NameSilo

Just sold for $90,000 -- Sale didn't go through

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just sold my website/business for $90,000 on stormpay.

Not sure of the buyers identity, as I havent heard back from him yet (Just happened 5 minutes ago) But he is from Brazil.

From what I understand he is now legally obligated to purchase it now (Stormpay policy)

Anyone have any input on this? Here is the link
http://www.stormpay.com/stormpay/user/user_auctions.php?l=132643396

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations on that sale! May I ask what website/domain you are selling?

Nevermind, just used the link. On auctions, generally a buyer enters a contract which says if you bid you must pay.

•••
Wow you're a rich man now!!

congrats

•••
Thanks,

That is if the buyer pays. Im not too familiar with how it would work if he didnt....Would I sue? I have no idea :notme:

Kinda a annoyance if he is not serious, since I had several other people asking me questions about the auction, and it was a $35 auction listing.

Thanks for the comments

•••
congrats dude!. I wish i could do that

•••
I would've been really skeptical if I were you. Anyone wants to bet on this transaction not reaching the happy-end?
I hope I'm wrong, but don't count your chickens just yet.

•••
believe me, im 99% sure this is some moron pulling my chain, etc.

His profile says he is from brazil. I havent heard from him yet, he used the buy now button about an hour ago.

Anyone with experience on NonPaying Buyers etc?

THanks!!!

•••
engineearth said:
Just sold my website/business for $90,000 on stormpay.

Not sure of the buyers identity, as I havent heard back from him yet (Just happened 5 minutes ago) But he is from Brazil.

From what I understand he is now legally obligated to purchase it now (Stormpay policy)

Anyone have any input on this? Here is the link
http://www.stormpay.com/stormpay/user/user_auctions.php?l=132643396

Thanks in advance

Congratulations!

I hope the buyer is serious because "legally obligated" is always a challenge to prove and "enforce," especially if the buyer is from another country.

keep us updated.

•••
I will post here as soon as I get any response from him :)

I got another serious buyer on the side who is considering buying the site, if this guy does not.(not for that price though) He is willing to do the deal in person, and is from USA. So im not too worried.

I didnt even really want that much for the site, it was more of a publicity stunt listing it on the auction for that high of a price.

•••
TheAuction said:
Cost to operate this site per month is $0.00

Eh?

Anyway, I'll give 6:1 in vBookie that it turns into an unhappy event, but I'll hope otherwise.

•••
Whether it's legit or not ....... I wouldn't use Stormpay or Paypal for any transactions of this type. Any thing over 500-1,000 $ and you need to look toward Escrow.com or another Escrow service through "Real" reputable Banks and Institutions.

Hopefully this is legit for you - but as most have said already .... Don't count your eggs before they are in the basket.

•••
all4cost said:
Hopefully this is legit for you - but as most have said already .... Don't count your eggs before they are in the basket.

And don't let others count them for you either ;)

all4's right.

•••
Good job on the sale... BUT - I wouldn't announce it until the money's in your account.

I've had plenty of domain deals fall through w/non-payers...

•••
I hope he is a real buyer! :)
Congratulation my friend!! ;)

•••
I'm not sure how much "legal obligation" means to someone from Brazil, but for your sake, I hope the purchase is legit.

•••
I think since the contract is between the buyer and the auction company, then the company may be able to pursue serious legal action if the guy doesn't pay his end.
Whether from brazil or not he's entered a contract. If brazilians werent allowed to enter this contract it would be stated, if not, he's bound to it.

•••
i dont get it. bidding hystory 0, why he went up so much?????
anyway my best congradulations to you. Good job.

•••
thats a nice site btw...

•••
Thanks, but I didnt build the site. Our players love the software though, and the webpage is pretty informative on the content of the poker room.

Still no reply from this guy. He does have 3 days however. :) The other person im talking to is willing to pay $40,000 for the site right now, If the Brazilian doesnt come thru.

Like I said, I didnt even want that much for the site..... I probably would have taken about 10-15K . But if they are willing to pay, Im willing to accept their offer :)

•••
Shorty said:
I think since the contract is between the buyer and the auction company, then the company may be able to pursue serious legal action if the guy doesn't pay his end.
Whether from brazil or not he's entered a contract. If brazilians werent allowed to enter this contract it would be stated, if not, he's bound to it.

:lol:
Not quite.

•••
imo, both are scamming you. don't speak about obligations, whos going to go after the guy in brazil

•••
I made a support ticket in stormpay, and asked them what would happen if someone didnt pay for this auction (I mentioned the amount of sale, his location, etc) I got this reply
Doesnt really tell me much lol

Hello,

If you sell your website through StormPay and the buyer does not make payment you can submit a claim.

After logging into your account, on the left menu bar in the account overview section, click on “Claim Center”. You will then be given simple instructions on how to file your claim. This process will forward your claim directly to our Claims Management Department for immediate action.

Irrespective, StormPay will always investigate and take whatever action is necessary to prevent on-line fraud. It is our goal to ensure that StormPay remains an industry leader in the safe and secure processing of your on-line transactions. Thank you for being a valued StormPay customer.

•••
engineearth said:
The other person im talking to is willing to pay $40,000 for the site right now, If the Brazilian doesnt come thru.

Sell.

•••
nice answer :))))))
i never heared about this auction, but i already like them :)
thanks for sharing, and good luck again.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back