Dynadot

Key Words on NameDrive

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
NameDrive Key Words -

1. Are they used by NameDrive to pick which ads show on the page?

or

2. Are they placed in the parked page somewhere for search engines to pick up on?

3. Both 1 & 2 above??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
RPM is "revenue per thousand." M is the Roman numeral for 1000, so RPM is what you would theoretically earn from 1000 visits.

•••
1) Use the little magnifying glass next to the keyword box to get an idea of the type of ads that will be displayed.

2)Once you have something you like, save the changes and go check out the actual site and ads.

Rinse and repeat as needed....

Last edited:
•••
Namedrive RPC is a generic value for the first 48 hours.

Please note: The earnings on each click made on your domains are shown as a generic per-region value for the first 48 hours. Once we receive the exact earnings data from our advertising partner, the generic stats are updated to show the real click value. The last update date is shown in gray in your control panel. This process ensures that we can display the exact earnings made on your domains.

•••
Yes Long-EZ, setting keywords at ND makes a material difference in CTR and RPC.

•••
I changed one domain from "hosting" to "web hosting" based on the number of searches it was getting and it totally killed the number of views but made me slightly more money. :-/

In a recent question to ND (on another matter) I was told
The ads themselves will really be driven by the keyword so a keyword
like "--keywords were here--" should give you relevant ads.
It definitely pays to pick your keywords very carefully.

•••
yeah.. find the best possible keywords to optimize it..

•••
ND provides some very fine tuning re keywords...even moving from 'xxxx movie' to 'xxxx movies' produced different results.

•••
Today I have just moved about 50 names there for a test run - Do you know if you can view the results of a keyword change like you can in sedo - or do you just have to type the url in to see the results ??

Any advice appreciated :)

•••
From my experience, you have to type in the domain. But the good thing is that the change is instantaneous, so you directly see the effect of the new keywords.

Aboujouj

•••
Glad you moved your names Gazzip, you'll see how much namedrive is better than sedo :)

Glad you moved your names Gazzip, you'll see how much namedrive is better than sedo :)

•••
Thanks alot guys :) I'll have a play with it over the next few days.

I'm getting a bit fed up about how my names were getting indexed so badly by search engines, hopefully this will be better :)

Last edited:
•••
Has anyone elses ctr gone tanked this week? mine is below 1% for today, 2+% yesterday and the day before...it's been on a downward trend for about the last week...me no likey...

•••
The problem is , Gazzip , that if you type in the URL from McScotland you will have displayed before you, the page for Mc McMcMcy surfers.

I still say, keep an eYe on where your traffic is coming from and what they are searching for.

gazzip said:
Today I have just moved about 50 names there for a test run - Do you know if you can view the results of a keyword change like you can in sedo - or do you just have to type the url in to see the results ??

Any advice appreciated :)

•••
The last two days have been very low for me in CTR as well. Not sure why...

•••
My click through also tanked yesterday (Saturday), yet it was one of the busiest days this month for my dn's. CTR was less than half a percent when on a bad day it's usually at least +4%... Will have to take a look and compare some of the other days now.

When I get home tonite I will email Ed at ND and see if something is up (if he does not respond here on NP first). Or, if anyone else can email him sooner that would be great. He's good at responding to email even on a Sunday.....

EDIT/UPDATE
Just sent Ed (namedriver) a PM at about 10:30am EST. I will be on the road starting in about an hour and won't have internet access again until after 8:30pm EST so hopefully he'll respond here.

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys,

Sorry for not replying on this. I hadn't seen the thread till testcase alerted me to it.
I have to say that, having looked at a couple of your accounts, it would seem that CTR has certainly tanked on those accounts in the last few days. This mixed with a day where traffic seemed to rise on Saturday - mostly on IDN domains, but it would appear on others as well, doesn't really paint a great picture. We are looking into what is causing the lower CTR and the increase on traffic on Saturday - usually not a very high traffic day.
Hopefully this is just a small blip and normal service will be resumed asap...
Sorry for the inconvenience guys, we're doing our best to see what's going on.

Ed

•••
•••
Wow - Ive made 0.13 at namedrive in the last couple of days since moving 50 domains to namedrive.

0.10 for a typo poker click ??? - changed that back to sedo as they pay 1.20 or more usually.

237 views = 2 clicks ???? This is not looking impressive so far :td:

•••
B33R said:
Namedrive RPC is a generic value for the first 48 hours.

Thanks - I will check it in a couple of days to see if they give me more than the 0.10 :)

Sorry is this is off topic a bit but what is the RPM bit at the far right hand at namedrive ? It say's $35.15 for the poker click :-/

Last edited:
•••
What he said :)
|
|
|
V

Last edited:
•••
•••
I was discussing this RPM thing yesterday with Gazzip.

I love Name Drive but despite your explanation it leaves me scratching a whole in my head too. :-/ :-/ :-/

For example one of my domains has earnt $4.91 so far this month but the RPM says $4.03 :td:

Yet another has only earnt $1.46 but the RPM says $7.13. :)

I think it stands for Revs Per Minute something to do with your CD rom maybe??? :hehe:

•••
He is right, it's revenue per thousand impressions (aka views)

1000 / views x revenue = RPM

•••
Hi guys,

Just to cover the RPM point:
RPM is revenue per thousand. It is a good way of overlooking CTR and PPC and seeing what a domain makes per thousand visitors to the domain.

Here's an explanation for the 'tanked' CTR. There's no really pretty way to package it, so here goes...

We looked into the logs and at the data from last week and we now know that a lot of clicks on our pages were made by bots and not by real visitors whatsoever. This is something which we have investigated thoroughly as it seems that there was a lot of bot traffic around last week, even the week before that too. These can be seen by higher CTR than there was before matched with 11 cent clicks.
The thing with the 11 cent clicks is this:
We report the clicks in real time. So we see a click from the US, we count it and, once we receive the earnings data from Google, we update the generic data with the real earnings data. However, in the case of bot clicks, we count the click when it is made, but we receive no update data from Google, so the click stays there at 11 cents, un-updated. We realised that we had a lot of bot traffic on a lot of domains last week and so blocked it, sending the CTR back down again. However, looking at many of the accounts, it seems that the CTR has actually gone down to what it was before the rise.
The bot clicks can be seen very clearly by selecting the 'Ad region': North America. You'll see a lot of 11 cent clicks on there. If you look at the individual names, you'll find several with one view and one click and one eleven cent click.
Effectively we are paying out for clicks which we never should do. Google doesn't count them, so we are not being paid for them. Bots are difficult for us because there are so many different bots trawling the internet, some bad and some not so bad (like Google's own spiders). However some, even Google's, are stupid and will follow links, generating a 'click'. Even the mighty Domain Sponsor has to sometimes readdress bot clicks - one of our clients also at DS had $120 removed for bot clicks 2 weeks ago but realises that the clicks weren't "there" in the first place. We won't be doing this. Even though we are aware that these are earnings we shouldn't be paying out on, we will not be erasing the revenue for these clicks.

I hope this goes some way to explaining what is going on. It is frustrating for us, because we have noticed the PPCs on our system rise significantly in the last 5 days, but this has been overshadowed by people's CTR 'dropping' from the bot clicks being blocked! We are currently working on new techniques to increase CTR across the board, but for now, we would be very happy to look at any accounts which you'd like us to optimized. Just send a mail to [email protected] if you'd like us to have a look at your account.

Ed

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back