Dynadot

analysis LLLL.com Prices Have Doubled in 2023

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

clarkemarketing

Top Member
Impact
Wholesale prices of 4L.com domains have increased quickly since the beginning of the year. Auction prices of both premium and non-premium 4L.com are up more than 200% since late last year. In 2022, low end 4L.com were auctioning at NamePros for as little as $80 and at GoDaddy auctions for as little as $95. It's now hard to win one for less than $200. Check out these ShortNames.com charts:

LLLL.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Makes sense. Supply and demand!

•••
They have been abnormally low the last two years. A correction was in order.

•••
I bought one last week for $47.

I agree, it's getting better but random letters, still tough to make decent money on.

•••
I bought one last week for $47.

I agree, it's getting better but random letters, still tough to make decent money on.
I saw user give one away for free on NP a few years back (Sweepstakes)
You buying one for $47 is the same anomaly.
Assuming no #’s, special chars; U a legend!

Last edited:
•••

Lol, saw that too. Insane? Maybe.

Not too long ago a member (cannot recall who) was requesting LLLL at $75 a pop. there was plenty engagement, go figure.

I think it's a buyer's market at the moment. LLLLs are (still/again maybe) undervalued.

•••
Lol, saw that too. Insane? Maybe.

Not too long ago a member (cannot recall who) was requesting LLLL at $75 a pop. there was plenty engagement, go figure.

I think it's a buyer's market at the moment. LLLLs are (still/again maybe) undervalued.
Does age make a difference on 4L .com if let's say it's from 2002 (all 4L .com were not taken until 2006). Would a slightly older one fetch more?

•••

Where did you find one so cheap???? I put two of my worst 4L.com up for auction at GoDaddy earlier this month to test out the new floor price, and they both sold for $221. That's $188 after commission! If anyone is willing to sell me their 4L's for under $150 please send me a PM lol.

Edit: for anyone wondering the two domains were TZGV.com and KHZU.com so even with 3/4 characters being non-premium the price was >$200.

2nd edit: Quoted wrong person, my question was for @branding

Last edited:
•••
Where did you find one so cheap???? I put two of my worst 4L.com up for auction at GoDaddy earlier this month to test out the new floor price, and they both sold for $221. That's $188 after commission! If anyone is willing to sell me their 4L's for under $150 please send me a PM lol.

Edit: for anyone wondering the two domains were TZGV.com and KHZU.com so even with 3/4 characters being non-premium the price was >$200.

Doesnt matter; Trust me; i was thinking the same;

You read my mind!

Last edited:
•••

Scanning the .com zone for LLLL. I have a bot running for that. Then approach the owner directly :). Gotta admit though, this one was exceptionally cheap. I haven't bought that many this year. It was easier (and cheaper) last year.

Fwiw, I think $200 for khzu isn't that bad of a deal.

•••
Scanning the .com zone for LLLL. I have a bot running for that. Then approach the owner directly :). Gotta admit though, this one was exceptionally cheap. I haven't bought that many this year. It was easier (and cheaper) last year.

Fwiw, I think $200 for khzu isn't that bad of a deal.
I like you. I like you a lot. You’re my people.

I never got around to downloading the .com zone file, file’s too dam large! Thank you so much for sharing. Wish you nothing, but success!

Last edited:
•••
I been accumulating pronounceable / meaningful 4L since 2016. It's my most favorite niche. I sold plenty of 4L for staggering ROI. I shared many times on social media that 4L pronounceable / meaningful are the most underrated liquid asset class. If our selection is correct it will always appreciate over time. The gap between below average 4L and pronounceable / meaningful becomes bigger & bigger over time. Earlier nice CVCV used to sell for $XXXX to low $XXXXX figure. Now decent good meaningful pronounceable / meaningful 4L being sold in auction for $XXXX & decent good 4L being sold for $XXXXX range.

Let's look some of 4L being sold for $XXXX in auction just in May 2023. Such names used to sold for $XXX range in past unless they are popular terms. It's been happening since last couple years. What we observe now becomes little obvious otherwise it's been that way since couple years or more. The kind of inquiries I am getting regularly on some of my Top tier premium 4L is amazing.

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 7.30.37 PM.png

•••
There are some 4Ls that should be just a reg free and a decent brandable name has better chance of making an end user sale.

But, it is what it is and all 4Ls have the status of "liquid names" since 2007 and someone is willing to hold the bag for high $xx to low $xxx.

