IT.COM

discuss It only takes one domain...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
...to make you a Millionaire'

I read this elsewhere within another forum post here on nP recently, and I guess it's stuck with me. As domain name investors, we all know how unpredictable this industry can be, and we all come across times where sales slump or become non-existant.

Next time you feel demotivated and ready to give up, remember that it really 'Only takes one domain to make you a Millionaire'.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is possible, just look at the registration date.

Domain:
block-chain.com
Registration Date:
2014-02-08

Predict the future
No one is saying it is not possible, it is just not common

•••
•••
It is possible, just look at the registration date.

Domain:
block-chain.com
Registration Date:
2014-02-08

Predict the future
Nothing is impossible

•••
•••
•••
•••
Yes folks just keeping regging your best brandable for the next fifty years and you will be a millionaire ........uummmm

•••
Becoming a millionaire and having a million dollars is two things. There are lots of millionaires but not near as many people have a million dollars.

•••
IMO the best way to become a millionaire with one domain is to develop it and build a brand :xf.smile:

•••
•••
If you have 'that domain' please donate it to me. I want to be a Millionaire. :xf.cool:

•••
•••
I think for most domainers it shouldn't be about selling 1 domain out of their portfolio for a million. It should be about selling most domains for x,xxx-xx,xxx. If ya get lucky with xxx,xxx or x,xxx,xxx great but statistically speaking most won't see those numbers based on quality of their domains.

I've sold $8 expired/hand regs for 15+ years all across the board 1k, 3k, 6.5k, 7.5k, 16k etc... so basically all of my sales are 99%+ profit and a good chunk of this income has been reinvested into websites that produce xxx-xxxx a month while I sleep, stock investments, etc... basically a diversified recurring revenue stream. I throw money all over the place so if one sector dries up all my eggs aren't in one basket. It's not how much income ya make it's how ya put that income to work to keep building a recurring revenue stream that builds to your end goal. Doesn't matter if a quick build or a slow build but each year you should see an increase in revenue from the previous year.

If ya outbound, if ya sell on forums you'll always be x into xx, x into xxx or x into xxxx. Which might work for some but when ya factor in your time which most don't it equals a low paying job without benefits. :ROFL: I prefer spending more time thinking like a business and only buying domains that make sense if I was in that business and you can watch sales happen without outbound or forum selling and now all your sales start at the x,xxx range with minimal work.

All I've ever done is buy a good domain, put it on my sales lander, list at sedo, afternic etc... and continue on with life. 90%+ of all of my leads/sales happen direct as that's where I point the domains.

1)Quality Domains
2)Directed To A Sales Page On Your Own Site
3)Distribution Sedo, Afternic etc....
4)Knowing A $1000 domain from a $15000 Domain
5)Knowing When To Pass On An Offer Or Pull The Trigger
6)Reinvesting A Percentage Of Income Into Better Domains, Websites or Diversified Investments etc....

Thought is nice $8 into a million but I see nothing wrong with $8 into x,xxx-xx,xxx as that's still an insane ROI and I've made this range happen quite a bit over the last 15+ years. Can go the plate and swing for a homer and strike out or remain composed/focused and nail the double or triple. Few double or triples reinvested can equal the income of a grand slam.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back