NameSilo

Landing Page: What should it be when actively contacting end users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
Hello NamePros,

I've sat on my domains long enough, and it's time to start selling. I will be contacting end users in the service industry and offering the domain to them at a XXX BIN price and will add that I am accepting best offers as I'm auctioning it off to every company in that service space.

I'm wondering what my landing page should be. See my thoughts below:

1. For Sale Price / Contact
  2. For Sale Price / Contact / Relevant Statistics (Keyword Search Volume, How these Exact Match domains fair in other market searches, and Market value of similar domains)
  3. Parked page
  4. Godaddy Landing Page
  5. Auction
  6. Other

Please advise.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For sale price and contact.

•••
I would suggest creating a unique logo and landing page that includes your contact information. If you help the potential buyer see what they, or a competitor, can do with the name it may motivate them to respond to your email. You would have to pick the most likely use and try and keep your design rather generic to maintain a broad appeal.

Of course, this approach may not be realistic if you have a large domain portfolio or if you outsource your design and coding. You could, however, focus on outbound sales of only a few names at a time leaving the rest with a for sale / contact page.

•••
Thank you for your input @WhiteCloud and sorry for the delay in response, I must have missed the alert.

I was thinking about the following:

1) Developing BrandRepresentative.com (maybe something different as this is quite long) and use it as a platform for my portfolio.

2) Developing a generic template for domains that have several specific endusers with outdated or compaies without websites. Using this tactic of providing a free domain included in the premium domain. I mean what good is a premium keyword domain, without a site of equal value?

3) In the mean time while developing, leave a for sale link with my BrandRepresentative [or TBD name] logo. A fellow NP user sent me his for sale page that looked very clean.

•••
Hello NamePros,
  1. For Sale Price / Contact
  2. For Sale Price / Contact / Relevant Statistics (Keyword Search Volume, How these Exact Match domains fair in other market searches, and Market value of similar domains)
Please advise.

If your main traffic/exposure for the domain is contacting end users and companies, than adding stats such as keywords and search volume probably isn't necessary and may make the page look bloated and complicated.

I would use a minimal clean design. Something that makes your domain and service look credible.

Something like:

------------------------------------------------------------

MyDomain.com For Sale

Buy now for just $999 [Buy Now Button]

or

Make Offer:

Your Email Address [ Input Box]
Your Offer or Comments [Multi Line Input Box]
[Send]

------------------------------------------------------------

I believe it's important to keep things as simple and easy as possible for the potential buyer. For the offer section only have two input boxes, their email and their offer/comments. Don't make them fill out a first name, last name, phone number etc...you can get all that later, but firstly you want to get their email address and start the conversation.

A lot of people will only have a buy it now option, but I think it's important to also have a make offer option. Even if you don't want to sell it for less than your price, you can still get offers, which are email addresses to potential buyers that you can market the domain to at a later time.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for you input!

A lot of people will only have a buy it now option, but I think it's important to also have a make offer option. Even if you don't want to sell it for less than your price, you can still get offers, which are email addresses to potential buyers that you can market the domain to at a later time.

For the BIN option, do you go through paypal, private credit card processing company, or another domain listing service such as Afternic or Sedo?

•••
Thanks for you input!
For the BIN option, do you go through paypal, private credit card processing company, or another domain listing service such as Afternic or Sedo?

Straight credit card payment, where the buyer does not have to create an account or signup for anything. This can be done through a merchants account using a service like 2Checkout

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back