Dynadot

LLL - Good investment?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pros

Account Closed
Impact
prices for lll .us are growing up, prices for lll .biz - .... no.... why?
LLL .net now easily go for $600-700 or more, but what will be throught one-two year?
LLL .com --- the same situation

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it is because .biz is not recognised like .net or .com as one of our better extensions. It is like .name, would you buy kcr.name?

•••
lll.info also grows up.

•••
iam also seeing a rise in offers on my LLL.in and .co.in so thats good news.. yes i have always found it odd why the .biz extension has never done well. Being a businessman myself i snapped at it on the day of release for my business and so did many others.. Yet since then its become a very stagnent extension. It will pick up in a few years when every other possibility has gone via other extensions it will force the value of .biz to rise.

•••
There are some .biz lovers here but the majority are NOT .biz lovers.

The majority of resellers in this market are currently pumping .us, etc, as they see more potential for growth there.
Demand rules and the majority rules.
Meanwhile, .biz has been left in the shade to stagnate a bit....

Now, on the positive side we are now getting to a situation where the difference is getting larger to make people sit up and take notice.
Threads such as this raise awareness that .biz appears to be a bargain.
This is a massive factor is how the other TLDs are pumped up by resellers.
So, it is probably only a matter of time before .biz faces an upward correction.

I personally see a reasonable rise, as more people jump on the cheaper and attractive entry point for lll.biz, for next year BUT in monetary terms this is not as good a rise as I, and obviously the majority, see for some other TLDs.
The majority of money will still go into the .us, info and new TLDs.

I cant see .biz being other than the poorest performing member of the domaining Global TLD world overall BUT it doesnt mean its not worth investing in.
You can get quite a few names for a reasonable cost and, as I said, there will a rise forthcoming.

I hope they go up.. Got loads of the little monkeys.... :alien:

Last edited:
•••
I agree with the above.
I think LLL domains are a good investment, at least in the large/established TLD zones. Even LLL.biz names are worth investing but they are underperforming and will continue to appreciate at a slower pace IMO.
The reason is that .biz does not enjoy the same recognition and acceptance as other TLDs.

•••
Are LLL domains a good investment?

Great question...It would be hard to argue they will not continue to be powerful investments in the future.

LLL domains in the top extensions have been power performers for the last 5 years, realizing year over year value growth of almost 100% a year (on the wholesale market). End user sales are increasingly common in the $xx,xxx to $xxx,xxx and even $x,xxx,xxx realms.

As a wise domainer once said to me several years ago, one of the best things LLL domains have going for them is the very fact that "they don't make any more of them." His implication is that there are indeed only 17,576 LLL combos possible per extension, and none more can be made. This then limits the supply, so demand now is the driving force in the LLL marketplace.

Two comparisons hold great weight in regards to LLL domains: the comparison to the stock market and the comparison to the real estate market.

LLL domains do work like stocks in that there are a finite number of "shares," for which all have possible dividends (earnings such as ppc) and can be sold easily in the wholesale marketplace. End-user purchases would represent a buy-out of a particular set of shares.

On the real estate side, LLL domains are limited just as land is limited. As a population (of businesses, individuals and governments) grows, the desire for property to meet their needs grows, but the property itself is limited. Fixed property and higher demand yields higher prices, especially for premium land, but even also for lesser than prime land. This land can be held in the mean-time by speculators who can use it to earn income (a nice bonus).

So what do both of these models say about the futuer of LLL domaining? The key to LLL growth remains internet demand. As demand grows (as more and more individuals, businesses and other entities desire prime internet addresses that are memorable, easy to brand and well fit for their business purposes, ie meets their business acronym needs, to reach an ever growing internet audience) then the prices will likely continue to grow. Supply is limited to the 17,576 combos, but supply is actually decreasing slowly, as more and more end-users attain LLL domains from the available saleable supply.

Thus, as supply dwindles and demand grows, prices most always increase. I can admit there are more factors at play than just economic ones, but many investors are beginning to view the current LLL landscape as a prime investment space that is currently undervalued (even with the recent strong price growth of the last few years). It would be hard to imagine, in my humble opinion, any investor in LLL domains in the top extensions regretting their ownership of these domains in the coming years down the road.

Great topic,
:) zesty

•••
JBebbington said:
I think it is because .biz is not recognised like .net or .com as one of our better extensions. It is like .name, would you buy kcr.name?

.BIZ and .NAME are not in the same league.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back