IT.COM

information Ledger.io Sells for $120,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The fourth publicly-disclosed .IO sale is here, courtesy of a LinkedIn post revealing that Ledger.io sold for $120,000.

If verified by DNJournal, this will rank as the second-largest .IO sale of all time, behind the $175,000 sale of Metaverse.io.

Read the full report on my blog

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for sharing. Like that the name fits the extension.

•••
.io is up and coming, ty Mr. James. :)

•••
Hmm, I wonder who verifies DNJournal's findings?... Or is the idea that their determination (about domain sales) is solid-gold and beyond reproach?

Last edited:
•••
Hmm, I wonder who verifies DNJournal?... Or is the idea that their determination (about domain sales) is solid-gold and beyond reproach?
theyve been around long enough with historical proof. :)

•••
theyve been around long enough with historical proof. :)

That sounds like a cryptic way of saying no one. Anyway, thanks for replying "The Durfer"..!

•••
Great sale, thanks for the info.

•••
•••
Hmm, I wonder who verifies DNJournal's findings?... Or is the idea that their determination (about domain sales) is solid-gold and beyond reproach?
Lol
I understand you are new here maybe also in domain name business but good for you put questions

This pandemic is weird make people not think..i mean Cows .com $125k & ledger .io 120k , come on ..maybe i will sell internetisaweirdthing .com with 100k or 1 mil. 😂

•••
Lol
I understand you are new here maybe also in domain name business but good for you put questions

This pandemic is weird make people not think..i mean Cows .com $125k & ledger .io 120k , come on ..maybe i will sell internetisaweirdthing .com with 100k or 1 mil. 😂

Ledger is the leading brand of Crypto cold wallets: https://www.ledger.com/ , would imagine it is them.

Not sure about Cows, but it's still a 1 word 4L .com so.. not surprised there at all, it could have easily gone for more depending on the use-case.

•••
It's hard to imagine any conceptual use for the "cows" domain, so its most obvious application may be something to do with the meat or dairy industry, e.g. a product that makes cows more productive for milk.

The "ledger" domain is somewhat relevant to its TLD, but the cuteness of that tenuous connection may be immediately lost on any prospective audience, and seriously.... $120,000?! I know that many of you are just here to cheer-lead (in relative or blind ignorance) for the name types you're personally invested in, but come on now... :xf.eek:

I would love to understand the business need for buying that domain...

Last edited:
•••
It's hard to imagine any conceptual use for the "cows" domain, so its most obvious application may be something to do with the meat or dairy industry, e.g. a product that makes cows more productive for milk.

The "ledger" domain is somewhat relevant to it's TLD, but the cuteness of that tenuous connection may be immediately lost on any prospective audience, and seriously.... $125,000?! I know that many of you are just here to cheer-lead (in relative or blind ignorance) for the names you're personally invested in, but come on now... :xf.eek:

I would love to understand the business need for buying that domain...

They are large and profitable enough to justify the expense, certainly.

.io is widely used across the Crypto & Fintech industry, would almost wager that a lot of their potential customers are lost traffic by not having the .io in addition to their .com

•••
from a guy that never bought crypto first thing that comes to mind when i hear the word ledger is crypto ^^
great name great price

•••
would almost wager that a lot of their potential customers are lost traffic by not having the .io in addition to their .com

Ok, i'll bite... How so?

•••
•••
It is undersold.

120K is what? 50 ETH?

•••
Ledger.io $120k, SchoolOS.com $14k, another .io (name under NDA) $180k
Total $314k worth domains sold by Domainofy.com team last month
Congratulations to Jay Paudyal , @Hitesh Wadhwa & Divya Shukla

Last edited:
•••
Ledger.io $120k, SchoolOS.com $14k, another (.com) name (NDA) $180k
Total $314k worth domains sold by Domainofy.com team last month
Congratulations to Jay Paudyal , @Hitesh Wadhwa & Divya Shukla
The other under-nda name is also dot io.

Congrats to both seller n buyer.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Thank you for sharing your findings James. I wonder why .io extension is so visible in domain market ?

•••
Back