IT.COM

interviews It's all about domains... with Daniel Negari XYZ

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
.... From buying and selling premium domain names in the aftermarket to becoming the CEO and founder of a successful registry operator.

When and how did the switch happen?

I bought my first domain in the computer lab of my middle school and, after making some money, I started purchasing legacy domain names to develop projects while I was in college. I met a few entrepreneurs through a Southern California Entrepreneurship Academy I joined (SCEA) and heard their stories of having built toys.com and .ws, which subsequently gave me the confidence to know that I could be the next great innovator.

By the time I started building my first business, I had learned that registrar visitors were searching nine times on average before going with their tenth choice, resulting in confusing domain names with numbers and dashes that don’t pass the radio test. That information confirmed a need for a short, affordable and universal ending for domain names to allow individuals to express themselves online. The most popular domain extensions at the time were no longer sufficient. There was an extension missing. One that had unlimited connotation and could be used by anyone, anywhere, for any purpose. I started to dream of creating the .xyz domain extension. I wanted to create a generic, affordable, and available option truly made for anyone. The extension .xyz is whatever you want it to be. It’s a customizable domain extension that is for every website, everywhere. That’s how the XYZ Registry was born.

read more (internetx :: 28.09.2021)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back