Dynadot

I've finally listed domains on Afternic. Have I done the right thing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

peace800

Established Member
Impact
I've finally listed my domains on Afternic as make offer. I'm using uniregistry landing pages for direct offers but I thought i'd use Afternic for some extra exposure but I still need reassurance from you guys who have sold on afternic?

1. I've listed my domains. After 10 minutes they are still not showing on afternic even though they say they are listed and they are not showing on godaddy searches either. Is this normal, does it take time?

2. Some domains are under review so i've emailed aftenic support to look into this, is this normal?

3. I've left floor price blank and make offer as the default 20. If someone makes an offer on my domains will I automatically be notified or does a broker email asking me to set a floor or sales price?

4. Do they pay by paypal for under 10000 and anything over it's via wire transfer? Do they make payments to international banks too, I assume? Also there is no 2 step security verification at afternic, is it still safe?

5. And generally is this approach of having a landing page (uniregistry etc) and also listing on Afternic a good way to go?

Thanks guys really need to hear your views!!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The listed domains aren't appearing at afternic and it's been 5 or so hours since i listed them. They are showing as being listed in my portfolio.

•••
Afternic updates are done in bulk at 9pm pacific time midnight eastern time zone, for names you list on afternic to appear in godaddy.
Maybe it is same for names within afternic, but let us know when they show as active.

Are they pending in your control panel still?

•••
Afternic updates are done in bulk at 9pm pacific time midnight eastern time zone, for names you list on afternic to appear in godaddy.
Maybe it is same for names within afternic, but let us know when they show as active.

Are they pending in your control panel still?

Thanks will do. They are showing as listed in control panel so I'm hoping theyl be available on afternic in a few hours.

I have under review domains too and I've emailed afternic support so that they can list them.

I'm using Uniregistry landers for direct sales but I'm listing on afternic as make offer for added exposure.

I hope this proves to be successful.

•••
Maybe cookies too. Is anything showing at afternic.com/domain/putyournamehere.com

•••
Maybe cookies too. Is anything showing at afternic.com/domain/putyournamehere.com
Yes they are showng when I put them in the url you posted.

But not when I search for them from the main afternic home page.

•••
It can take 24 hours sometimes, possibly more.

•••
They are appearing now. Just waiting for them to be linked at godaddy now.

What will happen if someone makes an offer? Will I get notified or will a broker ask me to set a floor or buy price?

Also should i increase my minimum offer from the default 20?

•••
They are now appearing in godaddy search buy are automatically listed in godaddy auctions. They also prompt the potential buyer that they have to pay a fee of 3.99 just to submit an offer! Is this normal?

Wouldn't this put the buyer off that they have to pay a fee just to make an offer?

My domains are listed as make offer.

•••
do you have a link to this fee of 3.99 to make offer? or example name we can follow

Make offer is good. Expect afternic to email u occasionally to set floor price. I ignore that

•••
The beauty of Afternic is you don't need to point there to make sales as their distribution is strong. https://www.afternic.com/domain-reseller-network So you can continue to do your own thing with someone that doesn't hide buyer name, email, phone like bodis, uniregistry, efty, domainmarketpro, your own script etc... and occasionally you'll get a price request. Most don't amount to anything for me but then occasionally sold and then I question should I have gone higher because the first price I put in they buy it. :ROFL:

2. Some domains are under review so i've emailed aftenic support to look into this, is this normal?

Unfortunately yes, I always have to email to get everything in or they stay in pending status for months.

3. I've left floor price blank and make offer as the default 20. If someone makes an offer on my domains will I automatically be notified or does a broker email asking me to set a floor or sales price?

They will ask ya to set prices per inquiry, think my minimum is 750 as I don't sell anything under high xxx so don't wanna be bothered with low offers. So depends what type of seller you are how ya set that.

5. And generally is this approach of having a landing page (uniregistry etc) and also listing on Afternic a good way to go?

