Dominion.Domains

Domain Investment Strategy: Should you hand register domain names?

Labeled as strategy in Domain Industry News started by Josh R, Jun 25, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Josh R

Josh R Owner of BrandConsultants.com & TheDomainBlog.com PRO Blue Account VIP

I recently read a thread discussing domain investment strategy. Members were going back and forth on whether or not hand-registering domain names is a profitable investment strategy… The simple answer is yes, it CAN be. The more detailed answer is that 95% of today’s domain registrations are terrible. A large majority of people DO NOT make money on simply registering domain names, but some people with a disciplined strategy DO make money...{READ MORE}

upload_2018-6-25_11-51-1.png

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. platey

platey Active Member VIP

I only handreg

wouldn't reg a domain nay other way

I enjoy hand registering a domain and search that goes in to buying domain names by hand reg

But by handreging a domain it might cost me a collection of reg fee renewals to get to the same stage of the domain that has probable expired a couple of times etc but I don't mind that as not in any hurry

It's not a race

3. AchillesX

AchillesX Upgraded Member Blue Account

Handreg and only look for cheap deals on auctions. They aren't abundant but you can find them every once in a while.

4. MarketingStrategies.com

MarketingStrategies.com Upgraded Member Gold Account

Only 95%? Makes me wanna hand reg. Thought it's more like 99.99%

5. Josh R

Josh R Owner of BrandConsultants.com & TheDomainBlog.com PRO Blue Account VIP

True. πŸ‘

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  6. dennisok

dennisok Established Member

I hand reg but have not really made money following that part, so I want to try the buying strategy.

7. Sold a good handful of them but I'm a patient seller...

8 year old hand reg=16k
    4 year old hand reg=7.5k
    3 year old hand reg=6.5k
    1 year old hand reg=1k

etc...

Kinda love the challenge of turning $8 and some renewal fees into x,xxx-xx,xxx
    Did more hand regs years ago as had more time combined with less competition back then as well

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!