I own over 400 4L domains, but I have been selectively picking them up for over years. The list includes names like elix, tekh, belg, akur, tuth, dobb, adei, jaiy, rioo, jehu, danl, siet, dviz, acoi, teip, pfan, kuar, miez, egzo, eexo, eeqo, toht, euvo, ouxa, judj, axot, yumh, qend, qihq, pozh, uund, pusp, nuvr, unvr, elvr, uldy, yxar and many others.

•••
There are some 4Ls that should be just a reg free and a decent brandable name has better chance of making an end user sale.

But, it is what it is and all 4Ls have the status of "liquid names" since 2007 and someone is willing to hold the bag for high $xx to low $xxx.

I own over 400 4L domains, but I have been selectively picking them up for over years. The list includes names like elix, tekh, belg, akur, tuth, dobb, adei, jaiy, rioo, jehu, danl, siet, dviz, acoi, teip, pfan, kuar, miez, egzo, eexo, eeqo, toht, euvo, ouxa, judj, axot, yumh, qend, qihq, pozh, uund, pusp, nuvr, unvr, elvr, uldy, yxar and many others.

I learned & learning how to pick good 4L by dissecting various ways from few friends including dear friend @Recons.Com

•••
I learned & learning how to pick good 4L by dissecting various ways from few friends including dear friend @Recons.Com

You are blessed with an amazing skill to dive into any field and segment, become an expert fast and actually act on it. Always happy to read the success stories you share.

Last edited:
•••
4L.com is good investment consider it as digital asset on internet.

•••
I acquired two as an experiment :

UZVS dot com

AND

KQNV dot com

thought I was getting them at bargain prices

( between $100 and $400 )

tried to sell them, list them, auction them

ShortNamesSS.png

( from the looks of the data above, it looks like we are trying to pump 5L )

Seriously Gentlemen, if you want to run a "Pump & Dump",

more fun can be had in Penny Stocks

http://shortnames.com

Short Names dot com is a very good resource

my two names had the lowest BIN prices

for quite some time - no interest...

$88 @ GODaddy Auctions

then $55 then $50

( lowest poss )

they sold.

Draw Your Own Conclusions

And Have A Nice Day !

EDIT :

I like Lottery dot com, a cross between Domain Names and Penny Stocks

see posts in this thread

Cheers !

Last edited:
•••
see posts in this thread - BETTER LINK

EDIT :

It should be duly noted that Insiders control over 55% of the stock,

so this is in NO WAY a Control Play, FWIW...

SECOND EDIT :

I was seriously considering building a position in LLLL dot coms

but the premise that they were the new Liquid Chips

valid though it may be, then try to acquire

and you are moving the price up........

I no longer a bag holder will be.

Cheers !

Last edited:
•••
My Bad

I just got done checking my records at GODaddy Auctions

and it seems that my memory was NOT serving me correctly :

UZVS dot com - had a BIN of $88 for a very short time and then sold @ $88

KQNV dot com - was in a seven day auction and received eight bids - sold @ $95

( this was STILL Fire Sale pricing - I received substantially LESS than what I paid for these )

It was my 5N Domain, 41879 dot com, that was BIN for longest time @ $88, and sold for $50 BIN.

My Apologies.

Cheers !

Last edited:
•••
STILL BUYING THEM FOR 150 ,NEVER SAW 75 SO WHERES THE DOUBLE

•••
If the NP buyers requests forum section can be used as an indicator, its more like they halved than doubled...

•••
If the NP buyers requests forum section can be used as an indicator, its more like they halved than doubled...
Hi

if you used that as an indicator, then you won't get much profit, if any, on resale.

i've had member tell me they were an expert in 4 L.com and that my names had non premium letters -
yet, they wanted to buy them

from domainers, i read it all the time. they repeat what others post....so they start to believe it must be true.

it's all about the placement of each, within.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
I was seriously considering building a position in LLLL dot coms

Good choice,

4L.com total supply 456,976 for all world.

it has solid use-case

has been around more than 30 years

4L combination can be meaningful for the right end user

High chance of getting 5-10x ROI

Domainers love 4L.com

•••
I been accumulating pronounceable / meaningful 4L since 2016. It's my most favorite niche. I sold plenty of 4L for staggering ROI. I shared many times on social media that 4L pronounceable / meaningful are the most underrated liquid asset class.

I'm always a little confused by 'pronounceable.'

I own TBYX.com

I had somebody once offer me a not-so-great deal and told me during our discussions that he wanted to pronounce it like "Tibbix" ... His offer was too low and I declined. I had never really thought of TBYX as pronounceable until that offer.

Would you would label it as -- pronounceable?

•••
can anyone remind me what are the premium letters?

Thank you in advance

Cheers
Corey

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back