Dynadot

Issues with Dynadot.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm being told by Dynadot that if I change the settings in my email that I must wait 48 hrs for it to propergate.The only changes I made was to set up mail forwarding and a response message and that shut the whole mailbox down.I thought propergaton was when you change the server settings on damain name and it takes some time for it to change over .First it was an error with the addresss:contact @estigo.com.Now its's this and they want me to upgrade to unlimited errors.Does anybody uses dynadot's email hosting?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can do free email forwarding with Dynadot DNS.

Under Record Type select Email Forward

•••
I'm doing free hosting.They're always having issues.When I set up my free email hosting the email was invaild and could not receive messages.Now they are telling me that every time I change the signature in my email settings, that I must wait 48 hrs for the mailbox to function properly. It makes no sense.If I change the servers,there's a problem.There has not been a smooth moment with them.

Last edited:
•••
I'm doing free hosting.They're always having issues.When I set up my free email hosting the email was invaild and could not receive messages.Now they are telling me that every time I change the signature in my email settings, that I must wait 48 hrs for the mailbox to function properly. It makes no sense.If I change the servers,there's a problem.There has not been a smooth moment with them.
Hello, I'm sorry you're runnin' into issues with our email host!

It won't always be exactly 48 hours for new changes to take effect (usually much shorter), that is just the longest possible time it could take for new settings to propagate so our team just uses that metric to be on the safe side in case it does take a while. Please DM me your username and I'd be more than happy to check into this for you to make sure everything's working okay, and let our engineers know if not!

•••
•••
Email is down again.The auto response is not working.It did yesterday.I need this function because it's very important to what I'm trying to accomplish.

Last edited:
•••
Email is down again.The auto response is not working.It did yesterday.I need this function because it's very important to what I'm trying to accomplish.
I've done some testing and the auto-response seems to be working okay! What I think might be the issue you're running into is if you send an email from the same address while auto-response is on it will only send one auto-response every 4 days (same as Google vacation mode). Try sending from another address and it should be working correctly!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back