IT.COM

Link Building

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi guys,

I am new in the field of seo. I have a website related to travel and tourism. As a start, i have decided to submit it to a lot of submissions site. Do you think that this will increase the traffic to my site.

Suggestions welcome!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you should do forum posting and social bookmarking, It's also generation best back links, so try to do this ideas....

•••
Submission to top directories may help your site to get some more traffic.

Try to get some backlinks from relevant and high quality pages. That will help your site to improve its ranking in SERPs.

The best way to increase the traffic is to provide excellent content/services in your site.

•••
Great content + Quality Blog Commenting + Article Submissions will eventually get you Quality backlinks over a period of time. This is really nothing new but everyone just tries to do it the fast easy way and wonder why they do not get permanent ranking results. Be patient and put in effect these things and over a period of time you serps will increase.

•••
I think that is will increase the traffic to your site.
this traffict deppend of submissions site.

•••
I PR of directories where you want to submit you site it's acceptable , yes will help you. You also can try article posting an lin k exchange also very useful.

•••
Try to make links on sites with high pr, it will help you to increase your pr

•••
Find out where similar websites to yours are getting links from and ask if they'd be willing to link to you as well. If you go on Yahoo, type link:domain , where domain is the domain name of a similar website and you'll be able to see a list of websites which have linked to them.

See this link: http://searchenginewatch.com/2160301

•••
Ling Building is an ever ending process. Start from article writing, press release, social bookmarking....

•••
You may also try hitting up relevant forums with high PR ranks. Add your page to your signature and make a post that is on topic. The more places you have your links with higher PRs, the higher your page PR will get.

Articles and link exchanges can be good too, but can be time consuming. I would recommend avoiding link farms, as google will not recognize them(most of the time).

•••
Wikipedia

Although wikipedia links are nofollow, they do allow for consistent traffic. If there is a page for your city/area of tourism, add yourself as an external link. :)

Last edited:
•••
Try submitting links to a related site.
So that you can easily target you visitors.
Joining Forums is another way for you to gain traffic.
and Yahoo Answers also.

•••
submitting to directories, forum signatures and social bookmarking sites don't bring traffic.

a well placed, intelligent blog comment on a popular blog WILL bring you a lot of traffic.

oh, and of course having a site that ranks well in the SERPs brings a lot of traffic. ;)

•••
Travel is not the best niche now, almost every site has less traffic than last year. I got a lot of hits from Yahoo! answers, but I also have like a 25% best answer rating, that helps!

I own 12 travel related websites, including a travel directory, send me a message if you would like, I might be able to help you

Cheers!

•••
HI
Social bookmarking,article posting,forum posting are really help u to increase traffic and Quality back link.both are really help u to improve PR.

•••
Make thematic quality one back links for your website your website ranking increase in search engine and from social bookmarking you get instant traffic..........

•••
site submission will indeed generate traffic to your site and get your site indexed quickly.. but don't spend too much time on submitting your site to small search engine.. These are the major search engine you wanna submit to:

1. Google 63% search traffic (aol included - aol results are based on google)
2. Yahoo 22.9% search traffic
3. Live (MSN) 9.8% search traffic
4. ASK 4.3% search traffic
5. ODP - Open Directory Project - unknown

by submitting your site to these search engines: you have covered 99.5% of search traffic in today's internet market.

Note: create webmaster account in these big 3 search engines - validate your domain name and submit sitemap if possible.

Hope that helps :)

•••
I think you should do following ways:

*Forum posting
* Social bookmarking
*Directories Submission
*Good content
* Blog Commenting
* Article Submissions

And from all these ways definately your will see good traffice on your website.

•••
1.forum signatures
2.social bookmarking
3.submitting to directories
Help you have Link Building.

•••
Definitely but its not enough!.. You have to participate on other strategies as well.. Try to participate on the following:

- article submissions
- blog commenting
- book marking
- classified ads
- directory submissions
- forum posting
- link exchange
- press release

•••
Directory submission should help on your backlinks, if they are dofollow. Keep in mind that relevant backlinks gives your site more SERP value.

•••
Most of the people have to rely upon search engines for traffic so try to improve your search rankings. I dont think directory submissions is a good idea because you dont get backlink from each and every directory you've submitted your link to. Try doing some other ways like forum posting which is quite useful in linkbuilding as well as traffic generation.

•••
I agree with Tyrone Biggums above, this technique took my fairly new site from the low 500's to #36 for the extremely competitive phrase 'car insurance' in just a few days

•••
HI

Write some articles related to your website/niche and submit them to article directories... this is a must to do.

Also do a press release...

Thx
Tom

•••
Hi,

According to me article submission, press release submission and forums posting is most effective way to get quick backlinks with traffics for your websites.

In starting you should do these work for link building and then after you can do other link building work.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back