If you could only list on 1 aftermarket Afternic would be my choice due to their distribution network being the 800 lb gorilla in the room. Most of my sales come direct as in the past I've pointed them to Bodis sales pages and Uniregistry sales pages. More recent times I've used efty sales pages, domainmarketpro sales pages, marketplace script on my own hosting.

Last edited:
•••
The beauty of Afternic is you don't need to point there to make sales as their distribution is strong. So you can continue to do your own thing on bodis, uniregistry, efty, domainmarketpro, your own script etc... and occasionally you'll get a price request. Most don't amount to anything for me but then occasionally sold and then I question should I have gone higher because the first price I put in they buy it. :ROFL:

Unfortunately yes, I always have to email to get everything in or they stay in pending status for months.

They will ask ya to set prices per inquiry, think my minimum is 750 as I don't sell anything under high xxx so don't wanna be bothered with low offers. So depends what type of seller you are how ya set that.

If you could only list on 1 aftermarket Afternic would be my choice due to their distribution network being the 800 lb gorilla in the room. Most of my sales come direct as in the past I've pointed them to Bodis sales pages and Uniregistry sales pages. More recent times I've used efty sales pages, domainmarketpro sales pages, marketplace script on my own hosting.

As always awesome advice Jay. Really so helpful and you really make things easier and encouraging for domainers looking to do well in this industry.

And thanks to everyone else also. Your advice is extremely helpful.

•••
Hi,

I've recently listed my domanis of Afetrnic as Make Offer.

Today, I received a "price request" by Afternic Sales Executive because there would be a prospect interested on my domain name. They invited me to set the BIN price and the Floor Price within 48 hours.

I wonder if the BIN price goes to the "public", or remains reserved between me and the potential buyer for this specific bargain.

N:B: I've never used Afternic before. O_o

Last edited:
•••
I am considering setting up an account with Afternic, and listing a few of my domain names there. A few questions that I hope someone experienced with Afternic can help with...

(1) If I list on Afternic, should I make sure not to list it anywhere else (i.e. should I take it down from Efty or Undeveloped, e.g.)? There is a discussion on this at the following link, which seems to imply you can list more than one place, as long as you make sure that the price is the same. Even though chance is low, it seems wrong to potentially list it two places with BIN as two people could simultaneously buy it?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/listing-names-simultaneously-on-afternic-godaddy-and-sedo.806805/

(2) Is it still OK to list on my own website, as long as I don't have a BIN link for that domain and instead only direct people to the Afternic listing?

(3) If a domain has recently transferred (or been recently registered) should I wait until the 60 day ICANN period is over before listing on Afternic? Is the answer different if it is a Premium Network Fast Transfer, or still need to wait the 60 days.

(4) Any other advice?

Thanks,

Bob

•••
(1) You may list everywhere... but Make Offer mode is more safe in this case.
(2) OK.
(3) No, you may list at any time.
(4) Don't lose 20% for nothing.

•••
Thanks so much, @Jurgen Wolf . After reading the reply, I suddenly realize why Make Offer (on all but one listing place) is more safe. Once I get an offer, I can take down the other listings before accepting it, so there is no chance of a double sale.

I have thought about (4) but think I will try a few to see if the big network will help me find some interest.

•••
(4) Any other advice?

Thanks,

Bob

I've listed on Afternic ONLY to get exposure, becuase I built my own website, and mini-sites for each domain name.

Anyway, the day after I published my domain names I've got an inquire to wich I should answer yet. But It seems a bit strange, because the interested person could reach via my own address e-mail, then we could bargain directly.

Last edited:
•••
It is not strange...
Some buyers prefer anonymous/marketplace mode to get better price... because Seller doesn't see/understand "who" wants the domain and can't research a potential budget of the Buyer etc.

Only direct negotiations can produce the best sales.

Last edited:
•••
Well, there are other anonymous ways to make an inquiry in domaining: a generic e-mail, a middleman, ecc

Last edited:
•••
They don't want to talk/communicate at all...
They are interested just to bid and to buy without any conversations.

Last edited:
•••
Well to know these things :cat:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back