Dynadot

LLL.IN DROPPING LIST SCANNER

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
LLL.IN DROP SCANNER.
Previously there were many threads discussing dropping lll.in
Nowadays there are no list of new dropping lll.in from any user.why is it so.
Are no lll.in dropping???
If yes how to search those dropping names.
If anyone regularly scans lll.in drops.plse update lists here.
Thanks in advance..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.in registrars arent allowed to engage in dropcatching :)

They aren't, but they do anyways..lol. Who's gonna be the one to report Mitsu to NIXI? :x

•••
They aren't, but they do anyways..lol. Who's gonna be the one to report Mitsu to NIXI? :x

NIXI is aware of everything :)

•••
I wonder where one can read that .in registrars aren't allowed to dropcatch domains?

Also wondering, they aren't allowed to dropcatch domains for themselves or for clients or both?

Last edited:
•••
I wonder where one can read that Indian registrars aren't allowed to dropcatch domains?

Also wondering, they aren't allowed to dropcatch domains for themselves or for clients or both?

www.registry.in i your best source.

Per the information I have, NIXI prohibits Registrars from engaging in domain name auctioning/selling and dropcatching.

•••
That is actually very interesting and important moment, regarding auctioning/selling/dropcatching .in domains by .in registrars. I heard something like that before, of course, I mean
NIXI prohibits Registrars from engaging in domain name auctioning/selling and dropcatching
but didn't see any official papers/statements. Did anyone see that among .in policies? Just want to see what is official point of view expressed in official papers.

•••
Found this:

Registry Advisory LA 01: Sales of .IN Names by Registrars

Advisory No. LA 01

15th FEBRUARY 2005

Advisory to the Registrars against any sort of hoarding, auctioning or selling of the .IN domains at prices higher than they usually charge from their

customers

The .IN Accredited Registrars have been appointed to market and sell the .IN domain names to the public at large. Because of their critical role in the registration of .IN domain names the Registrars are at an undue advantage to register the generic and other popular domains available under the .IN and auction them or sell them at prices higher than the usual price they charge for the domain names. In the public interest it has been decided that any kind of hoarding, auctioning or selling of the .IN domain names at a higher price than they are regularly charging by the Registrars should be discouraged and penalized.

The Registrars are advised through this advisory to desist, at all times, from involving themselves, or through their re-sellers, in any way in the squatting, grabbing, hoarding, auctioning or selling of the .IN domain names at a higher price than they are regularly charging from the public. Any such involvement of the Registrar will lead to termination of Accreditation, financial penalty and any other legal action as provided under the laws of India.

•••
So this means that .in registrars and affiliated with them structures aren't allowed to be involved in dropcatching. So they can't keep domains for themselves, nor they can charge more than regular registration fee, i.e they can't offer dropcatching services. But from this it follows that ordinary people can use registrars APIs to dropcatch domains for themselves, as they pay ordinary fee in case of successful catching.

•••
But from this it follows that ordinary people can use registrars APIs to dropcatch domains for themselves, as they pay ordinary fee in case of successful catching.

Still not allowed, as Registry doesnt allow more than certain number of hits to its API.

•••
Yes, but it is looks more as defensive measure against abusive connections. The number of connections is limited, but *everyone* is allowed to make connections within registrar's limit.

•••
Here's a link to the Terms and Conditions for registrars which you guys might find helpful. I got them after contacting NIXI myself about becoming a registrar.
https://registry.in/system/files/Terms_and_Conditions_for_Registrants_1.pdf

They won't release the exact limits for each command, but I can guess they are similar to the other registries I've worked with in the past. Considering the drop period for IN domains is so short the limits don't really mean much aside from the total number of connections available for all registrars as a whole per second (usually in the low-mid hundreds)

What Soofi said is exactly what I've heard in the past as well, that registrars are not allowed to drop catch and/or resell names themselves. Keep in mind, if you're a registrar then you aren't using an API, you're using the EPP (extensive provisioning protocol) to send your requests. It's similar to what an API might look like, but requires a different kind of connection and not just a web request with some parameters in it.

I guess if Mitsu does it and gets away with it then NIXI must not care too much. I'll do the EPP stuff if someone else wants to get the registrar(s) setup, lol :)

•••
Thanks for the enlightening discussion
Seems some other registrars have jumped into the bandwagon
Bruwink seems to have caught a few LLL.in when many dropped a few days back

Can anyone tell which registrar API is best to catch dropping .in for the average Joe?
Dynadot just doesn't seem to work when I tried
All requests met with "System Busy" messages

•••
Can anyone tell which registrar API is best to catch dropping .in for the average Joe?
none, for average joe its possible only when thr are no requests from registrars. So ask every registrar to stop for few days and then try it ?

•••
none, for average joe its possible only when thr are no requests from registrars. So ask every registrar to stop for few days and then try it ?

How much it costs to launch a registrar?
Assuming the finances are there, is it technically easy to become a registar?

•••
Guys, sorry to badge in. What's the best tool to filter to get premium or good enough .com domains that are expiring so I can backorder them? I mean pending delete not already deleted.
I know tools like domcop.com, but are there other ways?

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back