Domain Empire

Last year I made over 25k!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Before i got into domaining, i started a blog. It's been a little over a year and i made over $25,000.00 with my blog. http://www.bloggernoob.com/bloggernoob-a-year-of-making-money-online/14/

Anyone else make money with their blogs? What types of websites are easiest to monetize? On my blog, i found that running contests worked best as far as marketing.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have no regard for pagerank anymore. I have a PR1 site up since June, 2008 and it earns a steady $1500-$2000 per month and out ranks many PR5 sites...

•••
Congrats on your success!
I am curious how does google know that your paid posts are well....paid posts?
And how do you figure out your PR ranking?

•••
Yes but people underestimate just how much work that is and how much resources it demands and also how much discipline. I envy you, but I know so many I have turned onto online earning and they don't earn much because the participation peters out because they won't sustain the effort. Congrats.

•••
sheprd- is that income from adsense? if it is, i need to work a few of my blogs with that type of income. I think that time is on our side. The older the site, the more pages will be ranked by google.

lil black dress- you can find the google PR by installing a browser toolbar. google knows by relevant links on your blog. if you write paid post that are relavant to your blog, you should be able to sneak by google. but i write off topic paid post sometimes. google can also detect tags or categories labeled, "sponsored post, or paid post"

snowberry- yeah, hard work is usually needed for any type of success. just like a game of poker, u need to get lucky, but you need to be skilled to win. also, u need to be playing the hand to win.

•••
Congratulations Bloggernoob, wishing you continued success and hoping this year is even more profitable for you.

•••
siga- thanks siga. i wish you success in the new year as well.

you deal with llll.com domains? i have close to 300 llll.com domains as well. glad to see the market has picked up a little since the crash.

•••
Congrat.. It's Great! and i have one question on you, how many blogs you need to got $25K ?

•••
broozel- 25k was made on bloggernoob.com during my one year of blogging. i made a total of about 42k with my other blogs. i currently have around 50 mini sites in my portfolio.

•••
congrats and well done! I can only hope to achieve the same sort of success in the future myself

•••
damen- thanks. im sure if you put in enough time and sweat, you will achiever the same or better results. ;)

•••
Your success is very impressive!
I wonder how much time you invested on your blogs and websites.

•••
wow that good I didn't think blogs could become that much

•••
congrats. All i can say mate is keep expanding!

sean

•••
fisher- i usually spend about an hour or two blogging a day.

shahab6- some blogs make tens of thousands of dollars a month.

seanpreston- thanks sean.

•••
inspiring stuff. so easy to forget that hard work is vital!!!

•••
digglenamer- yeah. i think most people view the whole "make money online" thing to be about instant riches. I think people think that internet empires are built on luck and timing. it is to a certain degree, but you have to be willing to work hard for it.

and people don't realize that there are hundreds of thousands of web masters who make regular income via the web. hard work will get you far. Work being the key word.

•••
Wow

your blog earn 25 000 ? wow very nice

•••
•••
Hi bloggernoob -

The income mentioned is not from adsense, it is affiliate income on that perticular site (even with low traffic, less than 100 uniques/day). I do use adsense elsewhere, but I don't do as well with adsense as I do with affiliates.

•••
Congrats bloggernoob, I have visited your site a few times because i own a noob site myself. :)

•••
sheprd- i know a few guys who do very well with adsense. It is something i need to learn. I do ok with affiliate marketing. Do you buy adwords ads and lead them to landing pages, or do you build content sites?

nightlinks- thanks for checking out my silly little blog. Care to share your noob site, i'd like to visit. ;)

•••
bloggernoob nice job! Just looked at your blog not to shabby! Good luck this year. I must agree with ppl in this thread about Page Rank. I have one site PR1 which makes more money monthly than my PR3-4 sites LOL It is an affiliate site so they can bring in money as Bloggernoob has proven

•••
happyhappy- thanks! I think that noobies place too much importance on google's toolbar PR. The fact of the matter is that your site can rank well for a lot of keyword without any PR. That is the case with a lot of my blogs. Like you said, affiliate commissions can yield a lot of profits. The best and most popular way to make money online is via adsense and affiliate commissions.

•••
I have bookmarked you site... going to pick it to gain more knowledge from your posting. Yes there are always different avenues of marketing.
bloggernoob said:
happyhappy- thanks! I think that noobies place too much importance on google's toolbar PR. The fact of the matter is that your site can rank well for a lot of keyword without any PR. That is the case with a lot of my blogs. Like you said, affiliate commissions can yield a lot of profits. The best and most popular way to make money online is via adsense and affiliate commissions.

•••
thanks happyhappy. i will try to write some useful and helpful stuff for blog marketers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back