IT.COM

opinion Linkedin outbound

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bohdan

Top Member
Impact
Hi to all.
Time to time I'm doing some outbound at LinkedIn. And I found one embarrassment. After successful connection with possible end-users, they never reply. Maybe they just confirm connection and ignore what I'm offering?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have 19yo MarketingXXXXXXX.com and XXXXXXXMarketing.com where XXXXXXX is a country name. I got both names off closeouts. They used to be parked and not listed on any domain marketplace. I am currently approaching marketing agencies in that country on LinkedIn and through e-mail outbound. It is gonna be my first name (or in this case it is couple of names) that I'm going to be aggressive on the outbound.

For now, I am sending custom connection requests that include a small text which explains that both domains are for sale. Send around 20 connection requests, 5 accepted but didn't reply while 1 replied asking for the price but didn't accept the invitation. Will not send a price before I finish sending the invitations to ALL established marketing agencies in that country.

I think this process is gonna take a while but will bring a result, hopefully. Let's see how it goes.

You can always include him the price if that person ins't even accepted your connection request. Some people at LinkedIn will choose carefully who they accept tot their network.

I have couple of similar situations and both of them ended for sale. I don't usually share my sales here at NamePros, since most of the buyers want's to write down NDA agreement and I want to focus on my own "business".

I would advice you to quote a price to that person who ask'd it.

•••
ld advice you to quote a price to that person who ask'd it.

I thought I'd wait till I know how many agencies are interested in the names. This way I'd know how strong my position is before quoting a price. Also, I have no idea how much should I price it. No similar previous sales that I can find. Unless someone here knows of a similar sale.

•••
I use my own personal account to do outbound.

Well, I'll track my emails and the succeed % is quite similar between LinkedIn and email. But so far I have made more sales via email.

Of course LinkedIn is much more easier place to chat with potential buyers if they are really active at LinkedIn, but email is more professional way in my opinion.

Do you also use personal accounts for email outbound?

•••
when i try to send invite it says "they are out of my network"

•••
when i try to send invite it says "they are out of my network"
i think that's something to do with the privacy setting that the person you're trying to set an invite to has set up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back