NameSilo

Less is NOT more

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Subforums should be visible on Index, also number of ppl currently viewing each subforum!! :tu:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Lean and mean, Keep it clean :)

I like it the way it is.

•••
bring back everything on the index page. It takes far too long otherwise to browse the three or four categories I want to view each day.

•••
I agree with nodws and whitebark.
It takes quite a bit of time to navigate now. I mean I've been reading alot of articles about how to keep visitors on your website. One of the main problems is navigation. If visitors cant seem to find anything within a few clicks they get annoyed :)

I'm no pro in this, but I agree on that fact.

At least give us the choice.

Regards

•••
Yeah.. please go back :P

•••
Im a Pro Nav SEO Guru and I say. fallback! :D

•••
What happened to threads? I totally confused, the changes annoy me. Tried to navigate to my favorite threads, spent approx 20 minutes, and haven't found what I need. I have already habited to new design, but now it's awful. Also I haven't found my N$ balance, it's simply disappeared. Could any body give me link to thread where new changes listed, just absent 2 days.

•••
What happened to threads? I totally confused, the changes annoy me. Tried to navigate to my favorite threads, spent approx 20 minutes, and haven't found what I need. I have already habited to new design, but now it's awful. Also I haven't found my N$ balance, it's simply disappeared. Could any body give me link to thread where new changes listed, just absent 2 days.

Quoting from the homepage:

The following features are non-operational at this time:

1. NP$ Domain Management
2. NP Clicks
3. Highlighted Threads
4. Charity Ribbons

So dont worry about that :)

•••
Bump for great justice!

Categories on index is very unappealing.

IMO, group the sub forums under their respective categories in one box. I.E. all Marketplace forums under Marketplace box, then do inline boxes for specific sales like Domain Sales.

•••
I agree, most of the forums that I use are sub-forums and its quite annoying I have to click so many times to just get to where I want :/ I think we're better off with tabs so we can hide forums we dont generally use.

•••
Thanks for the comments. We'll probably end up using some sort of tabbed style navigation again.

•••
RJ is in the middle of reworking the layout on the main page, it will not be like this forever. :tu:

•••
No need for tabbed layout again, leave it as last week, its ok, we can hide the forum boxes we dont want

•••
bring back everything on the index page. It takes far too long otherwise to browse the three or four categories I want to view each day.

Roy's dead on with this comment. This is becoming a mining expedition to find what we want at NP.

I want to go to the homepage, find the categories, and start reading threads. I don't want to navigate through page after page to get what I wanted.

•••
hehe, I'm getting used to it... please hurry :D

•••
bring the tabs back!
That was the best part of the layout:imho:

•••
•••
My plan is to have the forum sections expandable so you can more easily find the subforums you're looking for. Bear with me, I'm not super fast when working with javascript.

•••
•••
My plan is to have the forum sections expandable so you can more easily find the subforums you're looking for. Bear with me, I'm not super fast when working with javascript.

Ahhh.. now it's starting to look very interesting. :)

Nice work!

Rob

•••
Glad the forum listing is fixed - now I can easily view topics again.

In regards to bringing back the tabs ... please don't.

A complete forum list like it is right now is much better - one can see everything with no extra clicking.

Ron

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back