IT.COM

discuss .IT General discussion and showcase

NameSilo
Watch

paolinope29

RENAME.IT - Improve your business, rename it!Established Member
Impact
Hi NP! :)

I have been active for many years on the Italian market domains. If you have questions and technical curiosity, I hope to help you, just ask!

Have you ever invested in the Italian market? Do you have any domain? How many?

Showcase your names if you want! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ConsulenteFilosofico. it

what do you think guys?
this profession have tons of professionals subscribed in the albo

•••
Really? Never heard this job..

•••
can anyone globally invest in .it or are there any limitations ?

•••
European citizens if i'm not wrong, but all buy them (many registrars let you buy, using their info on whois).

Paolo

Last edited:
•••
A little showcase of my names:

Brasile.it
Kitchen.it
Dropship.it
Jalapeno.it
and 1000 more :D

•••
•••
Ok, but i think it's a small niche job, i don't know anyone use this consultants. :)

But maybe it will increase in popularity!
Paolo

•••
Ok, but i think it's a small niche job, i don't know anyone use this consultants. :)

But maybe it will increase in popularity!
Paolo
Yes, it's a small niche job now.
A mid 3 figure sale in the good situation.

•••
•••
Sedo launches Italian language version of site

Sedo launches Italian Website
All Product Pages, Menus, and service pages now available in Italian

This makes Sedo the only global domain marketplace with a fully translated navigation and product page in Italian.

These will be indexed to the appropriate local search engines. This means more potential buyers will find their way to Sedo, when searching for domain-related topic.

Sedo’s credo is “Global reach with a local touch“. By adding the Italian sedo.com website to our portfolio of localized web presences, we aim to keep this promise and connect one more part of the domain world with our products and services.

•••
"it" means Italy or information technology?

•••
•••
Wow, read through the whole thread and not one person had a .it to showcase?

Pm me your best one word English .it domains for sale, (max 5 char). Thanks!

•••
Anyone having problems with nameservers? I have a domain in it and seems the registry does not accept the ns I set

•••
Anyone having problems with nameservers? I have a domain in it and seems the registry does not accept the ns I set

You might find it strange but sometimes, with some cctlds, setting more than 2 nameservers helps.
Try using 3 nameservers or 5

•••
You might find it strange but sometimes, with some cctlds, setting more than 2 nameservers helps.
Try using 3 nameservers or 5
The hosting provider offers only two. I'll ask them.

•••
So, some others that show .IT names?? :)

•••
Hi What are the transfer waiting times/restrictions? The GoDaddy page just said to contact their team. Has anyone successfully transferred one? Was the process smooth? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
by 'transfer' I guess you mean 'register' , correct?

If so, you picked the worst registrar to register an .it domain. It will take a long time until they register it for you (for me they used to register after around 24hrs) so anyone can get the name meanwhile using other registrars who do the registration much quicker (within minutes usually).

I'd rather not mention the other registrars since it will look like I advertise.

•••
Thanks for the info @Hypersot I've paid for the domain and it appears in my list? Have they had problems in the past?

•••
Your domain is still free to register:
upload_2017-7-1_22-24-2.png

As I said, they will probably secure the name after around 24hrs.
That's only my experience with them though and that was about a year ago. I have since switched to other registrars.

•••
Thanks you for letting me know. I will submit a ticket with GoDaddy.

•••
They will tell you that's that how the procedure is, it takes time with the italian registry etc. etc.. I have already done that in the past.

Good luck with the name though. I like it ;)

edit: I just noticed that you also asked about requirements, etc.
You need to be an EU citizen since you'll be asked to provide some EU id. For example, I provided my tax ID number.
If you're not an EU citizen, then you need to see if GoDaddy can give you a contact in Italy (ie. a proxy service).

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @Hypersot :) When I registered it, I had to pay a little extra for .IT Domain Trustee. This sounds like it might be the proxy service you mention. Appreciate all the help.

•••
Any other guys want to share their .IT names? ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back