NameSilo

Let's define premium letters!

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

bobby9101

VIP Member
Impact
33
I think namepros should work together to create a set of most desired letters.
For example, H is consider a premium letter, however I think that:
ebow.com
is better than
eboh.com
(both pronounced the same)
I personally am a big fan of W and U and not a big fan of F and H
Also, I think that a QU pair is great, for example:
Quib.com is a great name whereas
Fuib.com or Foib.com is not so good (pronounceability)
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
bobby9101 said:
I think namepros should work together to create a set of most desired letters.
For example, H is consider a premium letter, however I think that:
ebow.com
is better than
eboh.com
(both pronounced the same)
I personally am a big fan of W and U and not a big fan of F and H
Also, I think that a QU pair is great, for example:
Quib.com is a great name whereas
Fuib.com or Foib.com is not so good (pronounceability)


It`s already been discussed several times and these are the stats showing the most used letters in 4 letters acronyms:

http://www.mcgees.org/fourletterdomains.html

Then it could be useful to consider this one too for the different languages analysed:

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=914452

From the above, whoever stats that U & W are not Premium, is wrong.
 
0
•••
VURG statistically analyzed some LLLL.com sales data that I provided him with recently and average prices (CVCV/VCVC removed from analysis) on LLLL.coms containing a U are on average higher than LLLL.coms containing F, G, and H.


italiandragon said:
It`s already been discussed several times and these are the stats showing the most used letters in 4 letters acronyms:

http://www.mcgees.org/fourletterdomains.html

Then it could be useful to consider this one too for the different languages analysed:

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=914452

From the above, whoever stats that U & W are not Premium, is wrong.
 
1
•••
Reece said:
VURG statistically analyzed some LLLL.com sales data that I provided him with recently and average prices (CVCV/VCVC removed from analysis) on LLLL.coms containing a U are on average higher than LLLL.coms containing F, G, and H.


Yes, he wrote me about that, but we need to consider that those sales are for the large part affected by this "thinking" that U & W were not premium.

I am not basing my statements on SALES prices regarding them to be Premium but on their USE.

The prices can be manipulated, inflated, etc. while the use is what it is.
 
0
•••
italiandragon said:
It`s already been discussed several times and these are the stats showing the most used letters in 4 letters acronyms:

http://www.mcgees.org/fourletterdomains.html

Then it could be useful to consider this one too for the different languages analysed:

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=914452

From the above, whoever stats that U & W are not Premium, is wrong.
Thanks for getting back to me. It was something you used to show W is not a weak letter, but it was a line graph and the line sharply went up at W. I think it was regarding frequency in language, not in LLLL.coms. I can't find the post anywhere, I've gone through two months of your posts, lol.

Michael
 
0
•••
DomainRaiders.com said:
Thanks for getting back to me. It was something you used to show W is not a weak letter, but it was a line graph and the line sharply went up at W. I think it was regarding frequency in language, not in LLLL.coms. I can't find the post anywhere, I've gone through two months of your posts, lol.

Michael


I think someone else posted that. I don`t have that in my favourities.

As soon as I can , I will have a look.
 
1
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back