Dynadot

Jan 3rd 2008 DomainTools.com Online Auction Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DotWeekly

DotWeekly FounderVIP Member
DotWeekly Staff
Impact
Ok, we finally have official word from DomainTools.com about the online auction they will be having.

Date: Jan. 3, 2008
Place: DomainTools.com (Online Only)
Time: 11:00 am PT

You can submit up to 20 domains total. For more info, please see the following link.

http://www.domaintools.com/live-auction/ (you must be logged in)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Jeff said:
Congrats, Yofie! :$: :music:

-Jeff B-)

Cool, i take it is for builderloans :)

•••
Jeff said:
Congrats, Yofie! :$: :music:

-Jeff B-)
Thank you!

I stick by my "Low Price starting bid" and attract bidders and can create a bidding war. ;)

•••
You created a FRENZY, Yofe! :talk: :kickass:

PS. Some good ones coming up!! :lala: :snaphappy:

Last edited:
•••
•••
10% sell through rate - ouch.

•••
•••
16 domains sold in auction. Currently 2 more with bids after auction.
BuilderLoans.com was the highest sold at $8,000 being bid up $7K.

9 TampaCar.com $2,000
12 Grampa.com $2,900
38 NewHavenHousing.com $1,000
39 PasadenaHousing.com $1,000
40 RichmondHousing.com $1,000
41 MadisonHousing.com $1,000
47 KwanzaaGifts.com $2,500
50 AnaheimHousing.com $1,000
56 BuilderLoans.com $8,000
70 ArlingtonHousing.com $1,000
76 Untrue.com $3,000
88 Fenway.org $1,000
118 92010.com $1,000
152 HeyGoodLooking.com $1,000
164 HivVirus.com $3,500
166 EastTimor.org $900

Total $31,800 (DT's profit $3,180)

After Auction bids

4 Adverting.info $499
75 NationalIdCard.com $3,400

Total $3,899 (DT's profit $380.90) this could be these, but I am not sure when the 10% reduction in price takes place and the 9% selling fee.

I never thought I would hold the highest domain sold.... but I guess I can't say I never had that happen anymore. I would of thought my GenuineGold.com for $1K really would of got bids... 10 yrs old, #2 on google.. For a gold seller, it's a great domain. For the price of gold.... $1K is a Steal..

•••
Congrats Yofie.

I had anticipated bids on GenuineGold as well and a higher ending price for EastTimor.

•••
Pfft - not much you can say about those auction results......

...apart from Congrats Yofie :)

So do you guys think this 60 day contract has anything to do with it ?

•••
I think they need to use new methodology to determine what names are to be auctioned and what starting price is necessary. Moniker has the same problem.

•••
$1,000 :sold:

Sweet dreams tonight! :xf.love: :zzz:
-Jeff B-)

•••
I just wanted to update, that the escrow process has started already for BuilderLoans.com ...Process seems very simple.

Add the auth code,
Select payment
Done..

One little problem for me, there was only Wire-Transfer option for me, and I wanted to get paid another way. A quick call and that was taken care of.

•••
Yofie said:
I just wanted to update, that the escrow process has started already for BuilderLoans.com ...Process seems very simple.

Add the auth code,
Select payment
Done..

One little problem for me, there was only Wire-Transfer option for me, and I wanted to get paid another way. A quick call and that was taken care of.

Considering less than 20 domains sold - I cant imagine there is the same issues as last time... should be quick.

•••
Quick!

Yofie said:
Add the auth code,
Select payment
Done..

:bingo:

Easy as pie, and I selected the payment via Paypal option! :$: :music:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
:bingo:

Easy as pie, and I selected the payment via Paypal option! :$: :music:
-Jeff B-)
That's the payment I wanted but it wasn't in for an option. Not sure if it had to do with the amount or what.

Just an FYI, if you select paypal payment, it will come in the form of an echeck (3-5 hold to clear) and a fee of up to $5.

•••
Yofie said:
Just an FYI, if you select paypal payment, it will come in the form of an echeck (3-5 hold to clear) and a fee of up to $5.

^ Good to know (I have experience wth the Paypal "echeck"), thanks much Yofe! :tu:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Congrats Yofie

My advice as always - spend the proceeds unwisely :)

•••
Congrats Yofie. Great domain name.

•••
Update:
Received and accepted incoming transfer request / authorization to have domain name moved over to DT's registrar & escrow ... currently in Status: PENDING TRANSFER. :gl: :talk:

-Jeff B-)

•••
Is yours all completed, Yofe? :talk:

Domain has now completed its transfer to their DRT's Enom account ... and Ms. Susan has emailed me to verify my Paypal address, so that's the latest (which is good) with me! :lala: :imho:

-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
Is yours all completed, Yofe? :talk:

Domain has now completed its transfer to their DRT's Enom account ... and Ms. Susan has emailed me to verify my Paypal address, so that's the latest (which is good) with me! :lala: :imho:

-Jeff B-)
I got paypal payment on Sunday via eCheck so Just waiting for that to clear. It should be cleared by Friday at the lastest is my guess.

•••
•••
EG.domains said:
The Live Auction is still going on! (according to DomainTools homepage)

New Sold Domains:

BankruptcyAttorney.org $2500
From my understanding.... Any domain that gets a bid, will be run (finished) in there next live auction, which Jay said is going to be in February. Since it's almost Feb, I'm not sure what he's waiting for, but we will see. From talking with the DT people, they said they would announce something after DomainFest for a date for the next auction.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back