IT.COM

Just curious ... do you have any domain at greatdomains.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi all,

everything is in the title !

This is a kind of dream for me : "one of my domain names advertized at Greatdomains" :)

If you can tell us what is/are the domain(s) you have there, do it !

Thx

GrΓ©goire.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've had FILE.NET on there for a while. I've had a few offers on the name, but none have come from being listed at GD. (Maybe because they decided to list it at $20,000!)

•••
i don't have domains there

•••
I don't have one on GreatDomains,but one of mine was selected for the Top Names section on Sedo espaΓ±ol:
DiseΓ±o.com-design.com in Spanish.
I've gotten 4 offers,but haven't taken one yet.

Matt

•••
got a couple, havent heard a peep. I'm hoping though because all are priced pretty good.

•••
I had a domain "accepted"..
but.. I ended up selling it on my own..
prior to agree'ing to the Terms & Conditions
with GDomains..

name:
Adopting.us

•••
18 0r 19

I have the following posted at GreatDomains.com

Conventions.cc
Birthdays.tv
Interests.tv
Engines.tv
Barbiturates.net
Alignments.net
Amphitheaters.net
Circulates.net
Consigned.net
Depressants.net
Burnable.net
Separtes.net
Lyricists.org
Organizations.tv
Telephones.tv
Tricks.tv
Baths.tv
Calendars.tv
Postings.biz (accepted, but never listed)

As you see, no .coms. Hard to find a good one they will accept. Also, they push .tvs, since GreatDomains.com and the .Tv Corporation are both owned by VeriSign, iif I am correct.

These are all listed from $5,000 to $20,000 for Telephones.tv.

Don't ask me how Great Domains decides to accept a name, other than they want generic names. Most, or all of they have a terrible Overture ranking.

It's no big deal to have them on there, unless you sell one. As far as I know, I haven't even had an offer on any of them. Spent a lot of money on .tv's, not a penny in return. It would have to be a super good .tv name for me to register one now. Plus, .tv's have a 2 year minimum. None has been posted longer than a year.

You can get one on there pretty easy, you just have to concentrate on 1 word generic domain names.

Good luck, hope this helps.

•••
Got a few 2 character names there and nab.net, margin.net, plots.net, worked.net.

Havent heard a thing from them in a year....

They didnt accept a few of my 2 character .coms, which is strange as they have sold a couple already.... :|
Even refused some decent lettered 3 letter .coms and their are some bad ones on there...

Theyve accepted my 562.com but I have yet to send off their agreement fax.

Their listing policy is a mystery...

•••
I had a 3-letter .com accepted, but I just sold it outside of their service so no point in me completing all the paperwork now.

•••
knarfmusik said:
I have the following posted at GreatDomains.com

Conventions.cc
Birthdays.tv
Interests.tv
Engines.tv
Barbiturates.net
Alignments.net
Amphitheaters.net
Circulates.net
Consigned.net
Depressants.net
Burnable.net
Separtes.net
Lyricists.org
Organizations.tv
Telephones.tv
Tricks.tv
Baths.tv
Calendars.tv
Postings.biz (accepted, but never listed)

As you see, no .coms. Hard to find a good one they will accept. Also, they push .tvs, since GreatDomains.com and the .Tv Corporation are both owned by VeriSign, iif I am correct.

These are all listed from $5,000 to $20,000 for Telephones.tv.

Don't ask me how Great Domains decides to accept a name, other than they want generic names. Most, or all of they have a terrible Overture ranking.

It's no big deal to have them on there, unless you sell one. As far as I know, I haven't even had an offer on any of them. Spent a lot of money on .tv's, not a penny in return. It would have to be a super good .tv name for me to register one now. Plus, .tv's have a 2 year minimum. None has been posted longer than a year.

You can get one on there pretty easy, you just have to concentrate on 1 word generic domain names.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Yeah u have spent a lots on those .tvs. Too bad :(.

