IT.COM

Just bought TheCryptoasset.com & wonder when "The" is best used? TheExampleWord.com <- Tend to sell

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Super-Annuation

#Top Member
Impact
So I just snapped up TheCryptoasset.com and I'm wondering when it's best to throw in the word The.

Some name sales below show that it appears 'The' followed by a single noun sell well enough. So why is that and when should it be done?

2015 / / TheRecroom.com - $89.000
2013 / / TheCompany.com - $37,500
2013 / / TheExchange.com - $36.000
2015 / / TheGoat.com - $35,000
2016 / / The number - $30,000
2015 / / TheColosseum.com - $18,000

From DNPrice.es

There are many more, from say 2000 - 2016/7.

Anyway, curious as to whether I should try and find a word with 'The' haha

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Is it possible to share how much you paid for it?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Good find but you are comparing three word .com domain with two word domains.

•••
Not that bad! I turned down a xxxx for my TheAutodriver.com after it had been regged a week. ”The” is not too old-school not too generate interest. Luck and advertising is the key 😁.

•••
•••
I am not really feeling it personally.

It is not bad, but I also don't really consider those comps as very relevant. They are all very strong 2 word .COM.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Reg price

Literally just registered it this afternoon

Lucky, right?

I wish you good luck. I literally have no idea how much of interest you will get for it, but as the owner of Cryptoasset.com I find it a good surprise to see a domainer registering a variation. I can tell you the 2 word dot com generates a lot of interest.

•••
I wish you good luck. I literally have no idea how much of interest you will get for it, but as the owner of Cryptoasset.com I find it a good surprise to see a domainer registering a variation. I can tell you the 2 word dot com generates a lot of interest.
I had it pegged as a single word. Like Taxonomy of Cryptoassets

•••
Also, such a cool name. You've scored brilliantly!

•••
for me i guess it depends on the situation
me gotz TheDigitalAssets.com for $xx

and now my username choice currently @TheMainnet because after trying many two worders, there is none available better than "the" IMO

-have a special day

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back