IT.COM

question Listing in EUROS or DOLLARS. Any sales difference ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

I am from Europe and working all the time in Euros.
The configurations I have in the domain marketplaces I always try to keep in Euros, especially on the subject of payments and conversions rates.

Some marketplaces (Sedo, Dan...) leave the price in euros so the potential buyer will see it in that currency.
Do you think that listing domains in euros can be a negative point when selling?
All sales reports are mostly in dollars.

Have any of you had positive changes leaving everything in dollars or do you think it has no impact at all?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good morning Y'all'

By proxy, I've become Americanized. I think in $Dollars and dream in $Dollars. My purchases are with an American company and generally the domaining industry is driven by all things $Dollar.

On NP everything is quoted as $Dollars and this is the same with purchase requests and sales reports.

Nearly everything that I see or hear about domaining is in $Dollars.

Sometimes, resistance is futile so go get your Howdy Ma'am and saddle up your horse...YEEHA

Have a nice day Y'all

Redd

•••
My microstrategy is $$ and my macrostrategy is € based. However, whenever I can I put the most familiar currency. E.g. For an English city related domain I prefer £ for its price.

Last edited:
•••
My last sale was in sterling to a Dutch company

I use sterling on DAN and have no choice on Afternic 😕

Use whatever is easiest for you - they either want the domain or not, currency should not play a big part in any transaction - They can buy in dollars on Afternic's network or use Sedo or DAN for Euro's........

Last edited:
•••
My last sale was in sterling to a Dutch company

I use sterling on DAN and have no choice on Afternic 😕

Use whatever is easiest for you - they either want the domain or not, currency should not play a big part in any transaction - They can buy in dollars on Afternic's network or use Sedo or DAN for Euro's........
I asked the same question as the poster (though I didn’t t get replies on my post), and I do the same as you… pounds sterling on Dan, usd on afternic
I’m in Australia, but also have a uk bank account.

•••
Imo the best thing is listing in the currency of your potential end users whenever possible.

•••
I asked the same question as the poster (though I didn’t t get replies on my post), and I do the same as you… pounds sterling on Dan, usd on afternic
I’m in Australia, but also have a uk bank account.
I hate Afternic but better to be in bed with the devil than not for the exposure - I deliberately overprice my domains on there because of the commission and currency exchange, hoping they check the URL and end up at DAN and they can make on offer in Sterling......

Would like to try an experiment and remove all domains from Afternic and see what happens.....Got a very low xx,xxx on DAN 2 weeks ago and that domain was not listed on Afternic..... shows if the domain is strong potential buyers will find a way to get in touch

Maybe Afternic is not the be all and end all - with the Godaddy Acquisition of DAN changes are afoot so probably won't try it for now.....

•••
No, I don't think it penalises sales at all.
If I had the option I would always have prices expressed in both currencies.

•••
I hate Afternic but better to be in bed with the devil than not for the exposure - I deliberately overprice my domains on there because of the commission and currency exchange, hoping they check the URL and end up at DAN and they can make on offer in Sterling......

Would like to try an experiment and remove all domains from Afternic and see what happens.....Got a very low xx,xxx on DAN 2 weeks ago and that domain was not listed on Afternic..... shows if the domain is strong potential buyers will find a way to get in touch

Maybe Afternic is not the be all and end all - with the Godaddy Acquisition of DAN changes are afoot so probably won't try it for now.....
I started listing my domains for sale on Dan, afternic, sedo, a couple on brandpa and 1 on squadhelp. I am currently adding them to my website and have mentioned them in socials.
Not sold anything yet.
May be the quality of my domains, may be the prices, who knows. But I don’t want to put off buyers with the currency.

•••
If anyone is really interested in your domain, it doesn't matter what currency you set.

•••
Thanks for all replies.
I will try to do a test by leaving some months the portfolio in dollars in order to have a some statistics.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back