2336 USD, 2016-04-06, BuyDomains
huis.net, 1530 USD, 2016-04-06, DropCatch
euwi.net, 610 USD, 2016-03-31, GoDaddy
agea.net, 424 USD, 2016-03-29, DropCatch
kite.net, 1655 USD, 2016-03-28, NameJet
dibs.net, 849 USD, 2016-03-25, Flippa
vape.net, 9000 USD, 2016-03-24, Sedo
nolo.net, 356 USD, 2016-03-23, GoDaddy
hola.net, 2000 USD, 2016-03-21, NameJet
omtp.org, 1011 USD, 2016-04-12, NameJet
poem.org, 8000 USD, 2016-04-09, NameJet
tcba.org, 1742 USD, 2016-04-06, BuyDomains
treu.org, 3388 USD, 2016-04-05, BuyDomains
onrc.org, 361 USD, 2016-04-05, NameJet
iaid.org, 4140 USD, 2016-04-01, Sedo
humo.org, 3000 USD, 2016-03-30, Sedo
gpwg.org, 810 USD, 2016-03-23, GoDaddy
lcam.org, 1888 USD, 2016-03-17, BuyDomains
caps.org, 9875 USD, 2016-03-13, Grit Brokerage

Please post only confirmed sales.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
c*u*n*t.net, 2,322 USD, 2016-04-22, NameJet
mvno.org, 3,388 USD, 2016-04-20, BuyDomains

And some of my sales in February and March of 2016:

s*r*n*d (org) $1200
p*h*l*n (org) $600
L*H*P*F (org) $600

do u manage to sell some non chips too? tnx

•••
•••
1 Afternic, 2 Email.

Only western letters have good potential. Chinese letters don't work here.

the sales you posted were all also chinese premium
do u also make sales on domains with vowels then? as long as westrern premiums you say?

•••
•••
1000 names with vowels, 3 sales in 3 months.
800 names without vowels, 3 sales in 3 months.

All western letters, all afternic (no forwarding), no other promotion so far.

So they are pretty much the same.

nice
thanks! thats a lot of renewal money.. hope u make roi

as faras I know there are no more vowel free westerns left to reg.

are you on that afternic premium network by chance?
cheers

•••
Yes, they were registration ($4.99) fee.

tnx. thats what I thought. just making sure.

there should be tons of 4l.org left to reg.
no chinese premiums and no western premiums without vowels.. last I checked.
gl

•••
•••
1 Afternic, 2 Email.

1. Parked at AfterNic or bulk forwarded to BIN pages? Or only listed it there?

2. And how do you find potential buyers and in which do you way contact them up via email?
As example, I have a 4L .net acronym which is taken in many extensions and every single domain is developed professionally from different owners -- in such situations I am sometimes confused which strategy I should prefer.

•••
•••
There is no limit with that code.

The 750 LLLL.org I registered are West-Premium w/vowels.
None contain: J, K, Q, V, W, X, Y, Z.

nice
hope u make roi
thanks for sharing
I am quite sure there are no more west prems left without vowels.

cheers

•••
Has anyone sold any 4L.org with W, J, K or X?

Also, not sure if 4L.org with 2 vowels have less brand appeal/probabilities of selling than those without vowels, or with just 1....

•••
These end user sales are encouraging.

I think I am going to buy some more LLLL.org - I really do think it's a numbers game. If you have 1000 4L.org, you are sure to sell at least 10 domains per year, an average of nearly 1 a month (1%). Even 1.5% would be possible with strategic BIN pricing IMO. The average of my 2 end users since Nov 2015 is $4200/sale.

I purchased 350 west-premium 4L.org in Nov '15 (and 200 Chinese types) and have already sold for $8,500 worth. The only issue is the renewal fees..... but just 2-3 solid sales during the year would cover those.
I am sure the more you own, the more will sel.

Not sure if my reasoning is correct....

•••

I think I am going to buy some more LLLL.org - I really do think it's a numbers game. If you have 1000 4L.org, you are sure to sell at least 10 domains per year, an average of nearly 1 a month (1%). Even 1.5% would be possible with strategic BIN pricing IMO. The average of my 2 end users since Nov 2015 is $4200/sale.

