Domain Empire

List of newly registered domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is there a daily list of newly registered domains published anywhere?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have never come across published list of newly registered domains, but I have an idea on how to create one. All the big registries allow users to signup to download their zone files once per day. You can download the zone file today and again tomorrow, then you can compare them to find the list of domains that are in today’s zone file that weren't there yesterday. That should give you a list of newly registered domains.

Be warned. The .com zone file is over 2GB uncompressed. This is definitely a job for a powerful Linux machine. It's probably possible in Windows, but you would have to download programs, where as with Linux, you can use all built-in commands.

Hope this helps.

•••
That's way more work that I want to do, but thanks. :)

That might be an interesting tool/project for somebody to do. A site with such a list would probably generate some traffic too.

•••
Deleted Domains has a daily list that tells you if it was dropped or a new registration. Not sure if you have to be a member first or not to see it.
https://www.deleteddomains.com/

•••
Yeah, there is a deleted domains list but currently, no new domains list, why do you want one anyways?

•••
I thought it would just be interesting to see what people are registering... typos, new TLDs, domains related to current news, etc... I obviously have way too much time. :)

•••
yeah i think that would be a lot lot of work

•••
If you register with http://www.whois.sc/mark-alert/ you can enter a keyword and it will email you each day on every domain registered with that keyword. Eg. if you enter 'home' it will email you all names registered with the letters 'home' in it.

Only one keyword can be monitored for free. I think you can get more if you pay (or of course you can register under more than one email address if you don't want to pay but that is more hassle !).

S.

•••
Deleted Domains does have the list you are asking for, under Today's Registration. They've had a lot of technical problems as of late, so I won't go as far as to recommend them, but when it works, it does do what you want, but they are pay.

•••
•••
Cool! Thanks for researching my question for so long. :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back