IT.COM

Just sold for $90,000 -- Sale didn't go through

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just sold my website/business for $90,000 on stormpay.

Not sure of the buyers identity, as I havent heard back from him yet (Just happened 5 minutes ago) But he is from Brazil.

From what I understand he is now legally obligated to purchase it now (Stormpay policy)

Anyone have any input on this? Here is the link
http://www.stormpay.com/stormpay/user/user_auctions.php?l=132643396

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think the publicity stunt is still being performed

•••
TT said:
I think the publicity stunt is still being performed

:bah: :lol: :p

<I Love It>

•••
Just callem the way I see em

•••
LOL

Nah, but I still havent heard from the guy, so who knows

I know if I bought something for $90K I wouldnt wait to long to contact the seller after using the Buy Now button

•••
Ou yeah. Compared to $90K, international call costs look funny, even when talking for hours. I'm not happy to say this, but I must agree that can most likely be a scam.

•••
Well, I have nothing to lose, as he would be required to pay me first.
Probably some brazilian kid that got into his parents stormpay account and thought this would be funny.
Homepage featured auctions on stormpay aint free lol

•••
i still say a valiant attempt at some shameless site promotion, If anyones interested I have some valuable swamp land for sale in south florida

•••
One word: LUCKEEEEEEEEEEEE!

... "I can make that much money in 5 seconds! ... Gosh!" - Napolean Dynamite

Actually I can't. I have made no more than $60 in 8 months from selling websites. You are doing VERY VERY well. Congrats!

•••
I dont see how that site could even be worth more than 1000, could someone please clue me in.

•••
Just got this Reply from stormpay:

Please provide the auction ID of the seller in question. StormPay's Risk Management will then investigate and potentially terminate the user's account. Unfortunately, we cannot force an auction winner to make a payment, however, their account will be dealt with accordingly.

Imagecabin.com said:
I dont see how that site could even be worth more than 1000, could someone please clue me in.

Poker is red hot, and it has an established player base.
I was only hoping to sell it for maybe $15-$20k but this was an auction purely for publicity, I didnt expect anyone to actually buy it, (and as of right now, they still havent)
Im probably gonna relist it with a lower starting bid, and let the guy Ive been talking to bid for it there.

Will keep everyone posted

Thanks for all your input everyone............Even you TT lol

•••
•••
Stormpay screw things up, dont use it! use escrow.com

•••
scam?!

Something in here doesn't smell well, 90k for a not very good domain name and a 1 click template install site front from pokerprofit.com?

(http://www.pokerprofit.com/samples1.phtml)

engineearth: How come all your posts on namepros are about this site?!
engineearth: In case I am wrong, please accept my appologies for this post, but I am seeing too much scam these days and don't trust anyone.

Regards.

•••
how do we compare different auction place? I have not sold any domain names, but I have used ebay and yahoo selling other stuff. I think ebay is still the best place, yahoo does not sell, how about stormpay? Is it better than yahoo auction?

•••
JAugusto said:
Something in here doesn't smell well, 90k for a not very good domain name and a 1 click template install site front from pokerprofit.com?

(http://www.pokerprofit.com/samples1.phtml)

engineearth: How come all your posts on namepros are about this site?!
engineearth: In case I am wrong, please accept my appologies for this post, but I am seeing too much scam these days and don't trust anyone.

Regards.

Question 1) Because I am new here, and this is my only domain besides AcePoker.Biz (I have a post on here abou that too :)

Comment 2) No need to apologize, the world is full of scum :) It appears this monkey that bid my auction (And caused my $28 auction listing to end after 6 hours,) is a little kid or something, have heard nothing from him yet.

Yes it is a site built by PokerProfit.com
The main thing that makes it worth something (the domain aint that great, i dont think) is that we have a decent amount of players (92)+ and that we have done some decent advertising of the site (although we are by no means experts at promotion) and of course the free lifetime hosting of the site, $0 cost to run, and it makes a profit each month :)

Thanks everyone again for your comments
James

cache said:
how do we compare different auction place? I have not sold any domain names, but I have used ebay and yahoo selling other stuff. I think ebay is still the best place, yahoo does not sell, how about stormpay? Is it better than yahoo auction?

Stormpay is decent. I dont like Ebay because I hate PayPal.
Stormpay has alot of garbage in it though, but it does have some decent sellers with good feedback, etc. Just not as much stuff as ebay.
Also be careful buying items from people on stormpay if they dont have any feedback, are out of the USA, or if the deal seems to good to be true.

Hope this helps!

PS I also hate yahoo auctions. :)

•••
Midano said:
I would've been really skeptical if I were you. Anyone wants to bet on this transaction not reaching the happy-end?
I hope I'm wrong, but don't count your chickens just yet.

The only thing is, that you must have a valid credit card registered to bid with StormPay, which makes it more difficult to get away with things.

•••
If a buyer do a chargeback, your winning percentage is 0%. Stormpay CANNOT reverse a chargeback. PLUS you will pay $35 stormpay fee.

Due to that, I had just complaint to the ceo of stormpay, and rick (CS support) and trish (account department) are both being fired for not understanding my case and lead to my financial lost.

•••
Congrats for the nice sale. :tu: Wish you good luck again next time!

•••
nice deal, dont know about the guy will never show up.

•••
congrats on a nice sale :) Good job! I am currently on the verge of finishing a couple of projects myself, no plans on selling them just yet though..

•••
•••
Congratulations!
You are a rich man now!

•••
engineearth said:
(And caused my $28 auction listing to end after 6 hours,)
At very least, you should ask for a relisting for paying this premium!

•••
Have any of you read this thread? Why are you congratulating him, when the sale is in most likely hood not going to go through? Please read the thread next time, and not just spam "Congrats" at the end of sale threads.

As for the actual topic of the thread, I would say to just forget this whole situation, move on, and maybe post it for sale in another couple of months, after this whole issue has disappeared.

Tom

•••
jeter4982 said:
Have any of you read this thread? Why are you congratulating him, when the sale is in most likely hood not going to go through? Please read the thread next time, and not just spam "Congrats" at the end of sale threads.

As for the actual topic of the thread, I would say to just forget this whole situation, move on, and maybe post it for sale in another couple of months, after this whole issue has disappeared.

Tom

:lol: Good point ..... Shall we guess why ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back