NameSilo

Letter-Letter Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Any opinions on the value and potential for L-L names ie a-b.com, w/ decent letters?
I am currently in an auction that is about to end and am trying to figure the cut off point. It is currently @ a little over $100 and has had about 6 different active bidders. :?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hmm, well I'm generally not keen on these, but your post has gotten me thinking:

if your business name already has a hypen in it, OR if it is comprised of exactly two words and the regular LL.com is already taken, then the L-L.coms could be good.

that said, $100 sounds a little sp8^X8^Xky to me, if you don't have a buyer in mind already

my two cents...

•••
I think a dime over 20 dollars is too much, mate, unless you *know* of another company who you could sell it to.

•••
Its totally depends on the combo, if its a country code like U-S then its easy mid XXX$ range, havent seen any recent L-L sale tho...

I dont think ~100$ is much for a L-L, but it all depends on the combo of the two letters.

•••
Maybe you could sell them to people with those intials...i.e. g-w.com for George Washington. It wouldn't be as expensive because of the dash. Not much demand/value right now, though.

•••
•••
this wouldnt happen to be X-R.com would it?

•••
Well it depends.

X-X.com would be pretty good.

It really depends on the names.

AND IT'S 3 CENTS

•••
In general
Letter1-Letter1.com where Letter1 are same for both
is always a good combination
Short and simple to remember

•••
Interesting observations. I think there must be two distinct schools of thought on these.

this wouldnt happen to be X-R.com would it?
No, it wasn't. I had that one under the radar, but my backorder failed.

It was C-T.com and it went for over $200 at SnapNames. 3 of my other B/Os (w/ SnapNames) for decent L-L.coms failed and they didn't have obvious associations like U-S. These were a heck of alot easier to get 2 mos ago. I think L-L domains are another case where the prices are starting to climb through the roof, so probably difficult to evaluate until they stabilize.

Has anyone else actually purchased (or attempted to purchase) any of these lately?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back