I purchased 350 west-premium 4L.org in Nov '15 (and 200 Chinese types) and have already sold for $8,500 worth. The only issue is the renewal fees..... but just 2-3 solid sales during the year would cover those.

the problems I see:

-u cannot be sure to sell at least X per year. cause domaining has no guarantees.

-the more you buy, the more you sell, but also the more renewal u pay. obviously.

-it is possible 4l.org with most potential are no longer left for reg. so at this stage of this "game" this could further decrease your sale chances. in other words, u canot assume in your equation that 4l.org available to reg when 90% of all of them were left to reg have same potential of sale as when say 20% of them are left to reg. logically, quality decreases with time in dn regging.

jmo

•••

Your assumption could be true.. more domains you have more chance to sell.. And it's not only about 4L.org it's true for any other type of liquid. Just only which extension has more potential to sell that could be the reason to choose.

•••
I don't agree with this one. Maybe he will sell more than expected in 2016, but only 1 in 2017. As you said, there is no guarantee. But, we should talk with the terms of statistics since we have thousands of names. Mean is mean in long term.

Agreed. But people went after that Chinese trend. I think there are still nice names over there.

Profitibility completely depends on the pricing, as @Federer said, it is a numbers game.

yes. I agree. it is about an average. so maybe what we cannot yet know for usre due to insufficient date from insufficient #people, is what is average is. u need some serious # data to establish averages that have meaning and reliability.

and yes I agree, a lot went after china trend! whcih is still not all dead btw..

what I tried to say is that imo the fact that all westerns without vowels are gone (last I checked) complicates quality. as those imo sell best.

•••
We have time till November to collect data by sales and measure the profitibililty level of those assets. This way is better than speculation.

•••
If I buy another 200 4-letter .ORG domains and price them all at $2,800 and sell 4 or 5 during the course of the year (as it’s a numbers game with those in most cases), is that ethically a bit wrong? (as the organisations could have picked them up for reg fee had I not purchased them and priced them at BIN)…

•••
Non-profits that cannot afford 2800$ have plenty other options to get another name, typically using 3 letter acronym and one full word.

•••
Nice to know that random LLLLs are selling at almost at the same value as one word LLLLs. Thanks for compiling the sales.

•••
Afternic sales do not appear in namebio. I have already reached to 0.72% in 5 months, having 1100 western chips ($600-$1000 price range). Note that most of my sales do not appear in namebio except a sedo sale.

@bazabizo It would be nice to see the same analysis for LLLL.net. (After November buyout). It seems that orgs selling better than nets.

Last edited:
•••
guys lets cut it short there is an average of 65-70 LLLL.org sales per year that are above $1,000! These are the ones reported by Namebio only, not to mention the rest, we can easily assume a total of 300 per year in total.
These are mostly western Premiums.
Number of total Western Premiums : 160,000
Number of Western Premiums in Sedo and Afternic = 45,000. This is the total available for sale by domainers. Which means a lot of others are either privately sold previously or owned by resellers that are willing to sell passively.
I can assume an average of 0.5% sales per year! So, to get a real profit you should sell your names at 1700+ each to get revenue.

I assumed here that Parking revenue is a plus to all the above, which is something good to consider as well! you can get in average 10-15 uniques per month for each western premium you own. So if you own a 1000 you can get 12,500 uniques in average which is like another $75 parking revenue monthly or $900 annually!
I can make parking my profit and sell teh names at 1700 each, then eventually you get a 50% markup annually.

I wish this humble analysis helps you guys :)

what formula do u use to turn 12k uniques into $75 revenue?

•••
Nice to know that random LLLLs are selling at almost at the same value as one word LLLLs. Thanks for compiling the sales.

sorry but it is not the right kind of comparaison... imo

cause owning idea.org or guys.org is a great sure investment.. whereas to get near the value of those two with random 4l.org u need thousands of them and be good at the numbers game.

it's just two seperate things and categories of dommains/investment.

•••
not a formula based on the average performing traffic. You can expect 500 clicks from these and around 15 cents each click. Its not a very accurate thing approached but generally calculated based on 4% CTR

•••
not a formula based on the average performing traffic. You can expect 500 clicks from these and around 15 cents each click. Its not a very accurate thing approached but generally calculated based on 4% CTR

okay. however by average payouts and your average park company like bodis or parking crew, today, I think you will end up rather far from 75$ with 12k uniques.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back