Dynadot

opinion Linkedin outbound

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bohdan

Top Member
Impact
Hi to all.
Time to time I'm doing some outbound at LinkedIn. And I found one embarrassment. After successful connection with possible end-users, they never reply. Maybe they just confirm connection and ignore what I'm offering?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You guys paying for this or just doing it inside the account for free?
Free, you can upgrade but only found it a little useful and they will give you a free trial which I cancelled when payment became due.

•••
Have you ever responsed to "thanks, but no"-messages?

•••
•••
If anyone knows anyone good with linkedin outbounding who can help me with domain sales for crypto or cannabis id be itnerested!

•••
Hi to all.
Time to time I'm doing some outbound at LinkedIn. And I found one embarrassment. After successful connection with possible end-users, they never reply. Maybe they just confirm connection and ignore what I'm offering?

Try with Linkedin Groups. Can be very useful.

For example, If you have domain about medical devices, type into Linkedin Search "medical devices", then click on "More" (menu below), then "Groups" on drop down menu. Choose group with the best connection with your domain and request to join. When (if) your request is approved, you can send your post, and every member of group can read it. No need to be premium member for this.

EDIT: As a regular member, you can send the personal massage only to connected people. Premium members can sent certain number personal massages on monthy basis (don't know how many).

Last edited:
•••
Try with Linkedin Groups. Can be very useful.

For example, If you have domain about medical devices, type into Linkedin Search "medical devices", then click on "More" (menu below), then "Groups" on drop down menu. Choose group with the best connection with your domain and request to join. When (if) your request is approved, you can send your post, and every member of group can read it. No need to be premium member for this.

EDIT: As a regular member, you can send the personal massage only to connected people. Premium members can sent certain number personal massages on monthy basis (don't know how many).

I am able to send PMs to unconnected people as a regular member. How so?

•••
I am able to send PMs to unconnected people as a regular member. How so?

I don't know. I can't send it. When I try to do it, Linkedin Premium plans appear.
Maybe duration of membership matters.

•••
I don't know. I can't send it. When I try to do it, Linkedin Premium plans appear.
Maybe duration of membership matters.
No more spam please.

•••
•••
•••
How do they identify the people who actually own the business ???

•••
•••
•••
So domain spam is becoming prevalent on Linkedin. It means too many people are already doing it.
PS: I don't use Linkedin so I have no idea.

•••
So domain spam is becoming prevalent on Linkedin. It means too many people are already doing it.
I rarely use Linkedin, not a big fan of it anyway.

•••
Here is one example.

I find a potential company who could benefit from my domain name. I search people and try to find people who are responsible for "leadership" (CEO's, founders, managers etc.) in that company. If they don't have any leadership persons in LinkedIn, I'll try to find information about them at Google and contact them via email.

So, I'll sent a connection request to example Founder of X company. I'll include this message with connection request:

Hello xxxxx, I'm contacting you because I have xxxxxxx domain name for sale.

Regards,
Sami Ketolainen.

When the founder accept's my request, I send a message where I tell more about that domain name, how they can benefit from that domain name and how it can be used. There is not one right way to make a perfect sales pitch - You have to find information about the people and company who you contact so you have information about them and you can create really personal sales pitch and of course the sales pitch message doesn't look like copy and paste work.

HI Sami,
I think your intro can be a little more catchy.. make it so you get a reply guaranteed.

•••

What do you suggest for outbound sales for your domain. I haven't had luck with Linkedin, Twitter or even emails!
What else to do??

•••
What do you suggest for outbound sales for your domain. I haven't had luck with Linkedin, Twitter or even emails!
What else to do??

Then there is one solution:

Get better names.

•••
Here is my example for the follow-up message when I notice that someone has accepted my request:

Hello (Name of the person).

The reason why I did contact you straight was that I'm offering domain name xxxxxx (dot) com to your company.

I checked out information about your company and noticed that your company is offering xxxxxxxx services and this domain name fit's perfectly to your services which you are offering. (Write down here advantages what the potential buyer would get if they acquire the domain name).

I always keep my messages pretty short, there is no need to write down a 5 page long story about the domain name, just useful facts. If the name is good, I'm 99% sure you will get responses to your messages!

How does one talk about advantage, since search traffic doesn't really matter anymore and type-ins are usually nonexistent?

•••
How does one talk about advantage, since search traffic doesn't really matter anymore and type-ins are usually nonexistent?

If their current domain is example EastFloridaBusinessBrokers dot com and I offer them a domain name BusinessBrokers dot com, I'm 100% sure they will get advantage from that name.

It seems like you didn't get my point.

•••
If their current domain is example EastFloridaBusinessBrokers dot com and I offer them a domain name BusinessBrokers dot com, I'm 100% sure they will get advantage from that name.

It seems like you didn't get my point.
I just thought that maybe there's more than just that

•••
I just thought that maybe there's more than just that

Of course it's good if you have some detailed information that the domain name has QUALITY backlinks etc since the weaker backlinks doesn't bring any value to your domain name.

But usually, the end-user knows what they are looking for. If the name sounds great and is what they are looking for, they are gonna probably purchase it and work to get the domain name to top rankings at search engines.

•••
When I view a company at linkedin, the members are blanked out and unclickable. Do I need to have connections and a developed profile to be able to click on them?

•••
When I view a company at linkedin, the members are blanked out and unclickable. Do I need to have connections and a developed profile to be able to click on them?

You need to grow your connections. This way you will be able to view their connections and so on.

•••
I have 19yo MarketingXXXXXXX.com and XXXXXXXMarketing.com where XXXXXXX is a country name. I got both names off closeouts. They used to be parked and not listed on any domain marketplace. I am currently approaching marketing agencies in that country on LinkedIn and through e-mail outbound. It is gonna be my first name (or in this case it is couple of names) that I'm going to be aggressive on the outbound.

For now, I am sending custom connection requests that include a small text which explains that both domains are for sale. Send around 20 connection requests, 5 accepted but didn't reply while 1 replied asking for the price but didn't accept the invitation. Will not send a price before I finish sending the invitations to ALL established marketing agencies in that country.

I think this process is gonna take a while but will bring a result, hopefully. Let's see how it goes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back