IT.COM

new gtlds LifetimeFitness.com Now Using Lifetime.Life

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Life Time Fitness, a large health club and fitness business with 127 locations across the United States and Canada, has changed its url. The company is now forwarding LifetimeFitness.com to LifeTime.Life. If you visit LifeTimeFitness.com, you will be forwarded to the new url. The company also announced it will be using the lt.Life domain name as well...
Lifetime.Life_.png

Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The name sucks but I understand why they did it. LifetimeFitness.com is a name that targets fitness and gym type things. Now Lifetime is a magazine, yoga, pilates, spa, cafe, health foods etc.....so they are trying to expand their brand beyond just fitness. Should have thought it out more but I get where they are trying to go with it.

•••
The change makes perfect sense to me and good branding IMO. Life Time is their registered TM, they are dropping fitness because they're much more than just your regular fitness center. One good look around their site shows why .life is a great match for them. BTW - Life Time in .com is taken so they have insight to launch on a newer G. :xf.wink:

From their site:

Our Promise
We're much more than fitness.
As Life Time® expands from our original beginnings in fitness into a wide range of businesses that fulfill our complete Healthy Way of Life mission and vision, Life Time is establishing itself as the global leader in the Healthy Way of Life category and as a true lifestyle brand.

We offer more than fitness; we help people change, get healthier, reach new goals and do things they love. We are champions for healthy, happy lives.
Exactly that, 100% agreed :)

•••
Bad domain rebranding, and unnecessary to begin with: they had (have?) the perfect domain.

But it gets funnier: LifeTimeLife.com is owned by Time/Life publications.

•••
The company board of director our the so called market legend here!

Now, will be legendary dumb. Yes, big companies do stupid things. Some continue to do so. Let's go back to an example used earlier. Overstock.com.

Tried to rebrand as o, o.co. Their name implies they sell only overstock, leftover type stuff. They did, they also sell brand new stuff. Saw a commercial from them last week, literally explaining that they sell new stuff. So in 2017, they still have to explain their name.

vs.

Wayfair. A company that had a bunch of niche sites, went under the name CSN Stores. I know because I had lots of them on my site via affiliate marketing. They consolidated all the stores and picked a new name. You might have heard of them or seen their commercials on TV, Wayfair.

That's what Overstock should have done. Not o, o.co, not doing commercials still explaining their bad name.

Lifetime Fitness is in Overstock territory. Didn't think things thru, somebody high up is not that smart. Actually many people for it to get this far.

And it's funny seeing people, I can tell are either lying or just have no clue whatsoever on marketing, thinking this was a good move.

Found the commercial, staying with a name that is holding them back.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Why people do such things ! :cautious:

•••
The change makes perfect sense to me and good branding IMO. Life Time is their registered TM, they are dropping fitness because they're much more than just your regular fitness center. One good look around their site shows why .life is a great match for them. BTW - Life Time in .com is taken so they have insight to launch on a newer G. :xf.wink:

From their site:

Our Promise
We're much more than fitness.
As Life Time® expands from our original beginnings in fitness into a wide range of businesses that fulfill our complete Healthy Way of Life mission and vision, Life Time is establishing itself as the global leader in the Healthy Way of Life category and as a true lifestyle brand.

We offer more than fitness; we help people change, get healthier, reach new goals and do things they love. We are champions for healthy, happy lives.

Your sarcasm was so dry I almost thought you were serious, well played!

•••
The extension makes sense, the branding does not. As others have pointed out, it's redundant. Bravo on them for taking the leap though. Isn't that what life is all about?

•••
Your sarcasm was so dry I almost thought you were serious, well played!

I can't tell if your post was sarcasm :) because mad was 100% serious.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Now, will be legendary dumb. Yes, big companies do stupid things. Some continue to do so. Let's go back to an example used earlier. Overstock.com.

Tried to rebrand as o, o.co. Their name implies they sell only overstock, leftover type stuff. They did, they also sell brand new stuff. Saw a commercial from them last week, literally explaining that they sell new stuff. So in 2017, they still have to explain their name.

vs.

Wayfair. A company that had a bunch of niche sites, went under the name CSN Stores. I know because I had lots of them on my site via affiliate marketing. They consolidated all the stores and picked a new name. You might have heard of them or seen their commercials on TV, Wayfair.

That's what Overstock should have done. Not o, o.co, not doing commercials still explaining their bad name.

Lifetime Fitness is in Overstock territory. Didn't think things thru, somebody high up is not that smart. Actually many people for it to get this far.

And it's funny seeing people, I can tell are either lying or just have no clue whatsoever on marketing, thinking this was a good move.

Found the commercial, staying with a name that is holding them back.

Throw the type of money at marketing that Wayfair does can make any company successful. The Wayfair name sucks in my opinion. What the hell is a Wayfair?

•••
Throw the type of money at marketing that Wayfair does can make any company successful. The Wayfair name sucks in my opinion. What the hell is a Wayfair?

Talk about redundant way fair. It's OK though ends in .com. :)

•••

I never bothered to check but I assumed it was cuz their prices are "way fair"

•••
I never bothered to check but I assumed it was cuz their prices are "way fair"

That's it but the word way seems a bit odd before fair. Seems kind of slangy. "priced fair" or something like that sounds better. If you say it fast it sounds like the cookie, wafer.

•••
Lifetimefitness is a great name that explains the business and it's philosophy . Lifetimelife is ungainly and says nothing about the business.

Nevermind the dots this is just dumb.

•••

It's an easy to spell and remember name. Unlike lifetime.life, which will be hard for people to remember, and......dumb. Wayfair is doing just fine "As of January 2014, Wayfair was the largest online-only retailer for home furniture in the United States"

You could ask what the hell is a ___________ for many companies, since a lot of them use made up names or a name comprised of well known words.

•••
And of course the same applies to LifeTime.life. Many could say what the hell is that too but multi million dollar facility's being built and promotion I'm sure their customers will figure it out. :xf.wink:

•••
And of course the same applies to LifeTime.life. Many could say what the hell is that too but multi million dollar facility's being built and promotion I'm sure their customers will figure it out. :xf.wink:

Does not apply because the general population isn't familiar with .life, everybody knows .com. I understand .life holders think this is a brilliant move, just not anybody with any marketing sense.

•••
Does not apply because the general population isn't familiar with .life, everybody knows .com. I understand .life holders think this is a brilliant move, just not anybody with any marketing sense.

And it all points back to the .life extension and .com only. Why don't you just say that you think anything but .com stinks regardless of how good it may be?

•••
And it all points back to the .life extension and .com only. Why don't you just say that you think anything but .com stinks regardless of how good it may be?

Why do you think every story on new gtlds is great? It's so over the top, you had somebody think you were being sarcastic. This is not an improvement at all. I think some of the people posting that it is, don't really believe it themselves. They just have some new gtlds to unload.

Try this, take both names. Put them in front of somebody you know, friends and family. Let's see which one they like better.

•••
Why do you think every story on new gtlds is great?

The better question is why do you think every story about new G's is bad?

•••
This decision makes me cry harder than a Lifetime Movie.

•••
The better question is why do you think every story about new G's is bad?

It's like asking me, why do I think every story on getting kicked in the nuts is bad. It usually is.

•••
It's like asking me, why do I think every story on getting kicked in the nuts is bad. It usually is.

So you feel when a company develops on a new G's it's like you getting kicked in the nuts?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back