Best of luck

When i registered .tv's i paid for only 1 year and never renewed it ;)

•••
I haven't paid for any of the 2nd year's registration......yet. But, reading their agreement, it says " if you use a credit card, they reserve the right to automatically rebill for the 2nd year's registration". Guess I'll just have to wait and see!!! If I could only sell one........

•••
I have
cupid.tv
scholar.tv
fire.tv
ideal.tv
keno.tv
spirit.tv
teenage.tv
exk.com
cxk.com
dxk.com
cxh.com,
and I sold plasma.tv for $20k there.
Their taste look a little weird, they only accept one worder and refuse any other terms no matter how good the terms are, for example they did not accept one of my favorite .tv autoracing.tv because they considered it is a 2-worder domain.

•••
NewInDomains said:
Hi all,

everything is in the title !

This is a kind of dream for me : "one of my domain names advertized at Greatdomains" :)

If you can tell us what is/are the domain(s) you have there, do it !

Thx

GrΓ©goire.

Bankers.us

Check.us

Indian.us

•••
Wait, just to clarify, does the seller set the price of listed domains or does GreatDomains set that price? And either way, what % does GD get on a sale?

•••
GreatDomains.com

GreatDomains set the price. You can accept or not accept price they came up with. The minimum they list for is $5,000.00. If you accept the price they come up with, they will email you a contract. You have to sign, and fax back. They get 10% of the selling price.

They will tell what the minimum is they can accept. For example, for a domain listed for $10,000, they can accept an offer for down to $5,000. I'm not sure if they would ask you first, or just accept it. I do you if they want to accept something below $5,000, then they have to ask you if you would accept.

All this is in the contract they e-mail you. Now this is all based on the way I understand it. If anybody knows different, let us know. I can also email someone a copy of one of my contracts, if they would like to reda it in detail.
I hopr this helps.

•••
WoW!!!

Wow!! Yesonline. I saw Plasma.tv listed on there!!!! That's greta to know, gives me hope!!! Of course, Plasma was a pretty good word!!

Great!!!! :$:

•••
When some one put a bid on your domain, greatdomains.com will email you and ask you if you want to accept or not, and you may make a counter offer also.

•••
Houston.TV

I have Houston.TV at Great Domains.

•••
Has any other - besides "Plasma.TV", purchased by fellow member Elequa I believe (reading the testimonial now on the top right of their home page) - ".TV" domain name ever been sold at GreatDomains, if anyone knows? Perhaps I'm simply overlooking it there on the site. :|

You are correct! In this light, I wonder if the overall intent with respect to the prominence of ".TV" listings there is to actually sell these domains -OR- to promote the registrations of the extension (which would benefit the .TV Corp. / Verisign greatly)?!? :blink:
Thanks for any insight.
B-)

•••
I submitted weblottos.com just now so hopefully they list that.

GOD BLESS

•••
Vegas.tv

There is one other Vegas.tv. I think there overall intention is to not only sell .tvs (currently 266 out of a total 957 listings, 241 which are .coms), but to of course promote their whole .tv image or presence on the internet market.

They currently have MTV.tv, TNT.tv, PAX.tv, NBA.tv, and MLB.tv as some of their customers. If you look at their site, I think they hope to someday be bigger than .coms!!! If you think about it...GreatDomains.com, Verisign.com, and .Tv corp has to be pretty big.

But hey, I don't care, as long as I can sell just one.... that's all it would take to go from a negative to a positive. I also noticed today that they are now listing Spanish words, like Juegos.tv. So, apparently they are going after that market too. I tried about 20 or so words in Spanish. They are definately up on it, since these listed anywhere from $100 to $1000 (a year!!!). Deportivo.tv, which is "sports" in spanish, lists for $1,000 per year. In english, they have Real.tv for sale for $250,000 a year!!! There are still a lot of good words you would never find as a .com, but of course you have to be willing to gamble, and put up at least $50 per .tv up front.

Whew, is that enough?? Once gain, what do I know... I have 18 there, and can't sell one!!!

:cy:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back