NameSilo

Your advice needed on listing as make offer on Afternic please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

peace800

Established Member
Impact
I'm thinking about listing some domains on afternic as make offer and would appreciate your advice guys?

1. If you list them as make offer on afternic do you still get exposure particularly to end users?

2. Do any of you make regular sales on afternic as make offer?

3. How do they pay you. Is it escrow and do they provide a sales contract? Do they do buyer verification?

4. Can you keep your sales private or are they made public?

Thanks guys really need your advice as I'm using Uniregistry make offer landing pages but I'm now thinking of listing them as make offer on afternic too to increase chances of selling.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I bump this post because I am also interested in your questions. Let some NP friends tells their opinion.

•••
•••
I always put prices with mine. I get the idea that someone seeing a make offer listing with no price makes them think “this guy probably wants way too much for this domain” so adding a price gives people an idea. Of course how you price it is a different story.

I’ve made a handful of sales at afternic and all have been via buy it now prices.

For payment, I always use PayPal but I imagine they allow escrow.

Sales aren’t posted on namebio so I don’t think they are made public unless you report them to someone.

Good luck!

•••
I had my name listed with a make offer for over a year, but did not have success with it (sold one) - In May this year I changed almost all my names to Bin with the opportunity to make a offer (half of my BIN price) and since then I have sold 6 names. 5 was bought via BIN. The last one I received a offer for and a broker from afternic contacted me and said that he thought my BIN was reasonable and I gave him permission to negotiate on my behalf and 2 days later it was sold to my asking price.

I also get payed through paypal, but I think there are other ways to get payed. They do not make sales public.

•••
IMO each domain is different and each domain need a diferent way to be sold.For example I have “DonLoan(dot)com , so it is supossed to wait a call from a business loan company which may have some money to spend so I put Make offer No BIN, because I think the won’t care spend 1000 than 5000 on his brand. Otherwise, others like I have : dalmatian.xyz , has a BIN of 100$ I think, I will be happy with that 100 because only paid for reg fee. Thats the difference between one domain and other.
Hope it helps.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back