IT.COM

status-replied Mods define what names and letters are Premium

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
I have one of my for sale thread listed here as Quad Premium Letters and I just received an Alert from Mods saying that my Letters are not all Premium and they changed to Tri-Premium because V is not a Premium Letter.

Who define which Letter is Premium?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So moderators should stay out of this
Agreed (in most cases).

For a little background on the relevant rule:

Rule 6.1.28 was recently updated in an attempt to protect members from misrepresentation and false claims:

We, as moderators, have to decide when we believe applying that rule will be helpful versus an unnecessary hindrance. In the case of a commonly-misused word like "premium," that becomes even more difficult to decide.

Fortunately, after discussing this internally, we've decided to focus on applying the rule to more blatant cases, such as "guaranteed profit" claims. We'll let buyers and sellers decide the rest and do their own due diligence.

We hope that helps.

•••
interesting reading and debate, no matter how u guys define letters, every name just unique, I am a fan on letter "V", famous Brand like VIVO, Volvo, Visa, LOUIS VUITTON using letter V , in various industry, Phone, Car, Finance, Fashion/Luxury....

for me, letter V is one of the most Brandable letter (while it in right place and combined with other letters well)

also, letter "Z" is another lovely one.(for me)

Last edited:
•••
It's possible for two things to be true at the same time.

It's possible for "V" to not be widely considered as premium letter because it appears less frequently than premium letters, and for a premium name to have the letter "V". These things can both be true.

These aren't mutually exclusive. I don't know what point people are trying to make by listing brands that use the letter V. Nobody said that names with the letter V are worthless, what a strange strawman for everyone to harp on.

The same way that every name containing a premium letter isn't necessarily a premium name. Just because Louis Vuitton exists, that doesn't mean that V is suddenly a more commonly used letter.

A name can, in fact, have nothing but premium letters and still be a bad name. Just like a premium name can contain non-premium letters. But in the context of a 4L, it's misleading to say each of those letters are premium when only 3/4 are considered premium letters. Words have meanings, and if everything is premium, then nothing is premium.

FGHLMLMHLMHBCBDLFM.com is not a premium name. Makes sense now, yes?

Some of these responses are so incredibly hyperbolic that I have to wonder if they're missing the point on purpose for fun and sport, or genuinely just confused.

Last edited:
•••
Just aware this is a post 6 months ago...:banghead::banghead: Why and how I been here...:xf.grin::xf.grin:

•••
Great then deception includes entire IDN market.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back