Dynadot

advice I’ve Been Hand Registering Domain Names Recently…

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I%E2%80%99ve-Been-Hand-Registering-Domain-Names-Recently.jpg

When I first got into “domaining”, all I read was how bad the idea of hand registering domain names was. It felt like if you didn’t get a domain name in an auction or catch it on the drop through various companies like Snapnames, Namejet, Dropcatch etc, then the domain name was worthless.

Most of the good domain names never make it to the end of the domain name life cycle. But I also noticed that several people talk about sales that they’ve made through hand registered domain names.

How is this possible if only the crappy domain names make it to the end of the domain name life cycle?

Read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've had decent success selling some hand regs. Definitely total $ made from selling hand reg names over a few years is above $15000

•••
Wow, that's pretty impressive @JudgeMind !

Are you emailing end users for those hand reg and having outbound sales or using other sales channels?

Thanks for sharing!

•••
Wow, that's pretty impressive @JudgeMind !

Are you emailing end users for those hand reg and having outbound sales or using other sales channels?

Thanks for sharing!
A bit of everything, but if priced right I've found godaddy premium listings to work quite well. We all can get attached to our domains and some of us even like buying or registering domains almost more than selling. Not me though, if I can sell a hand registered name over and over and over again for $100-$200 I'm pretty happy!!

•••
^^^^^^ some more tips please

•••
•••
I mean what you basically look for when register .

•••
ok i will check it thank you

•••
domain h
I mean what you basically look for when register .
has to make sense. I only reg.com domains, they need to define something. Many of my handregs ive sold in the past 2 years have been in the tech or VR niche

•••
if I can sell a hand registered name over and over and over again for $100-$200 I'm pretty happy!!

=)

I love that thinking! It's still a VERY GOOD ROI!

•••
A bit of everything, but if priced right I've found godaddy premium listings to work quite well. We all can get attached to our domains and some of us even like buying or registering domains almost more than selling. Not me though, if I can sell a hand registered name over and over and over again for $100-$200 I'm pretty happy!!
Nice info

•••
•••
•••
@JudgeMind , Great input Mate...loved the i/b/e/a/ v ... that was close to home ;) .. keep it up buddy.

•••
If you are in Domaining surely you'll hand register some domains.

•••
Can someone provide most effective email templates, or what information must include in mail (when sending to end user) to convince them.TO CONVERT THEM

•••
Can someone provide most effective email templates, or what information must include in mail (when sending to end user) to convince them.TO CONVERT THEM

There's a 'how to contact end users' thread here @NP, a lot of good info. In a nutshell, if they want the domain they want the domain so the less you write, the less you accidentally piss them off IMO.

•••

Typically my outbound emails go something like this:

Hi there

Would you be interested in buying domainname.com?

Thank you

Name

•••

Hi there

Thank you

Name
staright to the point thanks

•••
staright to the point thanks
I used to spend time making the emails more detailed but found I got more of a response rate with the short approach.

Judge

•••

Hi there

Thank you

Name

Nice. I love it.

If they want, they want it. All of the sales emails that are super long never made sense to me.

-Omar

•••

Hi there

Thank you

Name
What are you putting as the email headline, the domain name?

•••
Thanks guys for sharing your thoughts!

Recently, I found some good names that resold for almost $100-$500, and they become available today!

Do u think those have more value than domains with no historical sales?

•••
Thanks guys for sharing your thoughts!

Recently, I found some good names that resold for almost $100-$500, and they become available today!

Do u think those have more value than domains with no historical sales?

Awesome! Great ROI!

•••
Of course you can still hand reg names. I picked up mumslog.com this morning for reg fee. I had to look through a thousand or so names to find it though. I reg'd it as a quick flip, but afeter chatting to a few mums in the local McDonalds, I'm tempted to install Drupal on it, and let a bunch of mums post diaries about the activities of their kids.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back