IT.COM

discuss Meta is after my Horizon names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just an FYI - Just letting people know that Meta is trying to take my Horizon domains. They dont mention Meta or Facebook .
Meta's domain name guy (Daniel) asked for my list of names after I did some outbound. A week later their attorneys told me I have 7 days to hand over the names. I told them to pound salt.
Interesting enough, they dont care about my Meta names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just an FYI - Just letting people know that Meta is trying to take my Horizon domains. They dont mention Meta or Facebook .
Meta's domain name guy (Daniel) asked for my list of names after I did some outbound. A week later their attorneys told me I have 7 days to hand over the names. I told them to pound salt.
Interesting enough, they dont care about my Meta names.

Tell the attorney you have 7 days to buy it BIN at current price , price wil go higher after ! LOL

•••
Maybe when they done acquiring all Meta trademarks they will come to slaughter all companies who are using the meta+words all in once.
I trademarked my most expensive Meta name.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
This topic of outbounding to trademarked companies has been addressed several times here on Name Pros. Its a HORRIBLE business strategy with common end results such as for that person mentioned in the article. His domain names were solicited to Meta and he got them taken away from him.

•••
Thank you for that post from domaingang -like always- very interesting blog. I missed that.

But Damn... that guy "Mr. Dynas" was soooo hardly spaming meta, a trademark holder of the offered domain names. Unbelivable.
He realy needs to take some lessons of how to outbound and when to outbound for sure.
That was pure spaming and acting VERY unprofessional like kinda cybersquating at its finest.

Look at these phrases:

“25K for all the Horizon names. This is much cheaper than filing a UDRP on all the names I will sign an NDA and never speak of it again. Its a win -win.”

"Good morning. Just as an FYI – I have two Fortune 500 companies contacting me about all these names...."

But the hardest part are the threats:

"
I will:
– Never contact you or Meta again.
– Sign an NDA with a stiff financial penalty for any disclosure.
– I will never register another name associated in any way with your client.
– I will add the Horizon names so your client doesn’t feel like they are buying them.
You know if this goes any further legally it is going to open up me and Meta to undue scrutiny. All the filings will be released and the press will want to talk to me. During the UDRP all our emails will be released. I don’t want that and Im sure you don’t want more bad publicity associated with Meta. The stock is down significantly today, lets do something positive. Don’t let pride or stubbornness get in the way of a great deal for everyone.
This is today only, tomorrow is our deadline.”

Respondent sent thirteen emails and one voice mail to Complainant, while also contacting Complainant’s lawyers fifty-two times, by email and voice messages.

I think he realy should register to namepros and start learning by reading all the threads up here :D

•••
I
Thank you for that post from domaingang -like always- very interesting blog. I missed that.

But Damn... that guy "Mr. Dynas" was soooo hardly spaming meta, a trademark holder of the offered domain names. Unbelivable.
He realy needs to take some lessons of how to outbound and when to outbound for sure.
That was pure spaming and acting VERY unprofessional like kinda cybersquating at its finest.

Look at these phrases:

“25K for all the Horizon names. This is much cheaper than filing a UDRP on all the names I will sign an NDA and never speak of it again. Its a win -win.”

"Good morning. Just as an FYI – I have two Fortune 500 companies contacting me about all these names...."

But the hardest part are the threats:

"
I will:
– Never contact you or Meta again.
– Sign an NDA with a stiff financial penalty for any disclosure.
– I will never register another name associated in any way with your client.
– I will add the Horizon names so your client doesn’t feel like they are buying them.
You know if this goes any further legally it is going to open up me and Meta to undue scrutiny. All the filings will be released and the press will want to talk to me. During the UDRP all our emails will be released. I don’t want that and Im sure you don’t want more bad publicity associated with Meta. The stock is down significantly today, lets do something positive. Don’t let pride or stubbornness get in the way of a great deal for everyone.
This is today only, tomorrow is our deadline.”

Respondent sent thirteen emails and one voice mail to Complainant, while also contacting Complainant’s lawyers fifty-two times, by email and voice messages.

I think he realy should register to namepros and start learning by reading all the threads up here :D
I BELIEVE he is already a member of Name Pros...

•••
I
I BELIEVE he is already a member of Name Pros...

Oh my bad. Then he is at the right place for sure. Don't wanted to blame him. But THAT was a way how domaining never will work for both sides - seller and buyer. Like you said 'his topic of outbounding to trademarked companies has been addressed several times here on Name Pros.'

•••
I am part of NamePros and I have been selling domains since 1997.
This will be my only post -

You don't see the emails from their attorneys - it was a lot of back and forth. It isn't like I emailed them 55 times in a row with no back and forth. Their domain manager, Daniel Madden, asked me to send a list of domains I would like to sell. I was trying to sell my Meta names - I threw in the Horizon names for shits and giggles. After a few weeks their lawyers wanted my horizon names. I told them to hell no. They won.

I lost the reg fee on 13 names - thats it. It was a great learning experience and shit happens.
25 years of selling domains and this is the first UDRP I ever faced.
I will say no more - I dont blame Meta and I dont blame me. It is what it is.

They did not try taking my Meta names. I trademarked MetaMultiverse just in case.

Last edited:
•••
I am part of NamePros and I have been selling domains since 1997.
This will be my only post -

You don't see the emails from their attorneys - it was a lot of back and forth. It isn't like I emailed them 55 times in a row with no back and forth. Their domain manager, Daniel Madden, asked me to send a list of domains I would like to sell. I was trying to sell my Meta names - I threw in the Horizon names for shits and giggles. After a few weeks their lawyers wanted my horizon names. I told them to hell no. They won.

I lost the reg fee on 13 names - thats it. It was a great learning experience and shit happens.
25 years of selling domains and this is the first UDRP I ever faced.
I will say no more - I dont blame Meta and I dont blame me. It is what it is.

Such an self-critical, kindly and respectful answer. Awesome. I really like that.
That is the way you should act with this case. Lesson learned and move on.
Stay positiv. Wish you all the best!

•••
•••
Isn't Horizon a generic word?
The line at which the earth's surface and the sky appear to meet.
"the sun rose above the horizon"

What now no one can hand reg horizon containing domains?

I personally own horeyezone//com because the word Horizon is made out of the eye (Sun) of Horus Egyptian God which travels the sky.

•••
Isn't Horizon a generic word?
The line at which the earth's surface and the sky appear to meet.
"the sun rose above the horizon"

What now no one can hand reg horizon containing domains?

I personally own horeyezone//com because the word Horizon is made out of the eye (Sun) of Horus Egyptian God which travels the sky.
He contacted them. You don’t do that with a trademark holder.

•••
He contacted them. You don’t do that with a trademark holder.

Agreed. And it makes it even more worse that he clearly handregistered these domains only for the reason to sell it to the Trademark holder. (Registered 20-22th of October / First outbound mail at 26th of October according to the lawsuite UDPR).

Last edited:
•••
I think its time to drop all judgment everyone, he had more dignity then most would have given the outcome . We all do silly things sometimes. Move on to your next person to insult if it makes you feel better in life.

Sounds like a closed story. Lesson for him and many.

•••
Godaddy has more "Horizon" names listed for sale than you can shake a stick at. Hmm.

•••
•••
The issue is not horizon the word. The issue is contacting a trademark holder. Not once but 60 times according to Meta. Anyone holding horizon names before the trademark is fine.

Anyone regging after the trademark should be ok as long as they don’t blatantly target the company‘s names and their other trademarks. I would not use a page with ads either. There are likely other horizon marks as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back