IT.COM

Legalisation of Marijuana in many US states,

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ian McKay

Established Member
Impact
On 1st january 2018, the cultivation, harvesting, processing, marketing and selling of marijuanna, and associated by-products for medical and recreational purposes, became legal in the state of California. Since then, many states have followed suit; and, as a country, Canada will also legalise pot, sometime in this coming summer. The state of California, alone, is the biggest consumer of marijuanna in the world. So, does anyone think that registering marijuanna / pot associated domain names will suddenly take off?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
On 1st january 2018, the cultivation, harvesting, processing, marketing and selling of marijuanna, and associated by-products for medical and recreational purposes, became legal in the state of California. Since then, many states have followed suit; and, as a country, Canada will also legalise pot, sometime in this coming summer. The state of California, alone, is the biggest consumer of marijuanna in the world. So, does anyone think that registering marijuanna / pot associated domain names will suddenly take off?
These domains have been selling for years and for big amounts of money.

•••
•••
Still waiting for the many states that followed california....
ahahhahahhahahaah
NOT ONE YET!!!!

•••
•••
•••
Still waiting for the many states that followed california....
ahahhahahhahahaah
NOT ONE YET!!!!

I beg to differ my friend, take a look at this link. It will show you that there are now 9 US states that have already legalized marijuana for recreational use; and, another 29 states that have legalized marijuana for medical use! Here's the link below:
http://uk.businessinsider.com/where-can-you-can-legally-smoke-weed-2018-1/#alaska-1

There are now many states that followed california....
ahahhahahhahahaah

Last edited:
•••
These domains have been selling for years and for big amounts of money.

Hi Keith
Speaking as a relative novice in the domain game, I would be very grateful if you could tell me where would be the best place for me to put my, pot related, domain names up for sale? Is there a specialized market place where domain names like these are bought and sold?

•••
Hi Keith
Speaking as a relative novice in the domain game, I would be very grateful if you could tell me where would be the best place for me to put my, pot related, domain names up for sale? Is there a specialized market place where domain names like these are bought and sold?
https://www.potdomains.com/

•••
Most pot related domain names are sold on GoDaddy as per records from Namebio.
I reg mine from Dynadot- it's cheaper to reg.

•••
Most pot related domain names are sold on GoDaddy as per records from Namebio.
Those sales are the result of expired auctions, not consumer to consumer. Big difference...

•••
Look carefully at the laws of each of the 9 states and DC that legalized in some way, shape, or form recreational marijuana.
There are various restrictions in place.
Depending on where one is.

Now look carefully at the states that have in some way, shape, or form legalized medicinal marijuana...
Again, many restrictions...like okay for epilepsy but no back pain...etc etc etc.
Like here in Iowa.....

So unrestricted use still not at all common, even in California....
Vermont is the closest so far to unrestricted use.

•••
Look carefully at the laws of each of the 9 states and DC that legalized in some way, shape, or form recreational marijuana.
There are various restrictions in place.
Depending on where one is.

Now look carefully at the states that have in some way, shape, or form legalized medicinal marijuana...
Again, many restrictions...like okay for epilepsy but no back pain...etc etc etc.
Like here in Iowa.....

So unrestricted use still not at all common, even in California....
Vermont is the closest so far to unrestricted use.

I think that the marijuana trickle will eventually turn into a torrent. Where there is a will, there's usually always a way!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back