IT.COM

question Is The Premium Flippa Upsells Worth It?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Billy Wagner

Nameplicity.comTop Member
Impact
I don't have a huge Twitter following or anything of that nature, so would the "premium" upsell on Flippa be worth it? I've never paid for extras, and would like experience from fellow domainers who have, and what their results were.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
I like the .property extension and it's a good name...but I don't think it's worth the $250++ for a new extension on flippa. To be honest, and I'm going to generalize here lol, most of the buyer pool on Flippa don't know what the hell they are buying..better to go w/ another name/extension.

List it basic, see what attention it gets. Flippa is running free relistings again this month, so you can always just relist it, and tack an upgrade on the next time around.

•••
@TravisS Thank you for the actual information and thought.

•••
Don't do it for that name.

•••
I'd avoid paying full price for Flippa's upgrades. If you're selling a $X,XXX or $XX,XXX sort of name it might make sense... but there are cheaper ways to market names. Heck, Flippa does sales on them all the time.

•••
what is the domain name?

•••
Depends on the domain name. If its worth $X,XXX & more, flippa premium listing would help in getting the needed exposure. Otherwise, it could be a loss or the profit wouldn't be much compared to the expenses.

•••
Anyone have any feedback on the "best" listing length time? In the past I've done the max, 30 days, but wonder if it's a waste of time to list it that long, seeing as most bidders bid within a few days of the auctions closing. Then again, I don't want to list it for a few days and someone that would have been interested in the domain not see it.

14 days is the recommended time frame, but do any fellow domains have a "sweet spot" for listing times? Or is it 14 days?

•••
i usually go for 14 days for the reasons you mentioned. Never had a sale yet, but only been using flippa for the last couple of months, so I'm still trying to find sweet spots haha.

Best of luck :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back