IT.COM

sales Just in Time for Halloween - Missing High End of Market Produced a Scary Week of Domain Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. This was one of the slowest weeks of the year to date and perhaps it is fitting that such a “scary” week of domain sales would come with Halloween dead ahead! The highest sale reported this week was $35,000 (for a domain from the ever popular 3-letter .com category) and only ten reported sales reached five figures. Five of those were .coms and five were ccTLDs (an especially good week for the country code domains who apparently have no fear of ghosts and goblins!) . You can get all of the details here: http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2016/20161102.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow! almost all the sales are from SEDO?

This is very telling. isn't it?

•••
•••
The others didn ' t report?

Or is their new LP design not as bad as we thought?

•••
Relevant posts removed and/or moved by mods to some distant baron thread because they didn't like the message, even though those posts received "likes" and replies from other participants here. Sounds like the mods heard from the crybaby himself. The post made a good point, and educated some members here.

Last edited:
•••
The fact they are mostly from Sedo isn't that surprising given the week coincides with their monthly "great domains" auction. ;)

•••
The fact they are mostly from Sedo isn't that surprising given the week coincides with their monthly "great domains" auction. ;)

in a monthly report of sales
that would occur every month
( monthly great sale )

•••
in a monthly report of sales
that would occur every month
( monthly great sale )
Yeah .. but the DNJ quoted above is weekly. So once every four weeks or so when Sedo's main (great domains) auction ends they'll be more likely to dominate that specific weekly chart. ;)

EDIT: However .. I just checked the actual dates of the report and it's for sales ending Oct 23 .. and I think their great domains auction ended on the 26th or 27th ... so in fact, their great domains auction had nothing to do with it in the end .. just their regular activity it seams .. so extra impressive they'd get such a large proportion on a week their GD auction didn't end.

Last edited:
•••
Wow! almost all the sales are from SEDO?

This is very telling. isn't it?

I agree, it is very telling. Personally, I don't trust other auction entities such as Flippa and Snapnames, based on documented history. Perhaps that feeling has spread through the ranks of the domainer community, which largely fuels the auction market. Frankly, I don't trust Ron Jackson either.

•••
I completely agree with you

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back