IT.COM

.tv LLL.tv Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
These recent sales are leading me to believe that LLL.tv will follow the trend of other short domains starting to have liquid value. Obviously it's going to take a few more weeks of this before it's a sustained trend, but still something to watch...

kxw.tv 274 USD 2015-10-16 Pheenix
lxw.tv 239 USD 2015-10-16 Pheenix
qqw.tv 229 USD 2015-10-16 Pheenix
bxw.tv 139 USD 2015-10-16 Pheenix

zhg.tv 100 USD 2015-10-06 NameJet
xyd.tv 124 USD 2015-09-29 Pheenix

I followed a few last week, as well, that went $88-ish on Dynadot.

Thoughts?

Also, is there any reason why 4 ending in "w" were all backordered? Does that have some sort of meaning? I saw the bidders for the Pheenix auctions and they were the same people bidding for other Chinese premium domains.

Bobby

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Today:

zcb.tv 169 USD 2015-10-19 Pheenix

Also, Chinese related, but not LLL.tv:

yinchuan.tv 115 USD 2015-10-18 Pheenix

•••
I don't understand. why .tv?

•••
I don't understand. why .tv?

Looking at 4.cn on namebio, i see...
.biz
.us
.so (some LLLL.so sales. Yes, SOMALIA!)
.ht
.cc
.org
.la

If you look at the 4.cn BIN page you see even more extensions: https://www.4.cn/buynow/sold

I think it was just a matter of moving onto the next best available cheap, short names.

•••
i listed my LLL.tv on namepros no interest at all

•••
namepros is the wrong place for 3L.tv atm. List it on diff site someone would come for offers.

•••
zcn.tv 299 USD 2015-10-20 Pheenix (under privacy can't see who won it)

Damn $299 now?

Also, 2 letters are as hot as ever and surprise NNNN and LLLL patterns.

aiai.tv 401 USD 2015-10-21 NameJet
9889.tv 267 USD 2015-10-21 Pheenix
jt.tv 6,100 USD 2015-10-19 NameJet
ho.tv 4,800 USD 2015-10-19 NameJet
ax.tv 3,500 USD 2015-10-19 NameJet

•••
name jet yet not on Godaddy

•••
•••
I don't get it, why aren't 3 letter dot tv's worth more money? Why are there still 99 LLL.tv still not registered? this seems so odd.

•••
renewal price don't help.

•••
yyk.tv 259 USD 2015-10-27 Pheenix
xxn.tv 109 USD 2015-10-27 Pheenix

A few we missed from last week.

•••
Even had a lowball offer for me titdottv on GD lol

•••
I don't get it, why aren't 3 letter dot tv's worth more money? Why are there still 99 LLL.tv still not registered? this seems so odd.
I'd be interested to see the list, if available.

•••
Does anyone ever see LLL.TV (3 letter dot tv domains) reaching the $10K or $30k mark in the next 5 to 10 years?

•••
10k to 30k is a lot my friend i don't think that high…maybe $1500-2k

•••
There is a lot of speculation amongst the domaining community for LLL and numeric domains. I get that sometimes a two or three-letter domain can be a much shorter way to describe a longer phrase. For example,

FLB - Fort Lauderdale Beach
WPB - West Palm Beach
NYC - New York City
SA - San Antonio
LA - Los Angeles
RE - real estate
DN - domain names

However, with all the new TLD launches the last couple years we are seeing the registration of domain names grow exponentially while end user demand has not changed much. End users with $50 budgets just have more options when the .COM they want is well above their budget. That does not mean they are going to spend $XXXX or more on remote TLD options. We now have too many competing extensions which commoditizes them all.

I am not Chinese but I cannot understand what type of business would be launched on a 46932501.xyz domain and why any investor would register hundreds of such domains when those resources could be used to acquire more meaningful and memorable keywords.

•••
If one year ago someone have told us that PLKX dot com domain type would have reached 2-2.5K in everyone would have thought he was crazy.
This just to say that everything is possible with chinese buyers but, at the same time 10K floor price for a random LLL.tv is something that will hardly, hardly, hardly happen

•••
Has anyone calculated the price growth of three letter dot tv domains?

I'm trying to figure out what I could expect to make in 10, 15, or 20 years if I hold on to a big basket of 3 letter dot tv domains.

Any advice or thoughts?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back