Dynadot

Listing Domains for Sale on Multiple Sites

NameSilo
Watch
Is this common practice? Can I have my domains listed at let's say at all GoDaddy and Sedo and other places simultaneously.

If you do this I imagine you don't have a buy it now option at more than one place.

Do you all list at more than one place?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You need to read the TOS for all the programs.

If you are going to offer a domain for sale in multiple sites, you had better not to post them with fixed / buy it now prices. Doing so may be problematic later, if two different buyers initiate transactions at different sites. If you are offering a domain in multiple sites, you should choose the make an offer option. That will prevent that potential conflict in the long run

•••
Don't submit your domain in multiple site, you could lock in tragedy sometime. So its good to list domains in single domain company and get parked by same company example like sedo. But you are not limit to create a/c in multiple forum, be the member of various forum and advertise your listed domains, it make sense. Promotion of listed domains brings you the good sale.

•••
It is a common practice

You can definitely submit the same domain to both Sedo and Godaddy, as long as you don't use the "buy now" option in Godaddy AND the fixed price option in Sedo.

•••
Don't submit your domain in multiple site, you could lock in tragedy sometime. So its good to list domains in single domain company and get parked by same company example like sedo. But you are not limit to create a/c in multiple forum, be the member of various forum and advertise your listed domains, it make sense. Promotion of listed domains brings you the good sale.

Although I'm new to the domain name game, I don't agree with what ajmalhuzz posted. The reason I would list with marketplace services like Sedo is so that they can bring me the buyer. If I actively promote my domain name on forums using my Sedo marketplace listing, then I will need to give Sedo 10% of the sale when *I* sell the domain name. That's like giving money away. You wouldn't list an item on Ebay then spend your time or money placing ads somewhere else to get buyers over to your eBay listing, would you? Sedo is great, but they're here to bring me buyers - not the other way around.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back