NameSilo

question Is there a service that looks for expired domains that have/had traffic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dataman

Established Member
Impact
I have enough data to develop a service like, but first want to check if it exists and if anyone would be interested in.

Basic schedule/notifications/auto sniping of dropping domains with some Alexa rank or previous Alexa rank.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am not sure np is the best forum to get answer to your question. A forum that concentrates on site flipping (rather than domain flipping) might be more adapted

There are several sites that select/offer pbn opportunities, and I suppose you know them. I don't have the list on the top of my head, but you can PM or post if you want me to dig through my notes. Probably a few of these report some traffic data

I have personally no or little interest to know about former traffic. It's a 'nice to have' feature, not a criteria for selection

PS: I was typing this post directly in the forum without using notepad to prepare it first (very bad idea indeed). For some reasons the post was published without me asking for it and I had to edit it afterward :)

•••
Thanks for the response, I am not a domainer as you can probably tell. More of a webmaster guy that occasionally sells some of acquired domains so I had no idea if that is relevant or not. I only buy domains if I plan to develop them, ofcorse 80% never get a proper dns and I continue to renew in hopes I will get to them one day.

•••
If I put myself in the shoes of a site flipper (buy a site, develop it, sell the site with the traffic, pages, products...), I don't see much use to see the traffic, especially the former traffic. I'd rather look at the backlinks and the quality of the backlinks and/or reputation which will help regain seo ranking.

There are probably a few cases where traffic might be of interest (I am not an active site flipper). I'd suggest you participate in forums that have an active site flipping section, or at least a seo section.

•••
Yes I see your point, I just though some domainers make money from ads with type ins or old traffic.

•••
You might want to look at blackhat forums who usually are very active in residual/spammy traffic

Just curiosity: how can you get access to former traffic ?

Below are some methods I know:

- residual ranking of some specific keywords
- type in traffic for high demand keywords
- lots of links that send natural traffic

•••
Just curiosity: how can you get access to former traffic ?

Have been collecting data since 2012

Your methods make sense and there are plenty of tools to check for that already

•••
and what is the originality of your method ?

•••
and what is the originality of your method ?

Not sure what you mean, I came here asking if someone is using that as a method.

•••
•••
Not sure what you mean, I came here asking if someone is using that as a method.

You said there are plenty of tools to check traffic with the 'classical' methods I listed (residual ranking, high volume keywords...). I was wondering what benefit your methods is bringing.

•••
You said there are plenty of tools to check traffic with the 'classical' methods I listed (residual ranking, high volume keywords...). I was wondering what benefit your methods is bringing.

It looks specifically at traffic history.

•••
I'm checking Alexa for entire drop lists daily. All i can say is if you see Alexa <10k, in like 95% cases it's fake or spam. Maybe only 2-3 domains a week that have Alexa <10k are real stuff, but those are from the league that even DropCatch not often can grab.

When you take 10-20k range, it's usually much brighter picture.

But anyway, Alexa can not be the exact traffic measure.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back