IT.COM

domain kadonix.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Profit Seeker

Established Member
Impact
Okay, so in my previous thread I asked you guys what you thought of nineouts.com. I took the advice I got and reduced my starting bid. The other domain I am selling is kadonix.com. This is pronounceable and brandable and, to me, it sounds like some future tech company. What do you guys think? I've also listed this one on GoDaddy auction with a $50 starting bid but I think it could be worth a lot more? What are your thoughts on it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
After thinking more about it and reading some of the posts here I decided to pull kadonix.com from the GoDaddy auction and sell it on eBay instead. My auction is live! The starting bid is £250 with a Buy It Now price of £3,500. Let's see what happens. Watch for yourselves . . . .

•••
It's a good name. Put it for sale between $3000 - $5000.
It may not attract direct bids because you don't know who the end user is.
You will have to wait with this one!

•••
It is a good name. Put it for sale between $3000 - $5000.

So, I've taken your advice. I've put a BIN of £3500 on my eBay auction but I am willing to entertain offers. I've set the starting bid at £250. I'm hoping it sells because it's definitely a premium domain name. If it doesn't though do you have suggestions for where I should direct my outbound marketing campaign?

•••
Over the weekend I got two offers one at $150 and a second one of $200 a few hours later (they came from different email addresses but I suspected they were actually from the same bidder!). I was tempted to take the $150 and even more tempted to take the $200 just to bag my first ever domain sale. I decided to hold out though because I really do think it's worth more. Am I being greedy? My minimum bid on eBay is £250 so about $325. I probably would have accepted that even though I still think it's worth more. Advice please . . .

•••

Last edited:
•••
I'd counter with $400 and take something in-between.

Yes, do this, then buy more domains. With $400 you can buy another 40 domains and if you are buying the right ones, you have a much better chance of selling one of the 40 domains at full price, than selling this one domain at full price.

•••
Thanks for the advice NameBuyer. The thing is I don't want forty domains in my portfolio. Can you imagine the renewal fees? They will wipe out most of the profit I make on the ones I do sell unless I get lucky often enough.

I have four domains at the moment, each of which I bought with the intention of using myself. I have some great ideas for a few more domain names and so I'll grow my portfolio to about a dozen different domains. If I sell one here and there, great. I'll bank the profit and buy another domain in its place. I'm thinking of it as a kind of Warrren Buffett approach, you know? Tight and focused. Reinvesting the profits elsewhere for compounded growth . . .

The next thing I need to learn about is creating landing pages and parking and all that jazz. I've also created an account with Sedo which I need to learn a bit more about.

Anyhow, thanks for all the advice and keep it coming. I'm all ears . . . .

•••
Well, just to keep you all up to date: I emailed back the two people who sent me offers (who I still strongly suspect are one and the same person!). I never heard back off of either of them. I have had a couple of questions which I don't really know the answer to myself: Is there any cost associated to transferring the domain to someone else, whether a private individual or a company? How long will it take to transfer it to another registrar? This second question came as a result of someone noticing I had only just bought it and they seem to think I can't transfer ownership or registrar for a set number of days at GoDaddy. Can this be right? I have been looking through the FAQ at GoDaddy and I might need to give them a call but just wondering if any of you knew?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back