NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akhil M

Be Loyal To What MattersEstablished Member
Impact
Hello !

I recently found some Super high end domain names listed at unbelievable and suspiciously super cheap BIN prices at DAN.com. An example :

Screenshot_20210914-114538.jpg

I also found that those Domains are also currently in use by big companies. Is these listings a hoax ?If so how do they manage to get listed at DAN ? Any answer/advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance 😊.

Kind Regards,
Akhil.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably an unscrupulous newbie that doesn't understand how marketplaces work.

•••
•••
•••
Or Scam.

Maybe scammers not getting as obvious?

I’m sure “Face.com” would ring alarms.

Classy move by you, to omit “scam” for “hoax”

Cheers,
Samer

Last edited:
•••
Faces.com for sale, brains not included
yes its bs

guy probably gets 100 dollar offers from people too, they say "I don't want to pay end user pricing, I am a domainer"

Last edited:
•••
•••
It happens all the time, people list domains that they don't own. I bought few of those and ended up getting a refund and closing their accounts.

•••
It happens all the time, people list domains that they don't own. I bought few of those and ended up getting a refund and closing their accounts.

I guess that's what happened here. Sure DAN will refund us in such cases. But the time spend on trying to buy it and then worrying over getting the refunds is an issue. Thanks for sharing your experience.

•••
I guess that's what happened here. Sure DAN will refund us in such cases. But the time spend on trying to buy it and then worrying over getting the refunds is an issue. Thanks for sharing your experience.
You are far too kind.

i wish DAN would fix this issue.

Can you hire human screeners or something?

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Bid $200 and see how it goes, seems expensive

•••
Domaining taught me something.

"If something seems too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true."

It's very important to know how to differentiate a bargain and what simply doesn't make sense at all.
If you were the owner, would you sell Faces.com for $260?

Last edited:
•••
It happen everywhere. The listing is removed. Move on.

•••
Might be that it still gets registered as a sale and shows up on their "Domains Sold" section of their bio, giving the impression they're a successful domain investor.

•••
Might be that it still gets registered as a sale and shows up on their "Domains Sold" section of their bio, giving the impression they're a successful domain investor.

Not in this case. That was a sort of doorway sniffer. A heavy weight scammers do things differently.
Regarding the "domain sold" checkbox - this option should be removed.

Last edited:
•••
Dan doesn't verify ownership of domains when users submit names so people can put any domain name they like.

•••
by the way faces.com is owned by an active company with retail locations according to their about us page and store locator

•••
What a deal!? I would definitely get this one. gl. :)

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back