Domain Empire

question Is there a website where we can Pawn our DOMAIN?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

karjren

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Perhaps you should start one!

•••
Perhaps you should start one!
I have been thinking about it already but It will really need some investors. I can develop the website but I don't have the financial capacity to pay for the domain that they will pawn :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
A bad sign for the domain market. If the market goes down (never happen???) then leverage is oil on the fire, could destroy the entire market.

Occasional borrowing to bridge personal issues is not a problem, but If thousands of small investors buy domains, pawn them, and use the proceeds to buy more domains the crash would be spectacular.

•••
eName is now entering the financial sector of the Internet, and will be launching a P2P-based domain lending service in the near future.

The Chinese seem to like this idea too.

•••
Try Lend.Me Owned by Francois of Domaining.com

•••
Namepros thread mentions inteLend.com

Apparently they are operating illegally with no licenses whatsoever.

They also happen to spam domain owners left, right and center with unwanted emails... offering loans.

I've never used such a service, nor will I.

But I will say that domainers should stay away from this unlicensed financial service provider.

•••
what kind of interest does lend.me and intelend.com charge?

•••
•••
Ever play no limit poker?

It's all fun until the other guy bets more than you have. Then you are out -- regardless how good your hand is.

That's the lender in this. If the market moves faster than he can sell the domain he loses his collateral - and this is a very thin, illiquid market. All the other lenders would be trying to sell at the same time.

Now THAT'S what a bubble looks like.

And that is why they are P2P - let the public take the risk.

•••
•••
what kind of interest does lend.me and intelend.com charge?

Here is an email reply from Intelend when I finally replied back to their many requests they kept sending me about wanting to make a loan on one of my one word .com domains.

So we don't waste anymore of your time, I'd like to take a moment to explain how we work. We do interest-only cash advances at 5% per month. So on every $1000 you borrow your payment would be $50 per month until you could send back the $1000. Most of our customers only need the funds for 30, 60 or 90 days. If you need it for much longer than that, obviously we would be an expensive option.
We also have a $3000 minimum deal size. This name by itself would not qualify but maybe you'd have more collateral you could add so we can work on a bigger deal.
This does not mean that your domain isn't worth more than $3000. We aren't trying to imply that the true retail valuation isn't much greater because I'm sure it is. Please understand that we have to look at wholesale values and base deals on what we think we could get if we had to recoup our funds quickly in the case of a default.

•••
Wow! 5% a month is equivalent of 80% a year!!!

they should rename themselves to IntePawn...

•••
Wow! 5% a month is equivalent of 80% a year!!!

they should rename themselves to IntePawn...

That's not even the worst of it Recons. After I insisted on details, they finally admitted that they would refuse to let any borrower pay down any of their principle to reduce the interest required each month! So even if you had $4,000 of a $5,000 loan to pay back, they would not let you pay back any of it until you had the full $5,000 to pay in one lump sum.

•••
Yes, better stay away. I guess only desperate owners contact them, but make their situation even worse by doubling the debt.

•••
on lend.me it seems there is no loan request. you pay $20 to see loan requests, but it seems there is no loan request on the site.

•••
Ever play no limit poker?

It's all fun until the other guy bets more than you have. Then you are out -- regardless how good your hand is.

That's the lender in this. If the market moves faster than he can sell the domain he loses his collateral - and this is a very thin, illiquid market. All the other lenders would be trying to sell at the same time.

Now THAT'S what a bubble looks like.

And that is why they are P2P - let the public take the risk.

Yeah that's not how no limit poker works.

•••
i have used intelend and have found them responsive and easy to deal with. no doubt you shouldnt take a lona unless you can afford the high interest, but when no one else will lend on domain asset, they are a nice option in a world with none other.

even at the interest mentioned above, you can take a $20,000 domain and desperate sell for $5k, or borrow $5k for 90 days and try to sell better to and end user, maybe even spend $1000 on development.

other services for domainers that use paypal are (affilate link) Kabbage

i might do a video on some of the options. let me know if i can answer any questions for a fellow member.

page howe
dntv.tv

•••
find a reputable one that makes you an offer could give you a nice estimate idea what you should be selling that domain for elsewhere.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back