IT.COM

question IS THERE A WAY TO GET LIST OF ALL ACTIVE WEBSITE DOMAIN NAMES

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

myfavorite

Top Member
Impact
Please fellow NP members, is there a way I could get list of all active website domain names.

Will want to study it to know what will sell or not.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have the alexa top 1m

•••
•••
•••
•••
Yes, but practically no. You can achieve this in the following two ways:
1. Obtain zone files for all TLDs, extract domains from the zone files and crawl each domain individually to determine the "active" part. Of course, you need insane amounts of computing power, storage and bandwidth
2. Break into Google and steal their entire search engine crawl db (J/K and I'd say virtually impossibly)

•••
I used to know one website where we able to search top active website related to extension & Alexa rank but unfortunately I am unable to recall its name.

•••
I used to know one website where we able to search top active website related to extension & Alexa rank but unfortunately I am unable to recall its name.
ZFBot had some of this information!

•••
Thanks everyone for your replies, but the search is still on for a free source of the info

•••
Thanks everyone for your replies, but the search is still on for a free source of the info
i.e. "I'm lazy"

i.e. stands for “that is” in Latin, just in case anyone reading is too lazy to look it up.

The point? Lazy will never make a living in domains.

Last edited:
•••
.e. "I'm lazy"

i.e. stands for “that is” in Latin, just in case anyone reading is too lazy to look it up.

The point? Lazy will never make a living in domains.
Lol. Not been lazy. Just enjoying the privileges our elders in domain extends to us here on NP. Which is highly appreciated by me

You don't have to reinvent the wheel when you have people that can pass on the info.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back