Domain Empire

advice Is this a scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MWB

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I've listed a few domains for auction on GoDaddy a few days ago. Got one bid so far, and one inquiry here, all good in that regard.
I also got two emails forwarded through GoDaddy today saying someone would like to contact me about my domain.

They're from different email addresses connected to different websites, but both of them are some variation of logo.website.designer@[website].info

I just thought that was a bit strange, wondering if it might be a phishing scam to try and steal domains. I already replied to one, probably should have used a disposable email address I guess.

Anyway, would love to hear your thoughts if you have any -- I know people can send a request like this via GoDaddy, I just thought it was a bit odd that the addresses were similarly and kind of strangely formatted. Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm going to go with scam, for a few reasons... the similar emails absolutely... but after looking at there website I got some big old red flags... (you hid it in your post haha)

1) They are a logo design company but do not even have a logo for there own business, just text.
2) Spelling on a lot of things is way off.
3) There website was registered in feb of this year.
4) There logo designs in reverse image search look very similar to other overnight logo companies.
5) The .com of there .info site is aval? Why would you do that? lol

I mean I could keep going, LOL... If there is one thing I hate its scammers. I have made it my mission in life to mess with them so much they quit there scamming job... :xf.laugh:

Last edited:
•••
OK, thanks for the input! That makes sense. I did check out the first website and it looked off, shouldn't have used my real email in replying to them lol, I'll review my security. I hate scammers too, I assume you're familiar with the Kitboga but check him out if not, he's full-time invested in wasting their time

Thanks again!

•••
Oh yeah! Kitboga is hilarious! Throw away emails is the name of the game sometimes... Good luck with your sale!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back